Hey Steve,
    You're building a one off car?
    Post a pic?
    Glad to see you are still at it.

Chris

Liked: 157

Default Need to talk to you!

Chris,

good to hear from you! Nice photos of your work on your website, but no racecars? I need to make A arms as spares. We should talk if you have time to work on race car stuff. I have the steel and a rudimentary jig, just no time. I will send you a text or call you later today or tomorrow.

best picture of the car with its old bodywork is here http://f1600series.com/photos/catego...ir-race-1.html look for white #36

Here is a video from last weekend when we worked to put together another version of the rear bodywork to try to get the cooling system to work. Hope to try it at Limerock on Tuesday if the car is done on time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBJvSN9ZdsY

Tom discovered that his phone could do the timelapse and just set it up on a shelf. Everyone should use this app and post their sessions!

Cheers

Steve

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Bob M,
    Thank you for the write up. As the owner of a similar car (RF92) with a Kent, I really enjoyed this from your perspective. A couple of us out here are considering some of the West Coast Pro 1600 events for next year. We believe we can race each other and also learn a lot while getting spanked by the pros. Again, thanks for the insight.
    Marshall

Liked: 61

Default Pro Series comments

Thanks to everyone who has enjoyed my dialog about jumping into the Series.

Dennis, we share a common friend in Reid. I realize from your work and kind words why he speaks so highly of you. You even made my car look fast!

Steve. Yes, this car passed through your hands (and I believe has your scars to prove it!). You've answered a few stupid questions for me over the last year. We were paddocked next to you at RA but your laser like focus kept me from chatting. Two cars and a man on a mission is sometimes left to his own thoughts. However, I did wave you by about 37 times over the course of the weekend. Perhaps next time I bring a Canadian beer or two and you'll share some of that fine BBQ you made all weekend for your crew?

On a serious note, Steve, I wanted to thank you for having the guts to post your video for all to review. If one watches carefully, there is a lot of learning that can been seen. I can feel each charge you make when you fear losing the draft. Very inspiring. I fully intend, in my Kent, to be sniffing your tail pipe before the end of the season.

Thanks to all for voting to see it from my 'Club' perspective. Really, come out and try it. You will leave a richer person.

Bob

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

Default Bring a friend or two!

The Series operation and tracktime is outstanding.
    If there is a problem, it is that it's mostly one giant front pack. The mid-pack (where many good club-racers should fit into) is non-existent at some of the tracks. If you can bring a buddy or two with you to these races, it will improve your enjoyment level while taking advantage of all the great tracktime.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Default Another Video

Here is Jack Mitchell's video I just came across from the same race I posted earlier.

Jack qualified poorly as he was drafting with his teamates & when it was his turn for his flying lap the black flags came out shutting down the session. He made this impressive run from well back in the field. Check out his start in particular.

Nice drive Jack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIPigLp_AU8
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 1112

I watched Jack's dice with Thomas McGregor in Montreal last year and came away very impressed.

I wonder if The Series needs a back pack?
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 896

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
    Here is Jack Mitchell's video I just came across from the same race I posted earlier.

Jack qualified poorly as he was drafting with his teamates & when it was his turn for his flying lap the black flags came out shutting down the session. He made this impressive run from well back in the field. Check out his start in particular.

Nice drive Jack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIPigLp_AU8
    excellent race.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Funny as I just watched the video & he past me 4 times in that race & everyone else only once...how is that fair?
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 157

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
    Funny as I just watched the video & he past me 4 times in that race & everyone else only once...how is that fair?
    Hey Steve, he also passed that yellow Mygale 4 times as well.

Liked: 1

Default Loved Steve's video!

If you haven't watched Steve's on-board video from Race 2 at Road Atlanta yet, do yourself a favor and watch it. I watched it from my hotel room last night after a long day at my client's office and felt pretty good after having 20-odd minutes of therapy. Many thanks to Steve for posting that video on YouTube!

In fact, I liked it enough that I wrote about it in my latest blog, "Doing Battle", which can be found at www.endlesscurves.net.

RK Siler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information