Liked: 8

Default Petawawa Racer - Jeff DeJong

In all my years racing I know things can happen, misunderstandings regarding condition of used parts as an example. But I have just tried to work with another member regarding an engine deal. The bottom line is that the engine is seized when it was represented as in working (not to be confused with running) order. We are talking four foot bar seized. I have been buying and selling on Apex for a number of years now. I have always trusted and expected to be trusted. We are, after all, a small community of like-minded guys and girls. Never had a problem that couldn't be worked out; at least until now.

I have tried to discuss this with the seller, a relatively new member of Apex....to no avail. He has my money and is not willing to discuss....just denials.

So, you can make your own decisions, but I would suggest you beware of Petawawa racer, know as Jeff DeJong in Ontario, Canada. He also has a PFM tub with front suspension for sale on this forum. This car was a stolen car, he claims to have release documents from the police giving him possession. You can make your own choice there, just remember what I have just experienced!

Sorry to have to report this.

Thanks, Tom
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Liked: 39

Tom, first off, if you read the ads that I have posted, You will see that I am very clear on the fact that the engine had sat outside for a period of time (unknown to me). I also made it very clear that I was not sure that the Motec was any good, and that the wiring harness had a few issues (some cut wires that should be repairable).

I had the parts listed at a reasonable price, and had a great amount of interest in them. You were on the fence about buying it, so I called and gave you first chance and buying which you did. I then found a friend that just happened to be going down to your area (6 hours not 14) and worked out shipping for you. This was a favor to you.

I am willing to work on this problem with you, as I stated before, that I will refund your money (all of it including deposit) once I recieve the engine and verify that nothing has been swapped out or removed. Your only attempt to resolve this was to return the engine to my friend (who I may not see for months, and doesn't know anything about these engines, or for me to lower the price of the package.

As for the car being stolen, I have no idea if that is the case, but I do have a letter from the RCMP releasing the car and engine (with serial number ID and pictures) to the gentleman that I bought the car from. If you would like to see that paperwork, I can provide that, like I told you before.

As for the threat you sent me, that will be going into the Police station tomorrow to be dealt with.

Thread Information