Liked: 18

Default 2 Regional Weekends @ Calabogie for 2015

CMP and MCO have announced that they will be partnering to ensure that there are 2 events for 2015
    This from Terry Dale the Race Director for both events;

"It is confirmed - MCO is organising a second CASC Regional Race at Calabogie Motorsports Park on May 30-31, 2015. CMP is partnering with MCO with CMP taking on the organisational piece and MCO doing the operational component. Our traditional 'Ted Powell Race Event' is also scheduled for August 22-23..."

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Love the track, hate the back roads it takes to get there. Hopefully both weekends will be the long track.
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 18

May 30-31 is the height of blackfly season BTW. I would hope of a cold weekend.

Liked: 105

Be great if they use the long track for both events.
    Noel Brigido
    Formula 1200 / FTDA

Liked: 51

Quote Originally Posted by karmaboy View Post
    CMP and MCO have announced that they will be partnering to ensure that there are 2 events for 2015
    This from Terry Dale the Race Director for both events;

"It is confirmed - MCO is organising a second CASC Regional Race at Calabogie Motorsports Park on May 30-31, 2015. CMP is partnering with MCO with CMP taking on the organisational piece and MCO doing the operational component. Our traditional 'Ted Powell Race Event' is also scheduled for August 22-23..."
    Any news/dates on the Can-Am series?

Liked: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
    Love the track, hate the back roads it takes to get there. Hopefully both weekends will be the long track.
    What route do you take to get there?

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

I don't recall exactly Frank but have done two different routes from Toronto & both were a pain. Staying on the 401 longer was better but still ended up on back roads.

As I said it is a great track just don't enjoy the drive.
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Johan W View Post
    Any news/dates on the Can-Am series?
    I doubt anything will be decided until the New Year. It depends upon when the CASC and SCCA NEDIV regional schedules are released.

Liked: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
    I don't recall exactly Frank but have done two different routes from Toronto & both were a pain. Staying on the 401 longer was better but still ended up on back roads.

As I said it is a great track just don't enjoy the drive.
    401 to Napanee..go north to HWY 7 then east and just before Perth(see Calabogie sign) go north to Calabogie,all very nice roads but I have never gone the Perth to Calabogie section so dont know that part.

Thread Information