Liked: 97

Default Best Pop Up Canopies?

Hi All, I am in the market for a 10x20 pop up and of course I would like the EZUP but not fond of the near $1000.00 price after tax and shipping.
    Does anybody have anything nice to say about a lesser expensive model or brand? I have seen some real junk and ordering over the internet makes returns difficult.
    I am trying to find medium quality for a good value.
    Thanks very much!!
    Skip Weld

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Check Costco. We found one there last summer for my granddaughter's swim team.

Liked: 757

You can get good deals on 10x10 EZ-ups. Use two side by side with a simple fabric sling or gutter between them in the event of rain. They are easier to handle individually too. Just a thought!

Contributing Member Chet Zerlin's Avatar
    Liked: 4

I've been happy with my 10'x20' Undercover pop up. http://www.getundercover.com

Liked: 4

I've had real luck buying 10x10's off craiglist for ~$20/ea. They're junk, no denying that, but they create good shade and make a dry patch when it rains. They also have the slight side benefit of being lighter (thinner metals), so easier to move around. I can normally get a good part of the season off of one before a good gust of wind takes it out - but for $20/ea I just carry two.

Liked: 218

+1 on the undercover. I believe Mat Cutter turned me on to them. Very good quality for the price.
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Liked: 174

I've found several at Wal-mart in the $70-80 range that have served me well.

Mark

Liked: 49

I've seen good ones at Costco every now and then for great prices. They look every bit as good as ez-up's, and for way less than half the price.

10x20's are HEAVY and not the easiest thing to put up.. If you happen to live in a place where it doesn't rain all that often, I would definitely consider using 2x 10x10's. Much easier to handle even by yourself.. And in the odd day where the rain makes an appearance, just fab up a quick gutter between them and you're set!

Liked: 2

I use this. It is easier to carry around and gives more coverage than a 10X10.
    http://www.ezupdirect.com/product/regency-12-x-12/

Liked: 597

My favorite 10 X 20 pop up is two 10 X 10 pop ups side by side that I buy on sale at Sports Authority. I've bought sturdy ones for $75 each. And one at a time is less weight to lug. I take a long piece of plastic about 10 X 2 and clips to seal the seam between the two for when it rains. I'd rather throw away one 10 X 10 when it gets messed up in the wind than a 10 X 20.

Liked: 157

One thing to consider, even a moderate wind at the track will tear apart the cheaper canopies even if they are tied down, while the EZ-Ups are much sturdier. The problem is with the strength of the frame, the cheaper ones bend like pretzels.

Liked: 597

sports authority sells the EZups

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Be aware there is a good deal of quality difference between EZ-UP models. They sell some in the $100 range that are similar in quality to the $40 PepBoys/Costco/Wal-Mart junk, but get $100 for them because they say EZ-UP.

My 10'x10' EZUP lasted 18 years of racing, camping, volleyball. It was a $500-ish 10x10 model purchased in 1991.

It was an Eclipse model. Heavy duty frame, heavier denier top, larger hardware.

You can spend $50-100/every season or spend $600-700 and have it last a decade or longer.

Thread Information