Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greg Pizzo

Liked: 23

Default Greg Pizzo

As much as I hate writing this post, it has gotten to the point that I feel I have no choice but to put bad business where it belongs.

After running and winning the Saturday event at the PBIR Major in January, I thought that it would be prudent to not run the Sunday race as I was running 240F water temps, and 250F oil temps most of the race. I ran the Sebring regional in February with similar temps, but already decided a change needed to be made.

I talked to Mike Devins, Michael Crowe, and then Greg Pizzo about new side pods, I thought I would go with Greg's setup- something that is innovative and has 35% greater oil and water cooler capacitiy than the stock VD set up. What I was running is not stock, and is modified for FB, but obviously not enough.

I gave Greg Pizzo $1000 up front to start the job, and in his words "another $1500 10 days later to show his cooler fabricator we were serious". That was in January, the delivery date in six weeks.

Seven months later, I still haven't seen a single piece of the side pods or coolers that were promised me. I have lost an entire season of racing, My SARRC lead in the points, a set of sticker tires I bought in February, and any track time at Daytona I was going to get with the new setup. The runoffs there next year is still on my bucket list, but that could have helped.

Again, I hate to go this route, but in my business if I offered you a service and couldn't deliver, I'd be fired at the least.

I want my stuff or my $2500 back.

If anyone does business with this guy, don't give him any money up front

Brett Lane

Contributing Member
    Liked: 89

No phone calls or emails returned in the six plus months since january? Seems odd. I've bought things from him before, though I've only dealt with him in person.

Liked: 7

In 10+ years of buying stuff off apexspeed he's the only person I ever had and issue with.

Jerry

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by 10rmotor View Post
    No phone calls or emails returned in the six plus months since january? Seems odd. I've bought things from him before, though I've only dealt with him in person.
    No, I've spoke with him the entire time, up to the days before I posted this. It was " you're stuff will be ready in two more weeks". Month after month this went on, excuses on finding decent help, fiberglass layup guys, blah blah blah.... And it has been 8 months now.

Now I've told him I just want my money back. $2500. Guess what- he said he'll have it in a couple of weeks.

Greg seems to be a decent guy, so I am going to give him those two weeks to refund my money. That will be Monday. If he doesn't have it, I will call him out right here so stay tuned...

Liked: 444

Exactly! Jesus Burky, you're good!

Liked: 99

Dealt with Greg quite a bit, never had a problem and he has always gone above and beyond for me. He has made some great parts for the VD and I know others who have also taken advantage of these pieces, without problem.
    -Nick

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Lane View Post
    No, I've spoke with him the entire time, up to the days before I posted this. It was " you're stuff will be ready in two more weeks". Month after month this went on, excuses on finding decent help, fiberglass layup guys, blah blah blah.... And it has been 8 months now.

Now I've told him I just want my money back. $2500. Guess what- he said he'll have it in a couple of weeks.

Greg seems to be a decent guy, so I am going to give him those two weeks to refund my money. That will be Monday. If he doesn't have it, I will call him out right here so stay tuned...
    since you felt the need to make this all public ..
    sending you your refund Monday you should see it wed latest maybe thurs but that is as late as it will be
    I'm not going to explain the whole thing here as it would take way to long, I would encourage anyone to call me and discuss if you feel the need. as well id like to encourage anyone who has a 10-11 hour a day full time day job to design and produce on the side AND deal with major delays in getting parts done as I have and not upset anyone, was never my intention to not keep my word, sometimes circumstances are out of a persons sphere of control ..I have had 3-4 composite guys all local promise parts and not even one came thru YET still trying to find the right guy ... NON locals ( I mean 2-3 hours drive) is not feasible as the shipping of just the mold alone would be a non starter

Jerry I am sorry you were dissatisfied with the deal but at the time I was really going through a lot with family members deathly ill and dying... and on top of that for the 800.00 you paid for 4 nearly complete uprights it was still as smoking deal for you .. to do it again I would never do that again I would have charged more to what they should have gone for and you wouldn't have been the buyer

I always try my best to be honest and fair. have there been deals that went sideways .. yes .... but I don't owe anyone $15K or anything like that .. there are those who do ..

Brett you WILL get your $$ back in the next few days would have been nice if you didn't feel the need to make all this public .. I'm sure you can think of a few things that were said that YOU would rather not be made public .......... I'm sorry I could not get these parts made I would have wanted nothing more than this to all go easy and you be happy and make a couple bucks as well, all this turned out to be is you unhappy me very frustrated and POOR sorry it turned out like this... I'm not going to call out the guys who could never get me parts no need .. I just learned a lot ..maybe why folks don't try to do this stuff ..
    friend us on FaceBook search "velocity haus"
    like on facebook search "velocity haus Engineering"
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Greg,
    I like it, you manned up.
    Respects,
    Marshall

Liked: 43

Greg,

Are these the fiberglass parts that you have on your website as "In Stock" if so you may want to change the inventory status to prevent future issues.

Liked: 7

Just to chime in, I've been working with Greg on a custom project for me and he's been nothing short of spectacular. At the end of the day it's important to remember that most guys that do development in this industry do it as a second job/business and they can't devote all of their time and resources to it.

15. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 530

for those who have ever been mad at a "greg" (metaphor in this context), it is unfortunate that "greg" would ever have to explain himself publically. But it is human nature that these situations escalate.

I recommend the following reading - "This is Water" by David Foster Wallace. Google it. Pay attention. When you're done, try and think of everything in life as "water".

Those 3 words, "This is Water", have changed my l ife. I offer them up to the good of the racing community, because after all, we are all just human and we are all dealing with our own issues and demons. Recognizing that others are too, is a powerful tool.

cheers

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 17

Default Water under the bridge

Nice Mikey. I had heard parts of that speech but never the whole thing. Thanks. J

Greg,

Thanks for the refund. Consider the matter closed.

Good luck with your future enterprise, and am sure things would be different if we met under different circumstances....

Liked: 4

Default Velocity Haus

I have been dealing with Greg for over 2 years now, without success. I have meet with him in person on two occasions. Yes, he seems very personable, but the promised parts just never appear. I have paid out over $20,000 in deposits for gearboxes and steering racks. He no longer answers emails, phone calls or messaging. It is hard chasing him from here in Australia, but i suspect he may be guilty of fraud on a major scale. Any help would be appreciated.

Liked: 111

If anyone knows how to reach of him, it'd be great.
    Last edited by iamuwere; 10.11.22 at 7:59 PM.

Default Velocity Haus

Hi. To all the people that are private messaging me, i have responded with what i know. Please keep them coming. As a group we may be able to resolve things.

Liked: 259

Default phone number of Velocity Haus ??

anyone have a number for Greg at Velocity Haus ??

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by Art Smith View Post

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

The number on his website appears to now be a mobile number belonging to somebody else for the last couple years. No business filing with CA Secretary or State. No activity on his FB accounts for years. . . BUT he was on Apex Speed earlier today, try sending him a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    The number on his website appears to now be a mobile number belonging to somebody else for the last couple years. No business filing with CA Secretary or State. No activity on his FB accounts for years. . . BUT he was on Apex Speed earlier today, try sending him a PM.

Last edited by iamuwere; 10.11.22 at 8:01 PM.

26. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 18

Default Pizzo

He currently has a FC car for sale.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fvracerone1 View Post
    He currently has a FC car for sale.

Link?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 470

Quote Originally Posted by Art Smith View Post

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iamuwere View Post
    He responds occasionally in Facebook messenger. He comes up with life hardship excuses as to why he still owes me money so many years later
    I won't post it in an open thread, but I spoke to Greg a few weeks ago, and I have the number he called me from. It is the same number that is listed on his Customer Service page, but if you can't find it, send me a PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker View Post
    I won't post it in an open thread, but I spoke to Greg a few weeks ago, and I have the number he called me from. It is the same number that is listed on his Customer Service page, but if you can't find it, send me a PM.
    I will. It's on his website, and he sent me a PM stating the number is now in his ApexSpeed signature. It is the number that the interwebs shows being registered to another party in Madera since 2016 and his up to 2016. With people having difficulty communicating with him, I assumed the number was no longer correct.

4 zero 8, 832 - 3 one one 4.

Liked: 259

Default thanks!!

thanks guys, through your help I was able to contact Greg.

Art
    artesmith@earthlink.net

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 77

Default Hey Greg it was twenty years ago.....

On September 7, 1999 we were at Button Willow driving the ex-Rahal Reynard. Time flies.
    I brought a picture to Laguna last weekend in case you showed up. I was crewing Horn and Peter Nosler came by.
    Richard
    Hybels

Liked: 6

Default Stay as far far away

After having dealt with Greg, I regret every moment and would recommend staying as far away as possible.

My last interaction with him required filing a Paypal complaint to recoup payment after months of polite requests. He repeatedly fails to do as promised and communicates on his own terms. He's one of the most arrogant pricks I've ever run into in our community. Find someone else to work with who has integrity. There are plenty of other more pleasant, dependable and stable individuals out there.

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Gents;

I have spent a great deal of time and money with Greg, and I can honestly report he has treated me with the utmost respect, and he has been expeditious, fair and honest. These are the facts as I report them, and they are indisputable
    V/r

Iverson

35. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Ken Lawrence's Avatar
    Liked: 52

Default I have had no issues with Greg

I bought a few items from Greg, delivered as promised, no problems

37. The following members LIKED this post:

Last edited by iamuwere; 10.11.22 at 8:06 PM.

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by iamuwere View Post
    He has owed me thousands in undelivered product for years. Only responds every few half years. Always an excuse as to why he can't pay me.
    I'm in the same boat, though not for years yet. If only I'd done my due diligence and seen this thread first.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 60

Default Don't do it , don't do it, do not do business with this assh

My nightmare starts in December of 2019 when I thought that maybe I could get some uprights that I had for my VanDiemen fitted with his parts(big mistake).

He asked me to trade in my original uprights and he would sell them for me. I refused knowing that I could go back them if things don't work out. I knew that I wasn't in a hurry to get them so it could take a long time and that would be OK.

After they were sent, I thought that I would get an Email stating that everything was received in good order but I did not. Knowing that He most likely did not have these parts on the shelf, I was going to wait for these parts to be machined. Occasionally I would send an Email to him asking for some kind of update to know that all was going well and parts were being made. FOUR, FIVE, SIX MONTHS went buy and nothing. No word Nothing.

At this time you picture him sitting on a beach in Mexico drinking an umbrella drink and saying what a sucker I was. Then Finally I get a shipping notice after EIGHT months. Being in the middle of the pandemic and no racing, I start to remove my original uprights and install the new ones.

First problem: The brake caliper on the rears do not go on. The brake disk does not line up. I find out that I need to remove the brake disk and reverse it.

Next Problem: The wheel nut does not thread on the rear sub axles. I tried a rethreading die to clean it up. That goes two threads and stops. In the subsequent phone call I am told that probably my wheel nut is bad. The wheel nuts at the rear go on the fronts with no problem so I doubt that it is my wheel nuts.

Third Problem: I try to put a front wheel on and have to tighten the wheel nut to seat the wheel on the hub. Now to remove the wheel, I have beat it with a rubber mallet several times to get the wheel off! At first I think that the drive pins are too big for my wheels and they need to be smaller. I take pictures of everything and finally send the two stub axles and all of the drive pins back to him.

And nothing for another six months and out of the blue I get a phone call. He has figured out the problem: The hubs have the wrong bolt circle diameter for the pin drives. I don't want to send them to him but I am informed that if I tried to change them myself then I will just mess everything up. Also if they are sent to him, he would do a quick (less than 4 years) turn around. So I sent them back on my dime even though I should have. And then I wait one, two three, four and five weeks and nothing.

Finally six weeks and two Emails later I get an unexpected package on my door step. Now I see that there are the two stub axles in the rears but not drive pins. Also the stub axle retainer and bolts for the left front are missing.

Another week goes by and finally get a package with the pin drives and the stub axle retainer but no bolts. OK I can get bolts, nuts and washers for the retainer. All along I have thought that he has tried to make it right and fixed everything. I get the uprights installed and go to put the wheel nut on a rear. It goes three three threads and stops. CRAP! I had purchase others from Primus and change them out.

So now only thing left is to put wheels on. So I get a front and put it up and thread on the nut. I feel that the nut is driving the wheel on the hub. Once the nut is loosened I have to beat the wheel off.

So I am back to square one. This guy has no QC program along with no feelings to make things right to his customers. If there was a lawyer that would start a law suit against him then I would gladly join in. There should be plenty of P.O.'d customers that could make a case against him. Here on Apex he should get the same treatment as Jon Lewis and be banned from Apex, have all of his threads removed and any advertising removed.

41. The following members LIKED this post:

Mike
    I sent you NEW stub axles bought from a know supplier i am very surprised they did not work I tried OEM wheel nuts on them and there were fine before they left
    I made new hubs to replace the ones you originally bought as they we machined wrong I tied a couple wheels OEM Wheels here before they left
    I tried calling you to see what the issues are
    I do do my best to tp provide quality part occasionally I get things wrong and I do my best to make them correct this is not the norm for thing to go this poorly

please call me so we can figure this out

Mike about the missing parts I mistakenly thought you kept those when you sent parts to be reworked

again not trying to cheat you just a simple mistake
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

43. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Update on hubs

Mike

tried calling and texting you
    I have 12 hubs here JUST like the ones I sent to you same batch of parts and tried all of them in 2 different brand of wheels I have here one is OEM OZ and set are not but sold by one of your favorite guys (I purchased from Elan )
    all of the hubs slip in all of the wheels some are a bit tight but all pulled of with out any tools besides my hands slipped on and slipped off a couple of wheels I had to sure I was pulling straight but all slipped on and slipped off

as I said previously the missing parts were an honest mistake I thought you had kept them
    Id be glad to send you what you think I did not send you before to make things right

let me know what you want to do

sincerely Greg
    Velocityhaus.com
    velocityhaus@gmail.com
    @Velocityhaus2 instagram

45. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Parts

Remember me? 5 years is a long time to wait. Please respond or we can argue here in public.

Liked: 9

Default Pos of the year

Quote Originally Posted by wil013 View Post
    Remember me? 5 years is a long time to wait. Please respond or we can argue here in public.
    He ripped me offf on used parts total junk supposedly like new he’s so bad

Classifieds Super License Skelly's Avatar
    Liked: 81

Default Greg Pizzo

I have known greg personally for more then 20 plus years. As many have said before it is hard to do this type of stuff and still have a full time job. Greg has designed some amazing parts for many different classes, and has always tried to do his best to keep his promise. I am a full time machinist and sometimes parts take a while to run when you are holding tight tolerances and still be able to keep the customer happy when they want there parts yesterday. As for Tahoe Z he always had excuses when he owed me money for VD sidepods he bought from me years ago and threatened to take me out on the racetrack. So you cant believe everything people complain about.

49. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1108

Sometimes volume speaks volumes.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

51. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 183

I have been dealing with Greg for a little over 5 years. Hell, I am the idiot who bought his old car, and I built it with most of his parts.

Greg certainly does have his moments, but you have to realize that as much as he want VelocityHaus to be his full time job, it's not. When Greg has the parts he will bend over backwards to make sure you have the best deal. And that is where he gets himself into trouble. Giving you the best deal often means he doesn't make any profit or worse, doesn't cover the cost of manufacturing. And that's where he runs into problems with delays on orders. sigh.. It's so frustrating at times. For the record, Greg may have been late on his parts, but he has always delivered

Greg's biggest problem is the lack of his own machine shop. Without that he is at the whims of the larger shops who bump his orders for larger orders. To make it worse, this new awesome post pandemic economy have made these delays even bigger.

It can be easy to do business with Greg. just leave a lot of slack on the order to delivery time and you will do fine. If it's a critical part that you need and he has it in stock, Greg will deliver track side if he can to make sure you have the part when you need it.

I'll continue to do business with Greg. He has the parts I want, and I have learned how to work with him. If you are expecting a large volume seller who can do a quick turn around, that's not Greg. If you want a small volume bespoke version of a part you need, Greg can do that job and build you a prototype that you need, but that will take time.

53. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Gents;

Last year, I concluded a multi-thousand dollar arrangement with Gregg, and it went as smooth as silk.

Further, in the last 10 days, I contracted with him on select drive train components to be manufactured by Velocity Haus, and everything is moving forward smoothly.
    V/r

Iverson

55. The following members LIKED this post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information