Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Non-Restricted Regional at Mid-Ohio!

It looks like the Cincinnati Region will be having a non-restricted regional at Mid-Ohio on August 8-10th this year. Let's see if we can fill out the formula car fields so we can keep it on the schedule. Their justification in the past for making it restricted was the low turn-out of formula cars. It's nice to have a few races throughout the summer there versus only two in the fall. Please put it on your schedule now! Thanks

Joe

Liked: 190

F1000 and FST are holding series events at this M-O weekend. That should help populate the open wheel side of the event
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 2

Default GLC Series

Maybe the GLC Series could put it on their schedule ??

Lee

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Default roll call

Last year Rex Gunning convinced the Cincinnati Region to give us open wheelers a one day race for certain classes. (with the help of Barney Powers)

Turnout was decent.

We really need to knock their socks off this year.

I'm in.

Liked: 313

I have been watching with anticipation what the schedules would look like this year with the combining of Regional and National racing.

CenDiv's schedule uses nomenclature that I would expect, two columns, one called "Majors" and one called "Divisional/Regional". GLDiv uses the names "Majors/Nationals" and "Regionals". My understanding was that in 2014 we had two types of races, "Majors" and others, which I would simply call "Divisionals", but nothing per see that is a "Regional".

Having said that, how does the new system deal with restricted races? I thought all races count towards the Runoffs and that restricting entry types would be contrary to that premise. At least as far as National classes went.

Any race chair want to speak up? I am curious if Topeka is encouraging, discouraging or neutral on having "Divisionals" that are defacto "Nationals" by being restricted to National classes only. And then there is the subject of this post which is "Divisionals" which may not be open to all the National classes.

Liked: 348

From a GCR perspective there are only two types of races: Majors and Regionals. The complication arises from the freedom each Division has in crafting its own Division Runoffs qualifying program separate from the Majors program, but possibly including individual Majors events.

A Division may elect to include all races, Majors and Regionals, within the division. Majors may be excluded. Some or all Regionals may be used. Out of Division races may or may not be included. It's also possible to have restricted events. It's up to each Division to design their own program.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Harmison View Post
    I have been watching with anticipation what the schedules would look like this year with the combining of Regional and National racing.

CenDiv's schedule uses nomenclature that I would expect, two columns, one called "Majors" and one called "Divisional/Regional". GLDiv uses the names "Majors/Nationals" and "Regionals". My understanding was that in 2014 we had two types of races, "Majors" and others, which I would simply call "Divisionals", but nothing per see that is a "Regional".

Having said that, how does the new system deal with restricted races? I thought all races count towards the Runoffs and that restricting entry types would be contrary to that premise. At least as far as National classes went.

Any race chair want to speak up? I am curious if Topeka is encouraging, discouraging or neutral on having "Divisionals" that are defacto "Nationals" by being restricted to National classes only. And then there is the subject of this post which is "Divisionals" which may not be open to all the National classes.
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Liked: 313

Ok, so I go to the aforementioned GLDiv schedule and I see three double Majors and five double Regionals and one quad Regional. None of the footnotes indicate which count for what, except that all the Regionals count for the champ series, i.e. the Regional Champ Series.

Likewise, none of the events on the CenDiv schedule indicate which, if any, count towards Runoffs qualification.

Hence my assumption that ALL races counted.

So to plan your racing schedule for the year you choose to go to which events to qualify for the Runoffs? Just wait for the Supps to come out for each event?

Fortunately, this is all academic for me. I'll be racing with our DUFFUS group. Laguna where?

Liked: 302

Dave,

GLD explained here; http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...Plan%20(1).pdf

CD here: http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...visionPlan.pdf

Both have "regional" championship races that count towards the runoffs.

Liked: 39

I think the 2014 GLDiv regional schedule is the best I've seen in a while, kudos to the scheduling folks. But I'm a bit confused by the 8-10 August weekend at M-O so maybe someone from Cincinnati Region can help me:

The GLDiv schedule calls it a Double Regional with no mention of restrictions. It also mentions a PDX on 8 Aug and a Club Trial on 9 Aug. Does the Club Trial coexist with the Regional races on 9 Aug or is this a one-day Regional on 10 Aug only?

Elsewhere on the GLDiv website that weekend is described as the "IT Spectacular Restricted Double Regional" which in the past has been a VERY restricted weekend to which we have occasionally been invited.

Does anyone know what the plans are for that event?

Thanks,
    Chuck Smith
    Indianapolis, IN
    Tiga CFF

Liked: 27

Default Looking forward with our FST

We have a couple of us out here in the Midwest that would like to make the tow back for this event with FST's. Hope the confusion gets cleared up about this so we can make plans.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

In the past the club trial was a single session or two held on Saturday. It took up veery little time. YMMV

Liked: 10

The e-mail I received from Todd/Motorsportreg at the Cincy region for the Aug 8-10 Mid-Ohio I.T. Sectacular dates says all classes invited. Because the e-mail also explained the schedule for Saturday and Sunday, one has to assume that it's a double regional for everyone. This is good news for us formula and sports racer guys since we were not invited at all in years past until we raise a bit of a stink last year and were invited for 1 day. With that in mind, let's show them that we can raise a decent field of cars so we can continue to be invited to this event for both days!

Liked: 25

Below is what the Cincy Region put in their news letter about the event;

http://cincyscca.com/wp-content/uplo...4/cinmar14.pdf

"The Race Committee has been firming up a lot of the details surrounding our August 8-10, 2014 events at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Draft Supps have been reviewed and are planned to be sent off for approval and sanctioning for an anticipated opening of registration on May. Friday, August 8, will be the full day Performance Driving Experience (PDX). Almost any toy or daily driver can be used. You will be paired with an instructor who will work with you throughout the day to improve your car handling skills. As always, Bill Niemeyer would like to hear from any potential instructors that would be willing to give back to the sport we all love. Saturday and Sunday are the days for our Club Racers and volunteers to participate in the 2014 IT/SPEC*tacular Plus. The "plus" has been added to recognize the opening of our event to all SCCA National/Divisional classes. It also recognizes the inclusion of two series within our event. The US F1000 Championship and the Formula First (FST) Championship Series will be running with our event. These will be the season ending races for both series, so we expect some great racing. The Cincinnati Region has at least three members that we expect will be competing in the FST Series. Saturday’s activities will also include a Club Trial event for those wanting to apply the skills developed in the PDX and run against the clock."
    Sam
    Acer-MK2 FST #56
    Acer-J FST #47
    Hawke DL8 FSV

Thread Information