Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked: 64

Well said Dennis
    Tim MinorFc88
    Tim Minor

Liked: 707

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Z. View Post
    Who continues to ship product to a distributor who hasn't paid in two years?
    Seriously? Nobody that I know of. That's why I pay my suppliers. That's also why I said he'll be losing his suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post

Uh, you weren't paid by the "good" Baytos?
    Of course. To be fair, the amount Brad owes me is peanuts compared to the amounts he owes other, well known suppliers. It's just that in the 13 years I've been operating Gyrodynamics, this is the first time I've been stiffed. Lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    I don't have any knowledge of Primus supplier relationships and I wish this tangent were on another thread,
    Agreed. I'm done.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Liked: 20

Dennis, I have a lot of respect for you and you have made me feel welcome since I first started racing. You've given me good advice and a friendly person to talk with at the track. Thank you.

With respect, I disagree that nothing more can be done and that this discussion can't help lead to a resolution.

I've had many people contact me with very useful information that will be used as my case goes forward, and I expect this flow of info will continue.

I also feel that public knowledge can be a powerful motivator. For some, without a sense of right or wrong, or a conscience, it may be the only motivator. I believe this discussion has and will continue to inform the public.

Hiding things or hushing them up is not the answer. I know, because I would not be involved in this mess if I had been more public with my desire to go racing.

Liked: 102

There is not much more to be said and turning this into a let's lynch Brad festival isn't going to get Anthony's problem resolved....
    Parker SPECIFICALLY said Jon Baytos….
    Parker never mentioned Brad.
    Brad jumped in with both feet early on.
    Brad intitially denies participation, but later acknowledges acting as a broker and partner.

Other unethical business dealings have since surfaced and been made public.

It was not a lynch Brad party.

Guys and Gals, I need your help.

Jon Baytos, Primus, and associates have scammed me. In June of 2012 I signed a contract with Primus and paid in cash my obligation to the contract. In January of 2013 after many missed deadlines and excuses, Jon texted me to say he would not fulfill the contract.
    Thank you for your help, Anthony Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by bbaytos View Post
    Primus Racing Parts and Brad Baytos have nothing to do with this case. In 2007, I started my own company selling racing car parts. Jon Baytos is my brother but he runs his own company and calls it Primus Racing
    I have some questions for you: (for the record of course)

When I called you (Brad Baytos) at the number list on the Primus website in the spring of 2012 to inquire about racing with Primus, did you not say, "WE are equipment rich and cash poor"?

Did you not say, "WE have the chassis"?

Did you not say, "let me talk to my brother"?

Did you not fail to make any attempt at that time to separate yourself from Jon Baytos and "his" Primus.

Did you not refer Jon Baytos to contact me at a later date regarding my inquiry?

And finally, when I called you in the winter of 2013 to tell you that I was going to sue Jon Baytos and Primus, did you not say, "I'm trying to separate myself from that deal"?

There were certainly many times that I talked to Jon when he said, let me check with my brother, "he has always been my partner".

Regarding the last question... The right time to separate yourself from a "deal" is before it happens or after it is finished. It is NOT finished.

Anthony.
    Mr. Parker, yes Jon and I have been partners for a long time and we will always be associated with each other.... Brad

Liked: 120

Anthony you have known me for quite a while and you know I say what's on my mind.

I'm sorry you got beat by Jon and I'd be royally pissed as well were I in your position

I've bought things from different individuals here on Apex including cars that lets just say weren't as represented and unfortunately the take away lesson was "buyer beware" as painful as that sounds.

I like many others here have also done a fair amount of business with Brad over the years and my take is he has been a very valuable resource to the FC community. Granted he may have made a mistake by referring you to Jon but it won't change the fact that you got beat by Jon not Brad.

I doubt very seriously if the people who know and utilize Brad will stop doing business with him. It's also very obvious to anyone who's been in this game for a bit there is a person or two in this conversation who has no interest in your recovery they just want to stir the pot.

I wish you best the of luck as always....
    Last edited by Dennis McCarthy; 02.21.14 at 1:03 PM.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis McCarthy View Post
    It's also very obvious to anyone who's been in this game for a bit there is a person or two in this conversation who has no interest in your recovery they just want to stir the pot.
    If that's directed towards me because of my comments subsequent to post #6 in this thread, you don't know my intentions. In fact my PM to Anthony was a PM as to increase his chances to recover. Posting the method of offense only helps the intended target plan his defense.

I am most interested in him recovering and if I was in Florida I'd be going out of my way to help.

As to all the comments I've made since post #6---raising awareness about unscrupulous people only helps reduce the chance of others becoming victims.

You ever had to try to right the wrongs done by a con-man that took the cowardly way out? Ever had to deal with not being able to right those wrongs?

Again, you don't know my intentions.
    Last edited by Daryl DeArman; 02.21.14 at 2:13 PM.

Liked: 75

Ok, I guess I will surrender to the police. Here is the point I am making. I guess I referred this Mr.Parker to run with my brother Jon because that is what he says I did on apex speed. I had no reason not to refer this guy to my brother because of Jons vast record of success including guiding drivers to get to the Indy car ranks which include 4 Indy 500 winners and god knows all the other people who have made racing careers because of Jon's expertise and guidance.Jon is one of the best . I had no reason not to recommend my brother to anyone who ask. Maybe Jon has had some bad luck or whatever but I am sure he would love it if this had never happened. Knowing Jon I am sure if he gets things together he would love to take care any problem he has. also knowing Jon he will rebound from any situation and be on top again. Again, I had nothing to do with this money thing with Parker. I wish I had the money I have been stiffed for over the years it must be at least $150k, but you don't see me getting on the internet whining about it.

Brad

Banned
    Liked: 1116

I had no reason not to refer this guy to my brother
    Quote Originally Posted by bbaytos
    I had no reason not to recommend my brother to anyone who ask. Maybe Jon has had some bad luck or whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by bbaytos
    I wish I had the money I have been stiffed for over the years it must be at least $150k, but you don't see me getting on the internet whining about it.

Mr. Parker, I am sorry about this problem but I am in no win situation and I hope things work out for you.

My Apologies, Brad

Contributing Member
    Liked: 100

Geez, I haven't been on the site in a while. Forgot how entertaining it can be.
    Anyway, my two cents.
    I have had nothing but excellent business dealings with Brad over many many years. In fact, if you read this whole thread, you will not find one person who has purchased something from Brad and has something bad to say about the transaction. There are several times I might have packed it in for the weekend had it not been for Brad.
    As for Jon, although I've heard stories over the years, I've never personally had a problem dealing with him either. Doesn't mean that the stories haven't made me wary though.
    Two different brother, two different reputations.

Mark Defer

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

" I wish I had the money I have been stiffed for over the years it must be at least $150k, but you don't see me getting on the internet whining about it. "

Brad,

It didn't seem like the OP was whining to me, but asking for help, and reaching out to the racing community here for help. He has, according to him, taken all reasonable legal steps and secured judgments in two states, and is looking for your Brother to execute those judgments. You stepped in to the dungpile, and now seem surprised that you have it on your feet.

Personally, I said I would do business with you, but on an equal risk basis. That means, we both have equal risk in transactions that are not face to face. For the guys here that feel that is not necessary, cool.

Aaron said that I was trying to remold the commerce model. I don't think so. For those of us, that don't have a business relationship with you going way back, the trust must be earned on both ends, why would a new customer fork over dollars based on a 50/50 opinion of your integrity? You have a lot of satisfied customers, and a lot of unhappy suppliers/customers as well.

I get the fact that I have to be an educated consumer to know the difference between Primus and Primus. The two companies' names sound the same, are operated by brothers, have separate addresses, and reputations, but a real customer can distinguish the difference, got it.

BTW, I need four corners as spares, for my RF92 Van Diemen FF. If you would like to do a business deal, I am open to it, under fair terms......

Respects,
    Marshall

"My Apologies, Brad"

Brad, while your apologies warm my heart, I'm sure you can appreciate that they do little else. Is this your way of saying that you are not going to help me?

"I am in no win situation"

Is this an excuse for inaction or a plea for sympathy? While I have no sympathy, and I've shown why I have no sympathy, for you or Jon, I do think we can make this issue something better than a total fail. I agree that we are well past the point of making this a "win" situation as I am out more money than the courts currently say I am owed, and I consider making public knowledge my involvement with Primus (especially this deal) as huge liability for myself.

"you don't see me getting on the internet whining about it. "

You know, this is the kind of language that bullies often use when they can't justify their actions, and most of the time there is intense insecurity behind the words and in the person. I hope this is not your M.O.

"I wish I had the money I have been stiffed for over the years it must be at least $150k"

I would be supportive of you making these bad deals public. Not only would it further the cause of justice, but frankly, it would help the average customer's bottom line. These kinds of things only get pushed down the line and spread out.

Several posters to this thread have mentioned the Primuses having different mailing addresses as if I was supposed to know this. Actually the business addresses have been of interest to me for some time. My lawyer hasn't actually been able to find any registered/licensed business that is associated with you or Jon. Can you please help me out with the business address for your Primus? This information would help me to keep things straight as I move forward.

Thank you everyone for your help and support. I am going to keep at this issue until I am fully satisfied.

Liked: 144

Default This thread makes me sick to my stomach

Brad,
    You seem to have a lot of supporters on here. It also seems like you think highly of your brother. I have a brother, and if he ever screwed anybody and I had one OUNCE of participation in it, I would make it right. First, I'd immediately call my brother and find out just what the heck is going on. Second, I'd ask him how he's going to make it right. Third, if he didn't make it right, I sure as hell wouldn't get on a forum and talk about what a good guy he is. He sounds like a coward and a swindler, and I don't care how many people he helped get to Indy. Like that's somehow proof that he's honest??? Bernie Madoff made some folks very rich, but he's also a first class con-man. I'm sure his brother thinks he's a real stand up dude.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I guarantee I'd never do business with you or your brother after reading this thread. You get a lot of accolades, but you're a pretty lousy businessman if you've been stiffed for $150K. (And, by the way, you DID just get on the internet and whine about it) There's an old saying; "You're either part of the problem or part of the solution". You're definitely part of the problem.

Default ok, really

My brother and I were in business together from 1988-2005. We were doing a lot of business in those days and running top drivers from USA and around the world. No matter how hard you try and stay on top of financial situation in contracting race drivers, sometimes they leave without paying and it is impossible to recover money from foreign countries.

This comment in response to chap from Canton, bad debt occurs in many businesses with millions of dollars in volume..

I feel terrible that I may have recommended Andy parker to run with Jon. I honestly did this in good faith because Jon had never done anything like this in the past . I am sure Jon will try to find a solution to this problem . I would hope Parker will get his money one day.

It really does not achieve any results by saying negative things about me and my parts business. I did all I could to get Jon to call Anthony during the process. Anthony you should be careful about your statements because you know I had nothing to do with it, that is why you will not even call me on the phone.

As far as me owing a small amount of money to about 3 vendors, there were reasons it happened. There is no point in explaining the reasons why. These vendors are paid and or arrangements have been made to pay in full so it will be a thing of the past.

Regarding parts sales to person in AZ. I just received 2 sets of 90-95 suspension so it is ready to ship. I am happy to do a quote. just call 727-804-7417 or email sales@primusracingparts.com.

My company policy has always been pay before product is shipped. normally credit card payment. My policy remains satisfaction guaranteed or full refund on new and used parts.The reason for using a credit card is to provide protection for customer and protection for my business. I pride myself in providing quality parts either new or used.

I am sure I will get chewed out over these comments.

Brad
    sales@primusracingparts.com

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Regarding parts sales to person in AZ. I just received 2 sets of 90-95 suspension so it is ready to ship. I am happy to do a quote. just call 727-804-7417 or email sales@primusracingparts.com.
    Calling soon, I do need the parts.
    Marshall

Liked: 1115

Quote Originally Posted by marshall9 View Post
    Calling soon, I do need the parts.
    Marshall
    Pay with a credit card, settle the deal in less than 90 days, and you will either get you parts or the card company will cancel things for you. They want to keep your business even more than Brad does. You now have a satisfaction guarantee in writing.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 647

I am happy to do a quote...
    Gents;

As I have clearly stated before and without equivocation, I have known and done business with Brad for over fifteen years, and he has gone to the mat for me on numerous occasions. His knowledge base, willingness to help, fair prices and 'customer first' attitude has, in my humble estimation, made Primus Racing Parts (not to be misconstrued with Primus Racing) indispensable to a large population on Apex.

From my chair here, this is a done deal. So let's get on with it.

V/r

Iverson

Post Scriptum - Brad, you have email.

Contributing Member blackbmwk1200r's Avatar
    Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Iverson View Post

What does this mean? Is this an official ruling of some type or a statement of personal opinion? Not trying to be contentious; just confused by the statement.

Liked: 120

Maybe the term beating a dead horse is less confusing...

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 647

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Iverson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbmwk1200r View Post
    What does this mean? Is this an official ruling of some type or a statement of personal opinion? Not trying to be contentious; just confused by the statement.
    Funny thing about this real-time electronic messaging. Unless skillfully crafted, it is difficult at best to determine the mood of the writer, or the tone of the message. But just to clear it up, my mood is one of acceptance, and the tone was reconciliatory. It means exactly as it reads, it is an opinion, and in my estimation, this thread has run it's course. Brad has apologized, and has given his word to remit to the three vendors. If you want an expanded explanation, (218) 821-9210 or msengineering@q.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis McCarthy View Post
    Maybe the term beating a dead horse is less confusing...
    Dennis, right as rain as always.

V/r

Iverson

Telling me that 2012 is the first time Jon scammed someone and/or that this is the first time you've heard about it is like telling me that Rome was built in one day!

I do know that you had everything to do with this deal and that you represented yourself as partner with Jon. I also know that you use your relationship with Jon on an as-needed basis and disconnect when needed. I also don't call Baytoses anymore. That's why I hired an attorney. I know that you only respond to public dialog, otherwise your head is in the sand.

When was it that you said you started your own business separate from Jon?
    This article from the fall of 2010 suggests you're still in business together.
    http://www.eformulacarnews.com/news_info.php?n=8050

You know, over the past 3 years I've called many racing businesses inquiring about a ride and none of them have falsely represented themselves. Also, none of them took the opportunity to take my money and run. They demonstrated perfectly normal, honorable behavior.

So far my requests for help from you have only gotten me hopes and apologies. I guess we'll leave it there. You can't say I didn't give you opportunity.

Again, I ask where is Primus doing business? Not your home address, not a PO box, but the place where Uncle Sam thinks this entity lives? Is it Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Ohio, or New York?

Liked: 2

Default Concern

Come on guys this forum is starting to look like face book. I have watched this unfold since the beginning and it has escalated to where it has become ugly. All parties posting really do not have all the facts to be able to support either parties that is why we have court systems. At this point it may be the best avenue for Mr. Parker to recover his money at some point. It appears that Jon does not have the money to pay Mr. Parker even if he wanted too.If there is an issue between Mr. Parker and Brad Batos this should be handled between them not plastered all over the forum. Maybe this can be handled between them on the phone or courts if need be. I have held off posting because I am sure that I will be flamed for this.
    Best Regards to All
    JacK

Liked: 1417

I think we have given every opportunity for Anthony, Brad and Jon to participate here, and they have chosen their course of actions and put it out there for everyone to see. I think there is plenty of information for the community to get a good idea of what happened and what could potentially happen in the future.

I hope this all gets worked out, in whatever form.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information