Liked: 0

Default Seeking contact of all VW drivers in new C mod?

As we did years ago (Had the Solo Vee of America group) I am seeking to try to get a list of all drivers of VW who will be active in C mod. both locally and nationally this year?
    Send me your email address, and lets exchange discussions on this media.
    My email address is lrmetz@comcast.net...my web page metzphotos.smugmug.com
    I have run a formula vee in soloing since 1981! Have two cars now, with four engines, and a garage full of stuff! I ran more in the early 1990's, have gained weight since, and am on a serious diet to get thinner to get back in my cars.
    I have a 1972 Zink C4 that is a solo vee, but still with the 1600 engine size of the late 90's rules.
    I have a one off 1978 Albatros 1200 formula vee, remaining 1200 for time trials, and under 1978 preparation rules.

Lets put together a group of ANHYDROUS C mod drivers!!!
    We need to be heard here, or maybe eventually moved to a permanent class that permits us to compete seriously again? I have changed classes with these cars four times over these many years, and saw many drivers give up and leave the class, maybe I am the only one still remaining?
    I am an advocate of returning to the 1200 rules....seem to be really alone on this so far? It could become a solo class that is economical and fun restoring and keeping older vees!

Did I get anyone fired up to get into a discussion???

Liked: 310

There will not be any additional Modified classes created. The only talk about a new Mod class is by the the heavy EM car owners to separate from the light EM cars, and that won't happen either.

I refuse to run CM with a Solo Vee, and my car is parked. I haven't even taken it out out the trailer after blowing the engine at the Gateway Tour.

Liked: 309

I recently bought a '79 Crusader FV that I would autocross with any kind of reasonable rules package. 1200 nor 1600 can compete with the Fords, but it's an open question in my mind whether 1915 can do it. Since I have to build a new engine for solo, and we are stuck with the Fords, can the 1915 get the job done, presuming all other things are equal?
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

An outstanding driver in a fully prepped and sorted Solo Vee might be able to trophy at Nationals.

Liked: 10

Default Re: Seeking contact of all VW drivers in new C mod?

Currently CM is the "least fast" of the autox Mod classes for fully prepared and driven cars. I remember when the speed order was A, B, C with D/E following and the F440's and Solo Ve's pushing for FMod. Unfortunately for Solo Vee's development/rule changes didn't' keep pace with F500. Given the resurgence of FF CM interest trying to make Solo Vee really competitive without messing up the Fords and Hondas will be an unpopular challenge.

Dick

Default Solo Vee

Good to see you get back in your Vee. Looking forward to seeing you out there.
    Vern Maxey
    No.4 Darth Vee

Liked: 3

edited for lack of solo vee content
    Last edited by mwood; 04.13.13 at 11:05 AM.

Default 2014 update....solo vees out there??

NOw a year later from earlier posting.......maybe a stupid idea, but I am planning a new solo vee effort. 2014 model of a Wasp by Dunlap Motorsports of Indianapolis. Car is being build up from formula vee chassis, thus will be a brand new car as a solo vee at the current rules......MAYBE THE FIRST AND ONLY SOLO VEE TO BE BUILT NEW???? Anyone know of any others?

I have arrangements for veetech to build the engine to the present 2014 rules. Only problem is the car will not be completed until late Fall, maybe October. Hopefully the rules will not change, so that 2015 the car can be run and see if it has any chance of being competitive in C mod.
    I maybe looking for a competitive driver, as I need to lose more weight and am getting a bit old to be competitive again.
    This is a big challenge, but am trying to make a very serious effort......

Larry, there are no rule changes for 2015.

Liked: 183

Quote Originally Posted by Larry R Metz View Post
    NOw a year later from earlier posting.......maybe a stupid idea, but I am planning a new solo vee effort. 2014 model of a Wasp by Dunlap Motorsports of Indianapolis. Car is being build up from formula vee chassis, thus will be a brand new car as a solo vee at the current rules......MAYBE THE FIRST AND ONLY SOLO VEE TO BE BUILT NEW???? Anyone know of any others?

I have arrangements for veetech to build the engine to the present 2014 rules. Only problem is the car will not be completed until late Fall, maybe October. Hopefully the rules will not change, so that 2015 the car can be run and see if it has any chance of being competitive in C mod.
    I maybe looking for a competitive driver, as I need to lose more weight and am getting a bit old to be competitive again.
    This is a big challenge, but am trying to make a very serious effort......

good luck!

Thread Information