Contributing Member Terry Hanushek's Avatar
    Liked: 59

Entries for Round 3 of the New England Challenge at Pocono International Raceway are available on the three region web sites:

NEPA: http://www.nepa-scca.com
    Philly: http://autox4u.com/philly (soon)
    South Jersey: http://www.sjr-scca.org

This round is being held in conjunction with the Tri Region Race Group's Laps to Conquer MS Double Regional on 20-22 June. As previously announced, the Sunday race will be part of the NEC series.

The race grouping for this event has Fords grouped with FV and F500. Tri Region has announced that if there are at least 15 NEC entries, there will be a separate Ford group for Sunday's qualifying and racing.

Remember that Tri Region will be using a new clockwise configuration at Pocono this year so there will be no home field advantage. Everyone will have a chance and someone will set a new course record.

http://www.users.fast.net/~nescca/Po...figuration.pdf

Terry

Liked: 8

Terry:
    I just pulled the supps off the SNJR website and if I read the schedule correctly, this is a three day event. It shows practice and qualifying on Friday. It also has qualifying on Saturday for Saturdays race. Could you please clarify the schedule. Also, I really had to dig to get the forms. I could not get it from either the Phila or NEPA sites. You may want to check this.

Best Wishes,

Greg Kokolus
    NCF #56

Greg

I just pulled the supps off the SNJR website and if I read the schedule correctly, this is a three day event.
    You are correct, the Laps to Conquer MS Double Regional is a three day event. When Tri Region decided to conduct a double regional, we did not feel that a two day double event was fair to the competitor. The extra day yields considerably more track time and allows the competitors an opportunity to test and setup their cars before the race.

Since the three day event is on a non-holiday weekend, a schedule was developed to allow a competitor to arrive on Saturday morning and be able to qualify for each race instead of starting at the back of the grid.

It shows practice and qualifying on Friday. It also has qualifying on Saturday for Saturdays race. Could you please clarify the schedule.
    Friday
    15 minute practice
    20 minute qualifying (for both days)

Saturday
    12 minute qualifying (for Saturday race
    12 lap race

Sunday
    12 minute qualifying (for Sunday race)
    12 lap race

Note that there will be a separate qualifying and race for Fords if there are 15 entries for the New England Challenge.

Also, I really had to dig to get the forms. I could not get it from either the Phila or NEPA sites. You may want to check this.
    On the NEPA site there is a link on the upper right of the Home Page label 'Event Entries'; clicking on this link takes you right to the entry.

The entry has not been loaded to the Philly site yet. The entry has been sent to the webmaster and it should be loaded soon.

Terry

Liked: 0

if you sign up for just sunday do you get to run friday?

Havercamp

if you sign up for just sunday do you get to run friday?
    Yes Friday's practice and qualifying are a part of both halves of the Double Regional. Friday's qualifying is used for both the Saturday and Sunday races.

Terry

Thread Information