Contributing Member
    Liked: 10

Default What is a test day?

2014 VIR Majors Race the F500 ran the test day in the first grouping along with all wings and things and formula everything. Really scary closing speeds with the big formula cars but, in my opinion, dangerous with the DSRs and CSRs. You can look in your mirror and not see anyone in sight and turn in for a corner only to have two or three sports-racers wiz pass just before the apex!

Today was a test day - but I saw more carnage (crashed cars with two or more cars involved) during the testing then I saw in the three races I did last year. Just what is a test day anyway?

Liked: 3787

Multi-class racing at its finest.

Liked: 0

Default Bracket Racing?

I watched an Atlantic run over a F500 in turn 11 at Sears Point. The FA driver climbed out of his car and was afraid that he had killed the driver of the F500 pinned under the FA. The driver was fine, but I bet he never saw the FA coming.
    When I raced MX they would have us on track by skill level during open practice, which translates into lap time. It is not a nice feeling to have a Pro throw a whip over your head in a triple that you chose to double-single.
    It seems to me with transponders, it would be pretty simple to have bracket times and if you break-out, move to the other time. You might still have F500’s with full bodied Camaros, but at least the closing speeds would be better.

Liked: 5

None of the full bodied classes and SRF's can see a F500 because they are below their sight line when the F500's are behind AND beside them. Whoever was in charge of the test day made a BIG mistake. It is worth an inquiry right then and there to talk with the officials (whoever they are) and state the safety hazards. IF you can voice your concern ahead of time, this is even better. If no one complains then they will keep making the same mistake.

HTH,
    Jim

Thread Information