Senior Member Diamond Level Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 93

Default Hoosier Tire Codes

Does anyone know how to de-code the Hoosier FV tire build codes? Currently the front tires are both 3F6Y. One rear is 6A1P and the other rear is F8Y1
    Scott

Liked: 9

Default Hoosier codes

I had the same question and sent Hoosier an email and they told me the manufacture date based on my codes. Would be nice if they published a code reference guide.

Liked: 5

If they published a date de-coder then everyone would want all there tires to match, and cause more problems for Hooshire and there dealers. So best not to say anything. I am not saying I agree with this , but It is the most logical reason they don't have one. I know if they had somthing like that and I got 4 different codes for my tires I would be upset , but if they don't do anything , we go along just being Happy we have new tires. LOL

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 432

Regular tire decoding is done by this sequence of numbers. This tire was made in the 51st week of 2007.

Graham.

Senior Member Diamond Level Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 93

Graham,

Hoosier race tires, unfortunately, do not use DOT style numbering.
    Scott

Liked: 65

Hoosier only uses the DOT (week/year) code on the DOT tires. The code on the slicks can only be determined by the data at Hoosier. Don't worry about it. As long as they look decent, relatively similar, don't appear to have the oils leached out to the surface you are pretty much good to go.

I would be more concerned with the chalk marks matching on the tires from side to side. Try for the same or within 1/4". The chalk mark is not the actual roll out but indicates what your roll out and possible stagger will be at race pressure.

Thread Information