Pacific F2000/F1600 Competitors,

Let's get ready to race! Our first event for 2015 will be a non-championship double header which will not count for points. There will, however be prize money. The event is the January 16-18 SCCA Majors at Auto Club Speedway. Registration through SCCA is open now at http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/u-s-majors-presented-by-porterfield-brakes-auto-club-speedway-scca-357853#.VITIhmPu3IV and you should get registered right away. You will also need to send in a Pacific F2000/F1600 entry (we will get a form posted on Pacific F2000/F1600.com within the next few days). Our own entry fee will be only $75. This year several of our competitors neglected to send in a Pacific F2000/F1600 entry and lost out on prize money, so don't forget to do this. We have reserved a block of garage spaces which will be on a first come first served basis. E-mail me as soon as you can with garage requests. The garages are $100 a space ($200 per door). We will be running within the Majors group as we did in 2014 at this event. For this event only entries will be going to Buttonwillow Raceway as we have in the past. After this event there will be a new procedure for entries.

I had hoped to have our entire schdule for 2015 nailed down long before now, but that turned out to be much more difficult than I had imagined. Here is what I have so far:

April 18-19 Thunderhill with NASA running a single run group with Formula Car Challenge (F2000)

May 1-3 Buttonwillow SCCA Majors running within the SCCA group (F2000/F1600)

July 4-5 Portland SCCA Majors F2000 will run single run group with Forumla Car Challenge. F1600 within SCCA group

August 30 with Indy Car running single run group with Formula Car Challenge (F2000)

October 17-18 Auto Club Speedway with Cal-Club Pacific Coast Road Racing Championship stand-alone group Pacific

F2000/F1600 only

The August date with Indy Car is apparently not certain at this time. There is a possible alternative to the October event, although the event at Auto Club Speedway is looking to be most likely. I will update everyone as soon as I know anything on those dates.

Please encourage your racing friends to come out and race with us, even if only for one event. By 2016 we would like to get our numbers back up to a level that allows us to have our own stand-alone run group at each event.

We may have a tire deal for 2015. Those of you who attended our meeting last month know that I wasn't inclined to do a tire deal unless there was a financial incentive; this deal would come with some money. We have yet to do a test wih the tire in question, but will do so soon. For the January event tire choice and number will be open as it was this year.

There will be more news soon, but I wanted to get the information on Auto Club Speedway out right away since that event is only weeks away.

Happy holidays to everyone, and I hope to see you at the track!

Peter West

The following members LIKED this post: Kazis31