Contributing Member
    Liked: 17

Default 9 weeks to next race

Sunday afternoon June 29th. and it's 104 outside. Thank the founders at Pro Auto we don't race in the summer! I used to race circle track here and if you were behind schedule it was loading at 4, drive to the track unload at 6 struggle into the fire suite and practice at 7. Every week all summer
    The bad news is it's 9 weeks until our next race at Indy Motor sports Ranch. So I have a question...
    Does any one know which direction we will be running at Indy next race, CW like we did in May or CCW. I was fairly flummoxed by the track in May (here is where I insert "racer excuses #1, 5, 7, and 13), so I've been watching some video I found on the EFF site and online (thanks Tim H. and all for posting) and trying to learn the track but want to make sure I'm going in the right direction!!!
    Thanks J

Liked: 1112

We've never gone CCW as far as I know. The Corvette drivers like to bypass the dip down into the gully after the straight and sweeper, turning the run up and down the hill into a second straight - you'll see that on most of the videos. We generally lobby for the more interesting configuration which you'll see in my "Close Running" video. We've also messed with including/excluding the bus-stop chicane on the pit straight. No point in studying video on that but just pay attention when you get there and folks will be glad to tell you the difference.

ProAutoSports is running Track Addict sessions through the summer at WHP. You typically get in four sessions before 10:00 by starting early and a very tight schedule. I've never done it. I'm going to Canada in 4 weeks!
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Contributing Member

Tim, thanks for the tips on the track, I did see some old video from John Fitz (FST) where they were running backwards also the IMR website shows the possibility is why I asked.
    I wrote to Pro Auto about running the "track attack" but was told they would want 12 cars to run open wheeled sessions. With a lot of our guys going north I doubt that will happen. But I could use the seat time. I did notice that there will be a practice on Friday before Indy so I will be definitely be ready for that.
    How is the racing going in Canada? J

Liked: 0

Jeremy,

Have you found an EFF??

John Marek

Contributing Member

No John, no new car yet. I'm thinking I should just run this one until I get a little more up to speed. It handles well, is predictable and balanced. Also it's probably cheaper to run and repair if I were to make any newbe blunders.
    I did talk to Larry Pond about the Royal and my situation, he recomended I get right into a ford but we had a bad connection so didn't hear his reasoning. I did run the Zink FF at Wild Horse West but at my level I can't tell much of a difference. I guess I'm thinking that I'd like to feel more confident in my ability befor I make a commitment to a new car.
    Did you race at Mosport? J

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Soule View Post
    No John, no new car yet. I'm thinking I should just run this one until I get a little more up to speed. It handles well, is predictable and balanced. Also it's probably cheaper to run and repair if I were to make any newbe blunders.

When, not if.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

I had a thought about the videos. My "Close Running" is a good way to learn the way the track lays because the video is decent quality and we're going so slowly you get a lot of chance to see reference points. If you want to learn how to DRIVE the track you'd do better studying the older ones from Jens' helmet cam. They are a nice demonstration of why INDE is so great - you can see three very different styles all running at about the same pace (passing me as though I were standing still).

See you out there!
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

Contributing Member

Thanks Tim! I did see "close running" but where can I find video from Jen's helmet cam?

From any of the videos I posted on YouTube your should be able to access the rest of them by clicking on the "Tim H" link. I posted Jens' video for INDE 5/26/12 in two parts.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

Thread Information