Liked: 0

Default My Introduction..

Hello Everyone.

I wanted to introduce myself to the “Vee” Apexspeed community and say that i’m very pleased that there is such a place to meet and discuss the sport. Apexspeed seems to be the best source for dialog, Q&A and experiences i’ve found thus far. I’m new to the formula scene (open wheeled racing) however not new to car racing in general as i have been active solo II, lemons and track days from time to time. I am however very new to the vee scene and only ask that some of you can help me in my endeavor with the sport. I currently have plans on gaining my comp license later this year and in the meantime, getting my vee race worthy (Yes, I’ve made the plunge and bought one. Ohh God!). I’ve been reading within this forum and elsewhere that there may be a lack of interest with formula vee class, however I can say that there is definitely no dis-interest here as i’m very excited to “kick the tires and light the fires”!

Hope to see some you out at the track!

Kevin
    San Francisco Bay Area
    bayareaspecialk@gmail.com

Liked: 115

Welcome to the madness.....

Liked: 33

Default Welcome!

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the class! For as much "discussion" that takes place here on Apexspeed about the class, you won't find a better group of people. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want!

I'm assuming that your location from your user profile being the SF bay area that you plan on running with San Fran region. Unfortunately the driver's school was in February; where were you planning on attending driver's school?

On a separate note, if you want to see a great Vee race you should try making it to the Majors event at Thunderhill Raceway this up-coming weekend (April 11-13) and checking it out. we currently have 22 cars entered and a huge portion of the field are all capable of being front runners. This would also allow you to get to see other cars up in person and ask people directly any questions you have. Looking forward to seeing you at the track!

-Terran

Liked: 2

Since you are in the Bay Area, you can keep up with the racing here
    http://norcalfv.proboards.com/

What car did you acquire? Two People you may need to know are Ron Chuck and Brian McCarthy. These are the two engine builders in our area.

As Terran has mentioned, if you can get out to the race at T-hill come out and introduce yourself.

Liked: 0

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Mysterianfreak- That's correct, I do plan on running within the SFR and yes, that totally sucks that i missed the February class. A few weeks ago, I took my son up to the TireRack Street Survival class up in Reno (SCCA Sponsored) and i ended up hanging out with the instructors there. They suggested that I go to Fernley for the PDX/Time Trials to get some seat time in the car. They mentioned that they would be having a drivers school there later in the year but i'm not seeing it on the renoscca.org's calendar at this time. I'll have to contact them for more information if this is the case.

[Majors Event] I'm definitely going to try to make it up to Thunderhill next weekend. Would love to meet you guys and it does sound like it will be a good turnout. Thanks for the invite Terran.

Bruce- Thanks for the URL. Very helpful website. Funny, while browsing the site, the car that I purchased was posted there. I'm sure you have seen this car before since it's been raced within SFR for all it's life from what i'm told.

http://norcalfv.proboards.com/thread/1249/crusader-sale

[Engine Builders]Yes, i've been told these two names before and plan on talking to both of them as i'm not sure of the condition of the motor that the car came with.

Looking forward to next weekend!

Thread Information