Liked: 43

Default 1999 Novak/Van diemen conversion

For Sale,

1999 Van diemen Novak conversion. This car was last raced at the 2012 Runoffs and finished 4th. It was the fastest Formula 1000 thru the speed trap. This car also had a frame up rebuild including a new bonded floor at the beginning of the 5 race 2012 season. Since the last race, a new diffuser was specifically designed per the F1000 rules and installed on the car. This car has gone thru an extensive program to reduce weight and is most likely the lightest weighing Novak conversion built. Penske triple shocks. Pi II dash with GPS beacon. 3 sets of 6" and 8" 12 spoke OZ wheels. This package is ready for the season.

Price with spares $33,900.

Included spares:
    2007 Suzuki GSXR engine kit, 3300 mile from bike, with front wet-sump race oil pan and manual cam chain tensioner.
    2001 Mustache nose and wing assy.
    Right side upper wing flap.
    KFP brake pads (new) 2 axle set, orange #2005 compound.
    KFP brake pads (1 weekend) 2 axle set, #2003 compound.
    1 half shaft.
    Spare wheels mounted with one set R25 compound 1 session, one set of Hoosier rains, Fronts are new stickers and rears have one session. Wheels mounted on the car are R35
    compound with one session.
    Tri Y Exhaust Collector, tail pipe, and muffler assy.
    2 radiators (used).
    1 C&R custom designed oil cooler.
    1998 shock and nose cover.
    2" ID x 5" springs, 750lb, 700lb, 650lb, 600lb, 500lb, 450lb, and 400lb.
    1 head gasket.
    1 clutch cover gasket.
    Suspension, 2- front lower left A-Arms, 1-Front lower right, 2-Front upper Either side A-Arms, 1-rear upper Either side A-Arm, 1 Rear suspension push rod.
    1 pair front wing end plates (short cord length).
    2 front anti-roll T Bars (1-1", 1-.750").
    1 VD rear wing mounting plate assembly (plates and bolts) and 1 pair of replacement plates.
    Previous owners Bead seat.
    Pi II Data software, Transfer Cable and Serial Cable Adaptor.
    Rear sprockets, 45 tooth, 44 tooth, 43 tooth, (all new)
    Front sprockets, 14, 15, 16, and 17 tooth.
    2- spare chains good for another weekend each.

Send me a PM or call after 5PM EST (906) 250-4427.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 896

This car is one of the best conversions and I know it can win races. a great deal too.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 8

Sell this car yet ?
    Jason Bell
    STOHR 2013
    F1000
    f1000bwracing@highwaysystemsinc.com

No, I still have it.

Liked: 23

Sorry to hear the car's for sale.

Did Mike Devins do the side pods?

[QUOTE=
    Did Mike Devins do the side pods?[/QUOTE]

No I have done all my own composite work. These are the stock VD side pods that I modified to work and cool properly. Water and oil temps have never been an issue with this car.

I could deliver to the Junesprints.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 109

Default Well.....

I bought this car but and just ran it last weekend but in the process of acquiring another car so I am over stuffed. Currently three.... soon to be four racecars in a two car garage is getting a bit cozy.

Full Disclosure: Car photographs better than it looks in person. Lots of time spent tuning and checking over, hardware replacement, and tune up for a successful weekend (started dead last and finished 3rd overall with 10(?) cars. Personal best after being in the car for just a couple laps. PI Dash is less than desirable (Opinion). I cant take credit for the build. Dan Robinson built a solid car. Clean solid and straight chassis. Awesome diffuser and rear wing mount (Carbon). Takes to adjustments well and holds them. Body is rough and not to my standard.

Runs true, straight, solid, and neutral. The Novak conversion is spot on and much easier to work on than other FB for sprocket changes. Very nice craftsmanship. Excellent Taylor Diff. The great part of these cars is off the shelf parts available virtually anywhere!

Asking price is lower than asking price above. No hurry to sell and dont NEED to sell. If it doesnt sell I will work on upgrades, tuning, and more updates for 2020 in FA.

Picture is post race at impound at 1011# with the ultra heavy nose. Beat multiple FA's. SCCA regional.

Last edited by cjahn; 09.10.19 at 7:27 PM.

9. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information