Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Default Bondurant West track April

All Open wheel cars are invited to join the yellow group racing at Bondurant West Track on April 12/13. There will be four sessions per day. Practice, qualifying, then a qualifying race that determines the starting grid for the feature race both days. 20 minutes each. Any open wheel car welcome. EFF (EuroFormulaFord) must be on either Toyo R888 or the Yokahama equivalent, to earn points. The Formula Fords are practicing and learning on the tires that will be the pro tires next year. We are hoping to match our 25 car starting grid that we had in January. You may bring any FF and use any tire you want, but EFF points are only given on the spec tires....We have had everything from FV to IndyCars, all are welcome.
    Come on CA guys, 300.00 for 8 on track sessions !!!

Marshall9
    Last edited by marshall9; 09.06.14 at 11:52 AM.

Liked: 1112

Of course it's not typical as in that photo for us to have multiple formation laps while we wait for the workers to tow one of the cars clear -- Scott's new engine install was just a little too porous.

ProAutoSports workers are usually remarkably good at keeping us racing safely in spite of whatever carnage we produce.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

I know it doesn't look like it right now, but I should have it ready by the weekend....

Liked: 444

Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    Of course it's not typical as in that photo for us to have multiple formation laps while we wait for the workers to tow one of the cars clear -- Scott's new engine install was just a little too porous.

ProAutoSports workers are usually remarkably good at keeping us racing safely in spite of whatever carnage we produce.
    I just realized that's my old girl being towed. Did Scott go window shopping?
    Last edited by BURKY; 10.18.14 at 4:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BURKY View Post
    I just realized that's my old girl being towed. Did Scott go window shopping?
    I'm not clear what the term means..

I don't recall if he had an engine problem or just decided to refresh things, but one of his oil fittings was very leaky after the installation. I believe other racers and black flags stopped him before it got too expensive (oil pressure reportedly stayed adequate). I hope we'll see him this weekend.

My trailer is loaded up.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

Tim you are a Prepper !

My point wasn't to show the carnage, but if you count, there are 15 FFs in the pic.

Liked: 444

Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    I'm not clear what the term means..

I don't recall if he had an engine problem or just decided to refresh things, but one of his oil fittings was very leaky after the installation. I believe other racers and black flags stopped him before it got too expensive (oil pressure reportedly stayed adequate). I hope we'll see him this weekend.

My trailer is loaded up.
    Window shopping...(hole in block). Glad to hear he saved it in time. Good luck this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall9 View Post
    Tim you are a Prepper !
    I try hard to be ready a week early. One time the payoff came when I had everything set except a last pressure-check on the cooling system - the extra week gave Jens time to order in a new water pump...
    Caldwell D9B - Sold

Ready...fuel and tire pressures to go....

Liked: 2

Tim, Marshall and everyone racing in AZ:

Have a great race ... be safe and have fun!!!

Lyle Greenberg

Unloaded the car around 3:30 this afternoon, the gates opened at 3:00. There were, by my count, already 14 FFs unloaded for the weekend. No testing today, just early for practice tomorrow am. Bondurant's FM series is running with us this weekend in their own run group....

Liked: 2

Marshall:

I see a black #88 in the background. Did Jim E get a new car ... a Swift maybe???

Lyle Greenberg

Quote Originally Posted by LyleG View Post
    Marshall:

I see a black #88 in the background. Did Jim E get a new car ... a Swift maybe???

Lyle Greenberg
    Good eye Lyle. Jim E does have a new car. It's a 1993 Van Diemen. He and I both know that having 4 shocks is so passé

Thread Information