Liked: 0

Default driving question

Hello everyone,

Im planning on running in FB for a few races as a way to continue racing untill i am able get back into a f1600 car. My main question here is do youthink it will hinder my preformane in f1600 to do so. Going from a FB/f1000 that has about the same power or more, but actual downforce. back down to a f1600 that has 0 downforce, less power. will that hurt my driving abiltity to drive a f1600 on the limit and fast. seeing how i would have spent a season driving with a car that has essentially more grip because of the aero. or should i just wait and driv the 1600 so im not use to the added grip.

Liked: 27

After a season of driving a F1000 car you are not going to WANT to get back in a FF !!! Going fast is very addictive !
    God is my pilot, I'm just the loose nut behind the wheel !

Liked: 84

LOL
    "If you're not driving on the edge you're taking up too much space.... "

Liked: 273

Default What!!!

I seriously doubt after running even just a few F1000 races you'd ever want to go back to a FF1600.

That would be like asking an F1 driver to drop back down to F3, not going to happen.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Liked: 0

What I'm attempting to do is just get done more seat time. I'm on scholarship for skip barber racing school. Which is a really poor man f2000 lol on street tires and no downforce but if you place top 5 you get invited to the championship shootout which the winner gets a check to move into usf2000 I want to maximize seat time and still be really competitive to win that shootout. So wanting to do do some more racing to better prepare for it after their season is done. A lot of current guys go to f1600 in between

Liked: 273

In my opinion if you can get time in an F1000 do it. This in no way is going to make you a worse driver in a FF1600. Take this from a guy that ran FF for better part of 10yrs. It's going to make you a better driver if anything.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

if you want to win this barber thing why not rent time in barber cars?

Liked: 121

Do it. Can't hurt, only help. Good luck in your quest.

Liked: 49

Seat time is seat time. The more you get in any car, the better driver you become. Just make sure when you go back to a wingless car that you prepare yourself for the change and don't overdrive the first few sessions.
    Just my 2 cents.
    But I agree that once your're in an FB, you'll have a hard time going back. It's justtoo much fun...
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.”
    Hunter S Thompson

Thread Information