Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 432

Default Engine Builder ID Question.

Hi, I am trying to find out something about my 711 Kent motor. I know it was brought into the US around 71 by a Royale importer somewhere in the New England area. The motor was bench run only and is basically new old stock. It was pulled apart and played before being brought in to the US as the motor was in a Factory Dutton sports racer. The block is blue and the cast head is black. It had allen heads holding accessories on also. I know engine builders usually stamp something on the block but the only stamp I can find is on a machined area at the back of block under the #4 exhaust port. It has 4 4 stamped as you can hopefully see in the attached photo. Has anybody got any ideas of who the builder might have been. I know this is a shot in the dark but hey there is a wealth of knowledge here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Graham

Liked: 322

don't have any additional info, but what about the stamping I see on the engine mounting ear?

my Royale had a block that had "PARSONS" stamped on the front face, though I doubt the engine was original to the car.
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Contributing Member
    Liked: 470

My engine was a Minister engine from England (until my engine builder painted it black... ...and pretty much replace every part of the original lump), and it was painted pretty much that same blue.

Good eye John. The number on the rear mounting ear is D7. Anybody??
    Graham

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

Blue with a black head and in the New England area in the early 70's. I'm thinking it's a Stimola engine.

Anything stamped on the head or intake?
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Not that I can see. The motor was obviously apart when painted as there is overspray inside the block and openings. Not as so much as to worry about it
    Graham

Classifieds Super License HayesCages's Avatar
    Liked: 180

"D7" in Ford speak is 1977. A was the 1940's, B, the 50's, C, the 60's and so on. Number is the year of that decade.
    If that's what it means at all, may be a casting sequence number or QC inspector number or something.
    Lawrence Hayes
    Hayes Cages, LLC
    Sagle, ID.

Default Update

OK, I found 2 markings on the head. One is a D on a tab by the #1plug and the other is C314 in a circle located on a tab next to #4 plug. I had to scrape the paint of to see them. Thanks in advance.
    Graham

Default Found another number

On the back of the block I found a number and marking (with a flashlight, scraper and magnifying glass). The number is upside down and is 2 275C51 by the looks of it and a funny looking W or M. It kind of looks like a Motorola M actually. I could only see half the number so I loosened the adapter to get the rest of the number. There is another making (M) the same a few inches away from the number. Thanks everybody.
    Graham

Bump. Thanks everybody for the help this far.
    Graham

Thread Information