Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 444

Alan, did you post anything on his forum? Just sayin...http://www.mazdatalkforum.com.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 471

Quote Originally Posted by Matt King View Post
    Both versions of the page include this note:

SHIP NOTE: Made to order, allow 10 days to make and ship.
    They do now....

But a helpful guy on another forum took a screenshot of the pages from Google's cache from before the sale to me... ...when they didn't say anything like that.

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BURKY View Post
    Alan, did you post anything on his forum? Just sayin...http://www.mazdatalkforum.com.
    I did.

It was taken down in minutes unfortunately.

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    ah ha! so a small piece of the vendor side of the story comes out.. all I see the vendor guilty of is capitalizing MADE TO ORDER so that future customers might find the same information easier.

oh, and they lowered the price by $100. what a crime
    Sorry, but all that shows is that he changed the page after the fact:

Here's another poster on another forum who did what I should have done (took a screenshot of the page):

I'm not saying either of these guys were right, but it really didn't say anything about being custom made to order (or estimated wait times) when alangbaker ordered.

Liked: 8

Default Really?

Krikey, guys! Isn't this the race season?

Alan I am sorry to hear that these guys did not meet your expectations. I get a sense that the supplier is over his head with work, pressures of other sorts, whatever. Take your money back, be GLAD he is refunding your money and move on.

For the guys who seem to be blaming Alan for trusting the guy, I think you are just poking a guy when he is down.

Agree with him or not, time to move on.

BTW I own three businesses. I have found I make 80% of my business from 20% of my customers. I also get 80% of my aggravation from 20%.....I work hard to cull the whiners from my businesses. But I take SERIOUSLY every customer complaint. I apologize, ask how I can fix the problem, and move on. I recognize that I cannot satisfy somebody who refuses to be happy; sometimes the cat is already out of the bag. That does not change my approach. I try hard, cut my losses, and move on.

I hope EVERYBODY has a great weekend!
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brownslane View Post
    Krikey, guys! Isn't this the race season?

Alan I am sorry to hear that these guys did not meet your expectations. I get a sense that the supplier is over his head with work, pressures of other sorts, whatever. Take your money back, be GLAD he is refunding your money and move on.

For the guys who seem to be blaming Alan for trusting the guy, I think you are just poking a guy when he is down.

Agree with him or not, time to move on.

BTW I own three businesses. I have found I make 80% of my business from 20% of my customers. I also get 80% of my aggravation from 20%.....I work hard to cull the whiners from my businesses. But I take SERIOUSLY every customer complaint. I apologize, ask how I can fix the problem, and move on. I recognize that I cannot satisfy somebody who refuses to be happy; sometimes the cat is already out of the bag. That does not change my approach. I try hard, cut my losses, and move on.

I hope EVERYBODY has a great weekend!
    Wise words, Tom, and I'm already moving on.

I took a drive down to Seattle today and I found a couple of Tesla Roadster seats (essentially Lotus Elise seats) that are going to be great in my Miata...

And tomorrow, I'll test fit them and then start working on the couple-six projects I've left to long on the Van Diemen, so that I can get in on track on May 23rd.

Liked: 0

Clearly Goodwin could work on their communication and customer service.

But it's equally clear that we only have part of the story (snippets of email, you were clearly in communication before the order, etc), so it's hard to get too upset about your story as you tell it.

Finally, it sounds like you won't ever deal with Good-Win-Racing again because they already fired you as a customer.

Liked: 0

Wowzers. OK, that's probably going to make me think that Goodwin is more in the right and Alan is probably a bit of a difficult customer.

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by poundsand View Post
    Wowzers. OK, that's probably going to make me think that Goodwin is more in the right and Alan is probably a bit of a difficult customer.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.

Brian Goodwin re-opened a conversation and when he didn't like my reply which merely asked for a little consideration given that instead of shipping when he charged my credit card (as his product page implied) he was shipping nearly three weeks later. For asking, he cancelled an order placed in good faith.

When you boil it down:

We had a little back and forth about the shipping.

I dropped it and was waiting for it to ship.

Brian reopened the conversation.

Then apparently didn't like the reply he read and cancelled my order.

If you think that that's appropriate behaviour for a business... ...you go right on thinking that.

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by poundsand View Post
    Clearly Goodwin could work on their communication and customer service.

But it's equally clear that we only have part of the story (snippets of email, you were clearly in communication before the order, etc), so it's hard to get too upset about your story as you tell it.

Finally, it sounds like you won't ever deal with Good-Win-Racing again because they already fired you as a customer.
    Sorry, but you have the entire story that matters.

Were we in conversation before the order? Yes. To the extent of a couple of emails about whether the clutch was the right choice for my application.

And as of when I posted my comments, Good-Win-Racing hadn't "fired" me. They'd just cancelled one order placed in good forth and already paid for.

Contributing Member

Why?

What do you think I should have done: just let him get away with screwing over a customer?

Because from what I read in PMs from other folks on those sites, that's what a fair number of people have done.

If he didn't want his actions made public, perhaps he should have behaved better toward a paying customer.

Classifieds Super License racerdad2's Avatar
    Liked: 202

On a happier note.... I had big fun in a Miata at BHF this past weekend. These cars are a hoot to drive ! My clutch did develop some major chatter when hot. I hope you get yours together just the way you want it. Please keep us posted on the progress !
    "An analog man living in a digital world"

Liked: 111

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    The default status should be in stock ready to ship. It is unethical to offer items/services for sale that you can not promptly deliver without first disclosing such. While I might lose in the short run for assuming so, the business will lose out in the long run.
    Agreed completely. I am in business but of a totally different form. I find the management by the seller completely unacceptable. I get harassed if I can't do things within hours.

If it listed, it is in stock unless listed otherwise. When I order, I expect a shipment confirmation within hours unless I am told to expect otherwise prior to ordering.

JL

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by iamuwere View Post
    Agreed completely. I am in business but of a totally different form. I find the management by the seller completely unacceptable. I get harassed if I can't do things within hours.

If it listed, it is in stock unless listed otherwise. When I order, I expect a shipment confirmation within hours unless I am told to expect otherwise prior to ordering.

JL
    Thanks, JL.

That was pretty much my opinion as well.

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by racerdad2 View Post
    On a happier note.... I had big fun in a Miata at BHF this past weekend. These cars are a hoot to drive ! My clutch did develop some major chatter when hot. I hope you get yours together just the way you want it. Please keep us posted on the progress !
    Thanks... ...I will.

Liked: 87

Default Isn't this in the wrong section.....

Why is this topic in the classifieds...I see nothing for sale...I thought there was a section for this type of stuff...

Banned
    Liked: 1116

The section is "Retail Business Feedback"...appropriately a sub-heading of the classifieds.

Liked: 87

Oh, I see now ...I am clicking over to the portion that really matters to me...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information