Liked: 8

Default SVRA Indy June 2015

If memory serves, formula fords conforming to Monoposto rules were accepted at the SVRA Indy race this year.
    When I go to their site, I find nothing to confirm this idea.
    I drive a 1981 PRS club ford.
    Am I eligible for the event and if so how does one get an invitation?
    I would also be interested in hearing of your experiences at the event and was it worth the effort to go.
    I know! Of course it was. : )
    Thanks in advance
    Greg Kokolus
    PRS RH-01

Liked: 29

I competed at Indy this past June, and it was a fantastic event. Your FF would be eligible as is just about anyone with a check. Maybe they will tighten things up a bit after they about ran out of paddock space last June. Contact SVRA and indicate you want to enter next year's event. They will send you an entry form, car registration papers and everything else you will need. BTW, I was entered in a 1998 FC car.

Jim Gustafson

Liked: 141

Quote Originally Posted by PRS56 View Post
    If memory serves, formula fords conforming to Monoposto rules were accepted at the SVRA Indy race this year.
    SVRA has always deferred to Monoposto Rules for such cars - you should have no problem with that model -
    http://monoposto.com/pdf%20Files/Rul...20revision.pdf

As Jim said - contact Kathy at SVRA - but be aware that next week is their COTA championship event so you may not get an answer until after that effort has subsided.

It was very full this year but there was still room for more small trailers and big trailers and the garages were not all rented. Good Luck.

Liked: 27

I absolutely loved the event last year !!! As did my granddaughter for her 1st race event ever. I will go back if they let me. HOWEVER , I was told there will be fewer entries accepted. Don't know if they will stick to that though. There were 52 cars in my 1st session on the track !! Group 9 Formula cars (including Jim). It was intense. If you can go , it's well worth the effort. Good luck , hope to see you and Jim there.
    God is my pilot, I'm just the loose nut behind the wheel !

Liked: 8

Default Indy 2015

Thanks for responding.
    I will take your suggestion and contact SVRA after next week.
    Regards,
    Greg Kokolus

Liked: 31

Default Vintage FF gears for Indy

Anyone willing to share what gears they found worked well for a vintage FF at Indy on the F1 circuit? A reasonable starting setup for a 9:31 fd on Dunlops would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 29

Put in the tallest Mk-9 gear you can get your hands on. May not be perfect for the road course, but you won't be too far off. The main thing is to get the most out of the 2.5 mile oval experience. One of the best experiences you will ever have in a race car.

Jim Gustafson

Liked: 246

Something around 19/32 1st and 25/25 4th will get you close. Todd

Liked: 43

We still have some room in group 2 where the FF's run and Group 9 for the wings and slicks. Group 2 has 38 cars so far and group 9 has 47. All FF's are welcome 67-2008. Please contact Kathy if you are interested at kathy@svra.com / 817.521.5158
    Rick Parent
    SVRA Technical Director
    rick@svra.com
    http://www.svra.com/

Thread Information