Liked: 68

Default CDS Announcement

At the risk of angering the forum management, I'm shamelessly cross-posting this notification from CDS here in the Data Acquisition section, as I think it's relevant here:

Quote Originally Posted by CDS View Post
    Dear Customers and Friends,

I have some excellent news. We have entered into an agreement with a group to purchase our data acquisition business assets.
    The purchasers are highly qualified to carry both product and business development forward for a long time to come.

Full details are at http://www.competitiondata.com/cdsnote.htm

Printable version:
    http://www.competitiondata.com/cdsrel318.pdf
    Marshall Mauney

Milwaukee Region

Contributing Member
    Liked: 89

Marshall, I notice that the commander2 system is not mentioned in your announcement. I know the system is ancient, but will there be any type of support for those systems?

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by 10rmotor View Post
    Marshall, I notice that the commander2 system is not mentioned in your announcement. I know the system is ancient, but will there be any type of support for those systems?
    The Commander 2 was designed in 1992. The first production shipped 4/8/1993 (22 years ago? is that possible???)

The last Commander 2 shipped out from our shop on 3/10/2006, 13 years ago. The pc industry began obsoleting the PCMCIA memory cards in 2007 and the last new PC's with PC card slots were sold in 2010 or so. We no longer have parts to repair the Commander 2. most of the key IC's in it are obsolete. We do what we can to help people who still use them, but we are very limited in what we can do.

Support for obsolete products is not part of the pending sale to Marshall.

Thread Information