in a spider hole with an RPG. (Actually Sparta, TN)
    Liked: 0

Default 1991 Citation 90V for sale

1991 Citation Formula Vee 90V. Extremely well put together car. Raced SEDIV/SARRC since 2000 and runs in the lead pack. If you are capable of driving it, this car will put you up front. Lots of wins and podiums. If you want a reference, ask Shannon Jones, Fred Clark, or Russ Stalvey (vee drivers in SEDIV). They have run wheel to wheel with this car for many years and can attest to it's quality.

I have over 60 photos taken last week on my website. Two weekends on a frame up rebuild. Butler/Cricket Farms motor (two weekends on rebuild), new Hoosiers (one session), LRE Boxes, all the good stuff. I have a full list of all the attributes of the car as well as a full list of all the spares/new tires/brand new HANS device/parts, etc. on my website. http://bulletbugz.com/Race_car_for_sale_.php $8200 OBO for the car, full package or bits and pieces of the spares negotiable. Contact: shooter31@aol.com or use the contact tab on my website. Car located in Tennessee.

Liked: 11

This car looks great.

Default car

It's a great car....looks AND running gear. And not too far from indy!

Max driver height?

Default hard to say

hard to say....every car fits a driver differently. With a citation, they will accommodate a bigger/taller driver than in most cars. if you're tall or over 200 lbs...it's one of the best choices you have. i know of one national guy that used to run a citation (may still) and he was over 6 ft...but i don't know how far over 6 ft. I'm 6 ft and 240 lbs and i fit fine. if an alteration were needed due to height, capping the hoop (addition of another piece of bar welded to the existing one) is an easy fix.

citation has the reputation of a competitive car for bigger drivers. some of the other chassis you just can't fit in if you're over 5-10 or so...they're just too tight. it's best to sit in one and be sure. another thing that citation has that many do not is side protection. you can take a real hit from the side in a citation, and stand a good chance of walking away. with a lot of other makes, side protection for the driver is....dicey at best. some are good, some are bad, but in my opinion, citation is the best for side protection. it's one of the reasons i bought it.

Liked: 247

I'm 6'2" and fit just fine in my Citation

Default well....we know something more

to answer the max driver height......i'm still not sure. but we DO know it's more than 6 ft 2 inches!

I am 6'3" with a thin build. Good to know it has side impact, you never know.

Default If you're interested

If you're interested, we're about 5 1/4 hrs. from indy according to google. I'll be glad to let you sit in it and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Rossman View Post
    I am 6'3" with a thin build. Good to know it has side impact, you never know.
    There are 11 cars signed up for the nelson ledges race next weekend and my dad and I will have our citations there. You could come see what FV is all about and sit in one of our cars. The other option is the mid ohio pro weekend which is July 4th-6th, there are at least 4 citations signed up that weekend and 27 cars total

I have that week off so Mid Ohio is an option. Thanks for the heads up I did not know about that race. Will you be there as well?

Quote Originally Posted by G.Rossman View Post
    I have that week off so Mid Ohio is an option. Thanks for the heads up I did not know about that race. Will you be there as well?
    Yeah my dad and I will be there as well, sitting in one of our cars would give you a good idea as to what car you would want. The pro f1600 series and pro f2000 series will be there as well so there would be a lot of great racing to watch. If you plan on coming we could get you on someones crew list so you get in free

Default good idea

That's the BEST way to see how a car will fit you. Find that make of car and sit in it. B Farnham's car is a Citation already set up for a driver of similar height to you. (Citation pedal assembly is adjustable for different leg lengths/height). I can think of no better way to find out if it's something workable for your height and body type.

You will also get an idea of other important factors....one of the biggest being side protection. A Citation is a TANK compared to a some of other types of vees. LOTS of tubing on the sides, which protect the driver in an impact. When I bought my Citation years ago....I was looking specifically for a Citation. I wanna go fast, but I wanna walk away if it goes bad. Citation is a good step in that direction. It is a solid car. Sitting in one will tell you everything you need to know.

By the way.....borrow a set of driving shoes. You'll never fit properly in street shoes. Sock feet is closer to the reality of driving shoes than are street shoes. You can't move properly in street shoes......especially in size 13's like me.
    Last edited by fv31; 06.15.14 at 2:41 PM. Reason: Forgot something.

Thread Information