Liked: 384

you and me ,buddy.....lol
    Maris Kazia ,CEO
    EuroKraft Inc Racing
    Circuito do Sol
    2014 Radical SR 3 RSX, 2x Tatuus FA 01
    BMW HP2 .BMW K1200 R.Porsche 996 Carerra 4s

Liked: 210

I'm not surprised by this at all. With the success of Ricardo and Vettel's lack of performance he doesn't strike me as a driver with a lot of patience to stick it out through the tough times Red Bull is having.

More of a surprise to me is Fernando leaving Ferrari to go with a totally unknown quantity in the Honda engine.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

Fernando must be extraordinarily frustrated with Ferrari. Rightfully so. I'm hoping H & M can bring a great car for him to drive next year. More competitive teams, not less, Bernie
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Contributing Member
    Liked: 210

Default Noooo!

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!

I haven't felt a "kick in the gut" like this since Lew Alcindor left my beloved Milwaukee Bucks in 1975.

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

Default Vettel leaves Red Bull Racing

Liked: 80

makes the term "silly season" rather inadequate.

the sound you hear is me shaking my head.

Liked: 0

Default Not a Big Surprise

Vettel leaving should not come as a big surprise, and I believe it speaks more to the future direction of the sport then the traditional driver shuffle that has provided the fans additional entertainment in the past.

Vettel's performance this season is due to his driving style. In past seasons, Seb benefited from a very efficient Renault V8 that allowed him to drive "flat out" and throw the car into the corners, utilizing the blown rear diffuser's down force to keep him on the limit, and in the winner's circle.

This year's rule changes, with the intent to make Formula 1 more environmentally friendly and fuel efficient, have resulted in an underpowered Renault power unit, center mounted exhaust, and a lower nose that restricts airflow around the tee tray resulting greatly reduced down force.

Vettel has been one of the most outspoken critics of the new Formula 1 power units, he is quoted saying "he wants to drive a monster."

Now take Red Bull. Recently it has been made official that they are the works team of Renault; with that they will receive more resources from Renault and Renault will have more input on the future car developments.

When the major stakeholders of Formula 1 held meetings to develop the 2014 regulations there were two camps: the side of Carlos Ghosn (CEO of Renault) who favored fuel limiting environmentally friendly "power unit" and that of Bernie Ecclestone, who favored a more traditional approach to fuel usage and engine design.

In a very public way Red Bull has been losing the best staff in Formula 1 as a result of the 2014 regulations, most notable Adrian Newey, whose designs were tailor made for Vettel's driving style.

Now bring Ferrari in to the picture: Without question the most powerful and important team in Formula 1, who is in desperate need of world championships in order to maintain the Ferrari marketing machine. The same marketing machine that relies on the emotion and passion that the sound of an 18,000 RPM Formula 1 engine evokes.

What is Sebastian Vettel to do? He is being overshadowed by his new teammate, Daniel Ricciardo, and is stuck driving a car that dose not suit his driving style. Made by a constructer who has strategically aligned themselves with Carlos Ghosn's Renault (figurehead of the "new fuel efficient formula 1").

Sebastian Vettel has had a close relationship with Bernie Ecclestone. I would bet that Bernie had a conversation that went like this " Here is your opportunity, although Red Bull has been good to you, with Renault as the engine supplier you will never get a car that performs like the RB 6, 7, 8, or 9. Ferrari is the most influential team in F1, and they want things to change, they want a F1 that has high revving, loud and fast F1 cars that put on a show for the masses; and most of all they have the resources to make you the next Schumacher.

To summarize my point, Sebastian Vettel moving to Ferrari is much more important then Louis Hamilton moving to Mercedes.

As an avid fan, I have to say I do not think we are going back to the V12 engine era. All I can hope is that F1 gets is roar back, the La Ferrari and McLaren P1 have proved that hybrid technology is the key to future high performance engines.
    I imagine an F1 powered by small high revving V10s with electric engines spinning blowers powered by energy recovery systems, an F1 that is technologically advanced for the tech savvy and exciting to attract the masses.

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

We can only hope
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 384

With all that happening Russian kid gets break of a lifetime and
    career.
    He'll get Vettel's spot in Red Bull.
    Lucky bastard.
    Go Russians(except Putin)
    Maris Kazia ,CEO
    EuroKraft Inc Racing