Liked: 9

Default Does Anybody Know This FF??

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with my search for more history/data on my "new" FF or can pass this on to others who might be able to help.

We have learned, so far, that the car started life as a Crossle 30F and was sold new in, we believe, 1976 to Nigel Gough by Cherokee Industries in Ontario, Canada. Nigel raced the car for a number of years in the Bulova Series and then sold it to Brian Bound, through Cherokee, who raced it for another couple of years. During Brian's ownership, the car was rebuilt using frame and bodywork for a 32F. The car then passed on to Reagan Riley, who also had an incident requiring a rebuild and the car was recomissioned with a new frame and bodywork for a 35F.

The car then went from Reagan Riley to an unknown owner in Quebec, where it was purchased by Ian MacPherson and I bought it from him. As far as I know, the car was never on track again after Reagan Riley's ownership.

Somewhere in the change of hands and recommissioning of the car the chassis plate for the car and it's log books went walk about. We are hoping to contact one of the past owners in the hopes that they might be able to give us more history and perhaps they've saved something with the original Crossle ID info on it.

We have found a CASC plate riveted to the frame behind the drivers seat with a number on it, so we know the car was registered in Ontario and the early number seems to verify the dates we have thus far. We have contacted CASC multiple times, but it seems the CASC folks have moved their offices recently and all the old information...like this number, is in boxes and they don't seem to have the manpower/time to go through them looking for some old registration card, which may or may not be there.

The car, as last campaigned by Reagan Riley, was a royal blue colour, with white hand painted numbers, 77, and R. Riley on the cockpit sides with Craig Motors, also hand painted in white on the body.

If any of these names, dates, description ring a bell for anyone...or if you know any of the original owners and how to contact them, we'd be most appreciative.

Thanks so much
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5f4e989a-d4d8-4e85-8ec3-9e075f9350b2.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	60696   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	426bada9-4016-4926-99b1-c1bb943884f6.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	187.6 KB 
ID:	60697   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40f8ef55-6467-4e8f-ad54-31bb13edc3f3.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	208.3 KB 
ID:	60698  

Liked: 123

Nice picture of my wife's car (the white Mercedes), in front of my shop, taken in around May last year judging by the lack of leaves and the colour of the grass. I sent you an email through the board, but you have denied private messages in your profile.

Brian

Liked: 7

I have also sent you an email

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 942

Hello Storm,

Do you have the name of the company that sold the car new? Then get the ID# on the top of Hewland bearing carrier gearbox. You may be able to match the gearbox # and get a replacement chassis tag from Crossle through their distributor in Canada.

Regards,
    Dan
    Last edited by DanW; 04.24.16 at 11:36 PM.
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 9

Default Thanks Everyone

Wow! What a great group!

I didn't have much hope, but have found the missing link in the ownership chain and learned a lot more about the car...looking forward to learning more.

Thank you everyone.

Dan, there is a number stamped into the casing, but it seems not to jell with those used in the period. The car was originally sold by Cherokee in Ontario...I believe...and they are no longer in existence. I don't know who the Crossle rep is now in Canada, but Neil Porter is their rep here in the US and he's been very helpful. Thanks for the advice.

Storm

Liked: 8

Default Crossle

I believe the nose is a 40F.

Thread Information