Liked: 1

Default Lola T440 part - rear shifter linkage rod

Dear Friends:

Our Lola T440 is progressing well but we realize that we are missing the rear shifter linkage rod. I only have the front end which is attached to the gear lever.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Gregor

Liked: 123

While my T440 is probably for sale, the shifter linkage isn't - it comes with the car...

The rear part of the linkage is a universal joint that attaches to the front section just in front of the mid bulkhead, a 5/8" diameter heavy wall tube that runs back, with a cunning curve to clear the trans bellhousing and the brake disc, to a second universal joint just to the rear of the stub axle. That goes to a 3/4" 16gauge tube that is a slip fit over the 5/8" diameter shift fork, and a standard Lola clamp to snug the tube up to the shift fork. I would make it using stainless steel so I didn't need to plate it, I would use Apex joints in 3/4" for both joints and sleeve them down to fit the 5/8" tube for the long piece.

Brian

Liked: 1

Thanks Brian - this is very helpful.

Thread Information