Liked: 0

Default 2012 Kawi ZX-10R

We are installing a new engine into the car, we have come down to wiring and electrical. We have a stock ECU that hasnt been flashed, as well as a stock bike harness. Both were recieved from Glenn Cooper. Moon was going to wire the car for us but unfortunately became unexpextedly busy. We were going to buy a Woolich racing kit to home flash the ecu and autotunr to get tge best out of the motor we can. However, he is based in austrailia and id changing offices at the moment. We just want the car to run and drive.. looking through the wiring diagram, i see a starter lockout switch, possibly an immobilizer system, the traction control stuff as well. How can we bypass all of this?

Zsch

Liked: 80

Don't think you'll get much in the way of easy answers for stuff like that here on the forum, as I think most of us simply do what you had planned on - send it to one of the engine builders and get back the finished product.

If Greg isn't available and was your first choice, I'd call George Dean and see if he can do it. He did the ZX-10 harness in my car, and has another of mine to do as well. Perhaps he could do both at the same time...

http://www.georgedeanracingengines.com/

-J

Liked: 8

Jake send me some pictures how that looks installed. Interested see you soon runoffs?
    Jason Bell
    STOHR 2013
    F1000
    f1000bwracing@highwaysystemsinc.com

Quote Originally Posted by JakeL View Post
    Don't think you'll get much in the way of easy answers for stuff like that here on the forum, as I think most of us simply do what you had planned on - send it to one of the engine builders and get back the finished product.

If Greg isn't available and was your first choice, I'd call George Dean and see if he can do it. He did the ZX-10 harness in my car, and has another of mine to do as well. Perhaps he could do both at the same time...

http://www.georgedeanracingengines.com/

-J
    He was our second choice when we made the decision in january. But moon is withing half an hour of us so that made more sense especially since he does the whole car not just the engine portion.. we dont have time anymore to send it out. It needs to be completely done within 2 weeks..

Zach

Liked: 8

Are you trying to Race Mid Ohio?
    Jason Bell
    STOHR 2013
    F1000
    f1000bwracing@highwaysystemsinc.com

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

George is the guy 100% for the zx-10r if moon is busy. He has probably spent well over 50 dyno hours learning how to make the kawi work on the dyno, and working with the drivers figuring out the unknowns upon install that always inevitably shows up in the cars. making it a proof of concept!

you simply cannot put a price on the above.

Don't even try and tune yourself with auto tune at the track or on a straight away. ask george why.
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Belling View Post
    George is the guy 100% for the zx-10r if moon is busy. He has probably spent well over 50 dyno hours learning how to make the kawi work on the dyno, and working with the drivers figuring out the unknowns upon install that always inevitably shows up in the cars. making it a proof of concept!

you simply cannot put a price on the above.

Don't even try and tune yourself with auto tune at the track or on a straight away. ask george why.
    It wouldnt be while driving, power is not that important to us. I autocross the car and plan on doing track days in the future. We just want to be close-ish tune wise so the engine doesnt blow up or bog down everywhere. That being sad, we also wanted to use the woolich system so we have the ability to home flash the ecu and do stuff we need to do with it like turn the limiting systems off. I will get in touch with george to try and squeeze some info out of him. Haha

Liked: 9

Did you get it running? How was it for autox? You are doing research for my wild idea.
    Mark
    1990 Van Diemen, the Racing Machine, CM AutoX, 2016 Frontier
    You can try to make a street car into an autocrosser or you can do a lot less work and make a race car into a great autocrosser

We did indeed get it running! However, a missing o-ring combined with too small of oil lines and a poor tank design brought the preppy engine to its death. The engine is great and has a lot of power. Doesn't seem peaky, and seems to have strong power across the board. The engine SHOULD be very reliable, but like I said, we had a couple issues. We also had issues with fuel pressure, after changed the lines and the regulator, issues went away. Two radiators in series with fans on both resulted in strong cooling during and between runs. The engine always started right away, even in the chilly mornings. Motor was bone stock with the exception of self tuning, race filter, and header.
    Since it blew, we need a new crank, rods, crank/rod bearings, and gaskets. Any suggestions on where to retrieve these parts? It will also be re-honed. Any suggestions on where to get it machined in the Milwaukee area? I know Moon is here but doesn't do his own machining.

Zach

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Devins View Post
    I didn't get any results with that sight, unfortunately.

Zach

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Yo

PM'd you on the crank and rods.
    Maybe not, can't seem to pm you off this site.
    E/m'd you.

GC

Thread Information