Liked: 20

Default F2000 at Canadian Tire Mtsprt Park (Mosport)

Registration is open for the inaugural F2000 series event in Canada, June 21,22 at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.

If you have not been to this track in the last two years you will be pleasantly surprised at the now world class facility.

Move Motorsports, promoters of the Toyo Tires F1600 Series are resurrecting the class here in Canada with a modest schedule this year in anticipation of a full Championship in 2015.

There is an "A" Class for Zetec powered cars and a "B" Class for Pinto powered cars.

We would love to see some of the beautifully prepared US cars at the event.

Registration is online here:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...6#.U5cjZl619g0

For additional information please email jasons@movemotorsports.com or call 416-557-5451

Default US competitors

Great to hear that Tom Drake and Fred Bross will be making the drive up from Vermont for this weekend's event.

Anyone else interested can shoot us an email at jasons@movemotorsports.com and we will send you the details.

Canadian Tire Motorsport Park is a very fast and challenging track...perfect for F2000.

Liked: 43

Default Thanks for a great weekend!!

Thanks Jason and crew for a great 1st F2000 weekend!

Despite spending most of the weekend running on my own, well behind the Zetec cars, it was a lot of fun.

I hope to see more cars out in September. Especially Pinto powered "B" class cars!
    1972 Mallock MK12 F3 (ex-Ray Mallock / Alf Zeller)

https://www.facebook.com/ZellerRacing

Default Social Media

We have set up a new Facebook page and Twitter account for the F2000 Canada Series...please follow along as we make announcements and grow the sport "north of the border"

www.facebook.com/F2000Canada

@F2000Canada

Vancouver at heart but Adelaide is where you'll find me
    Liked: 15

Hey Guys, Hope you all have a great race !
    just something to keep in mind if you hear of a fellow racer thinking of selling a Van Diemen RF88 or preferably RF89 FF. I want one so keep me in mind

Liked: 3

Default Mosport Report, Canadian F2000 Series Inaugural

My wife Elizabeth, my crew chief Rob Mclaren, and I (Tom Drake)
    made the trek from Vermont to Mosport this past weekend for the new Canadian F2000 Series opening event. We had an exceptionally good time. The weather was perfect and both the Event and Series organizers and staff were very welcoming and helpful. I opted to enter the car in both the F2000 class as well as in the Formula Libre group (A regional catch all class for Formula cars and Sports Racers). Over the course of the weekend I ran over 130 laps on the 2.46 mile track (That’s 320 track miles!) and took 6 Race starts.
    For those of you who haven’t been to Mosport (now officially named “Canadian Tire Motorsport Park”), it is one of the premier tracks in North America. Located in bucolic surroundings it offers stunning elevation changes and provides a great mix of technical and high speed corners with a fantastic rhythm. Recent improvements to the track pavement, improved runoff areas, increased paved paddock space, and a new access tunnel make it a world class venue. The promoter of this new series, Jason Sharp of Move Motorsports Management, has been running a very successful 1600 Series for several years and is now expanding into F2000. They had a comfortable hospitality area set up and provided a great lunch both days. The sanctioning body was CASC Ontario and the event was well staffed and formula car friendly. (Umbrellas furnished with a smile for all open cars on the grid!)
    Traveling with a motorhome and single car enclosed trailer presented no issues at the Cornwall, Ontario border crossing. Both the Canadian and US officials that we encountered were polite and professional and asked only the usual border questions.
    The results:
    Race 1: Thomas McGregor 1st, Thomas Drake, 2nd, Sergio Pasian 3rd.
    Race 2: Thomas McGregor 1st, Thomas Drake, 2nd, Alexander Zeller 3rd.
    Race 3: Thomas Drake 1st, Thomas McGregor, 2nd, Alexander Zeller 3rd.
    I’d like to offer a big Thank You to Jason and all of the others who put on this great weekend – We’ll be Back!

Tom Drake and the Alley Cat Racing Team, Colchester, Vermont

Thread Information