Liked: 47

Default Mosport Vee Challenge Cup Race Info

The second stop of the 2014 Formula Vee Challenge Cup is taking place at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park - also more commonly referred to as Mosport, July 26/27. This is a world famous and world class venue. It was the site of the Canadian Grand Prix for many years and is considered to be one of the most challenging race courses ever devised. The list of legendary drivers who have competed there is too long to even consider listing here.
    Things to know about this event:
    1.) There is a free Saturday evening cookout planned at F-1200 President Harry O’Neal’s home in Oshawa (about 20 min. from the track) and all U.S. drivers and “crew” are invited to attend.
    2). The F-1200 group is requesting two things: That all U.S. drivers would run their tire/wheel combo and old-style, pre-monster manifolds. Most people have the older manifolds laying around, so hopefully this won't be an impediment. Please contact me if you are planning on coming, but don’t have access to tires and I will try to help. If you really don’t want to/can’t run the Canadian tire set up that would be ok, but they would really prefer that we run their tires for this event.
    3.) All SCCA licenses will be accepted.
    4). On line Registration is at: http://casc.motorsportsreg.com
    The registrars name is Anne and her e-mail is: raceregistrar@casc.on.ca
    Also, there is a test day on Friday for anyone interested. More info can be found at the CTMP web site.
    5).We will be running with the F-1200 group and no other classes will be in our group. The schedule for Saturday is; practice, qualifying and an afternoon race. Sunday will have a short morning hardship session and then a morning race and an afternoon race.
    6.)You will need a passport to get into Canada. According to Vee drivers I have spoken with who have experience crossing the border with a car and trailer, there really isn’t much hassle anymore. Please keep in mind that this is all second-hand information though.
    7). Don’t forget that by running the Canadian tires any points scored are multiplied by 50%.

This is your chance in 2014 to experience the challenge of this legendary track, racing with a large field of Vees, no other groups and a big bump in your points. Make plans now to attend!
    Last edited by fvee62; 07.14.14 at 8:32 AM.

Liked: 18

The fact that the cookout is listed first is a good indication of the F1200 series priorities.
    Should be a fun weekend.
    Looking forward to racing with the US vees.

Liked: 47

I was there for a Can-Am in '69, but have never raced there. Really looking forward to this stop in the Challenge Cup schedule, as everyone I have spoken with who has run there says it is an awesome, challenging course (and looking forward to the cook out too!).

Liked: 126

Default Challange Cup

Thanks to the F1200 group this past weekend, great racing with you guys I had a blast seeing old friends and meeting new people you guys really do an outstanding job. Harry thank you for a great party saturday night for those of you who did not go to the party you really missed out on great food. I cannot believe the changes to the place the facility is very nice. Congrats to Steve Kwsanick (sorry spelling) for finishing third in the masters.

Liked: 23

August 9th and 10th is the next stop at Pocono. Come on out.

Liked: 15

Quote Originally Posted by rcarmody View Post
    Thanks to the F1200 group this past weekend, great racing with you guys I had a blast seeing old friends and meeting new people you guys really do an outstanding job. Harry thank you for a great party saturday night for those of you who did not go to the party you really missed out on great food. I cannot believe the changes to the place the facility is very nice. Congrats to Steve Kwsanick (sorry spelling) for finishing third in the masters.
    It was fun having new people to race with!
    Kapelke Tuned

RF93 Van Diemen FF1600

Contributing Member Chris Elwell's Avatar
    Liked: 58

Race results and updated points are below.

Mosport Race 1
    Pole: Kevin Kapelke, 1:42.639
    Results
    1) Phil Wang, Fastest Lap, 1:42.785
    2) Michael Iamundi
    3) Kevin Kapelke
    4) David Taylor
    5) Ray Carmody
    6) Matt Garwood
    7) Gregory Hovesen
    8 ) Noel Brigido
    9) Bill Mitchell