Liked: 1

Default Potential FB Chassis & Parts

I have a chassis that was going to be built up as a prototype DSR back in 2008 and it just never got built. Would also make an awesome F1000 chassis as it essentially is a formula car chassis. The middle section is actually an original Maloy D/CSR with an ample cockpit for those that aren't "jockey" sized. The front clip is from the 2007 Phoenix F1000 and the rear section is from the 2009 Phoenix F1000. All new tubing is Cr/Mo and is TIG welded. The geometry of the front and rear were engineered together...but we had to use the 2007 front geometry (flat chassis) because the 2009 front chassis had a raised nose. We wanted to keep the whole chassis flat because...at the time....their were potential rule issues we wanted to avoid.

This chassis has a SCCA homologation certificate (as a D/C Sports Racer) and that will come with the car. I do not know what would be required for SCCA to approve this chassis for F1000...I don't think it would be an issue...but don't know.

I do not have the complete suspension for this car or all of the parts to make it a roller...but there's a lot here. In addition to the chassis...here is what I have:

Complete front suspension A-Arms & Pushrods. These were professionally built from Cr/Mo aero tubing by Protech Engineering. This is upper and lower a-arms and aero pushrods and include all rod ends, bushings, etc. I may also have the toe links...let me check.

Lower Rear A-Arms. These were professionally built by Phoenix Race Works from flat steel tubing and do not include any hardware.

Suspension Rockers and bearings. These are to connect the shocks to the chassis and were used on all Maloy/Phoenix D/CSR and F1000 cars and were sold to private builders as well. Well engineered parts.

Upright. Only have one. Use it as model for machining others or source new ones.

Upright Brackets. Complete set front and rear. These connect the suspension arms to the upright and are designed with removeable shims for ease of suspension adjustment. Custom machined for the Phoenix F1000 cars.

Rear Axles. These are custom machined and would work with this chassis using a TRE differential and standard CV Joints.

Titanium Header. May need minor modification to work with the chassis....minor. I believe this was for the 2008 Suzuki GSXR1000, but may work with other motors.

Wheels. Two complete set of OZ aluminum wheels (from FC car) which we milled slightly to match our track requirements.

Rotors. Have several slotted rotors for this car and 2 solid rotors as well.

Wilwood Master Cylinder Kits. Two for the brakes and One for the clutch.
    Motor mounts. Custom machined rear motor mounts to fit 2007-08 GSXR 1000 to this chassis. Requires the machining of spacers to get the motor placed properly (side to side) in the car, but these will put you in the ballpark.

Misc. Odds and Ends. Rod Ends, bushings, AN Hardware, etc.

Perfect "Starter Kit" for someone wanting to build their own F1000 car. Parts needed to complete this car would be easily obtained from a few parts suppliers (and I may even have some of the part numbers somewhere).

Obviously, there's tons of work left (like a body would be nice)...but you can essentially make the car look how you want...with a dependable and predictable chassis underneath.

I would like to sell this project complete...as is....where is....Phoenix, AZ. I am only asking $2,500 as I really need to move this stuff as I'm moving to a smaller shop and don't have the room....and I want someone to be able to use it....I'm not. I always wanted to build this up, but have come to the realization that it's time to move on.

If you are looking to build a Sports Racer....I have a full vacuum-bagged carbon "tunnel" floor for this chassis that would need some significant "fitting"...but much CFD was done on it and it should be very effective.

Please contact Matt if you are interested. I have pics of everything and would be happy to send them out. 602-799-1922 phone or text.
    Last edited by Matt Conrad; 01.29.16 at 4:23 PM. Reason: Update

Default More Info

OK....I've got many people texting, etc with the same questions.....

The chassis is complete....less mounts for the diff assembly. I wanted to do a different diff mount/adjustment so we didn't finish that part....and I never got around to working on the new assembly. Here's the details on what I mean by complete:

• All suspension points are welded into the chassis, front and rear.
    • Mounting locations for the steering box and master cylinders are welded into the front bulkhead.
    • There are bungs welded to mount a moveable pedal tray.
    • The shock and rocker mounts are welded into the chassis
    • There's a mount for a cable activated shifter...if you need one.
    • Front engine mounts are welded to the roll hoop.

I do have the complete front suspension (A-Arms w/anti-intrusion), push rods, and toe links....and all rod ends and bushings are included.

I only have one upright....you can use the one I have as a model to machine more...or source a similar upright from Phoenix Race Works or Gary Hickman.

The first person to arrange to move the items and puts $2,500 in my hand gets them. My move to the new shop happened sooner than I thought and these parts need a new home.

Matt

If you need any further details or more info please ask.

Default Update

OK...a few things are gone...but the main chassis and suspension is still available and I'm going to post some pictures of what's left.

Here's what is gone:

• TRE Diff and all CV Joints, Etc.
    • Titanium Header
    • PBS Quick Jack and Stands
    • One set of OZ Wheels
    • Plug for Sports Racer

Here's what's left:

• Complete Chassis (as described above)
    • Complete Phoenix F1K07 Aero Front A-Arms, Aero Pushrods, Toe Links and all rod ends, bushings, etc.
    • One complete billet Upright with all mounting brackets
    • Lower Rear A-Arms (no extras)
    • One set of OZ Aluminum Wheels..and one spare front and rear wheel.
    • Complete Carbon Sportsracer Tunnel Undertray
    • Two (2) Solid rotors
    • Two (4) Vented rotors
    • High Density Plastic Engine Crate
    • Custom Carbon Wing Endplates

I think that's all...pics of some of the stuff follows.

FYI....this chassis has a wider engine bay than the original Maloy chassis as we had intended to run a Kawasaki ZX-14 or Hayabusa for this car.

Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matt Conrad; 01.29.16 at 4:25 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Thread Information