Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked: 20

Default Issues with Primus Racing, LLC/Primus Racing International

Guys and Gals, I need your help.

I have delayed making this public because I'm embarrassed and disappointed to have gotten involved in this racket but now it's time to ask for help from the racing community. I guess this will serve as warning to the uninitiated as well.

Jon Baytos, Primus, and associates have scammed me. In June of 2012 I signed a contract with Primus and paid in cash my obligation to the contract. In January of 2013 after many missed deadlines and excuses, Jon texted me to say he would not fulfill the contract. From that time on I've been pursing a refund through the court system. I have judgments from the states of Ohio and Florida against Jon and Primus. Attempting to collect on these judgments has cost me more money and Jon has continued to not respond to mailings from the court and my lawyer.

I'm getting close to the point where I will have to send this mater to a collections agency and, as you may know, this will cost me even more money.

I'm hoping for ideas or help with pressuring Primus to refund my money. Can anyone shed light on where Jon is, or where any of his assets are so that I can have them seized and auctioned to pay the debt? I can keep any information anonymous if needed.

This has been a nightmare and I have never dealt with such pathetic characters.

Thank you for your help, Anthony Parker

Liked: 706

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    I'm hoping for ideas or help with pressuring Primus to refund my money. Can anyone shed light on where Jon is, or where any of his assets are so that I can have them seized and auctioned to pay the debt?
    The line forms to the right...

Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Sounds like time for the local sheriff to padlock his shop and enforce the judgment.

Perhaps an auction to satisfy the obligation would be feasible.

And add interest at about 15% to the funds owed.

Putting the buyer beware on here is a good start to keep others from getting stuck like it sounds you did.

Great ideas! Maybe I need a different lawyer, but he says it's not that easy. Apparently the owner has to be there when the sheriff shows up. Jon has avoided several attempts to serve him notice of court hearings. He's great at hiding and forgetting.

If you're not there, apparently you foil the attempt to seize property, at least at that time. Seems like the perfect time to collect something to me!

Why is the line I'm in soo long? How has the community accepted Primus back in soo many times? I just don't get it.

Liked: 8

Default The System

I got taken by a race shop in Longmont Colo. For me, (and he knew this before he screwed me) the costs to recover my money would have been greater than the money owed. I am in Canada and the costs of cross-border suits are high. I called the State Attorney's office and laid a complaint, but was made aware it was civil and they would not do anything more than take and keep a record of my complaint.

Bottom line was I trusted the man, he CHOSE to cheat me, and I was taken. If anyone wants more details (like if you want a bike engine built or have your car prepped in the Denver area), please feel free to PM me.

Have you talked with a lawyer? You need to do so if you have not. It sounds like you have. If so, trust your lawyer, keep it on his/her front burner and keep after the man.

Sorry to hear that you were cheated. This is NOT your failing; you trusted in someone. That person CHOSE to cheat you; that is THEIR fault!

Best, Tom
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    Apparently the owner has to be there when the sheriff shows up. Jon has avoided several attempts to serve him notice of court hearings. He's great at hiding and forgetting.
    Parker, check your PM. Don't want to tip anybody off here.

Liked: 8

Remember that the deadbeat has a face book account. Maybe time to start "outing him" on face book?

Best, T
    Tom Owen
    Owner - Browns Lane and Racelaminates.com

Liked: 75

Default sad story

Mr. Parker, this is a very sad story and I hope everything works out for you. I just want you to be clear who you are talking about. You have said that you have an issue with an ApexSpeed vendor.

Primus Racing Parts and Brad Baytos have nothing to do with this case. In 2007, I started my own company selling racing car parts. Jon Baytos is my brother but he runs his own company and calls it Primus Racing and he is not an ApexSpeed advertiser. Jon and I started the original company called Primus Racing in 1988 and operated for several years, closing the company in 2005 after Panoz purchased Van Diemen. I continue to operate Primus Racing Parts and strive to keep customers happy.

Yes I have made some mistakes over the years but your deal has nothing to do with myself or my company. Trust is a very important part of operating this type of business and I do my very best not to break that trust. I am confident that I know more about Van Diemen race cars and the many associated parts that go with these cars then anyone out there. I will work harder then anyone to make sure customers get the parts they need to make a race. In 25 years of this business I have met many drivers and I truly love my work. I have many loyal customers because they know I will do whatever it takes to get the part they need. I hope you can find some resolution to this problem.

Brad Baytos - primusracingparts.com

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Brad,
    This whole thing kinda sucks for me, as I have a Van Diemen RF92, and found that you have a lower a-arm that I really need for 285.00. I was wanting to buy some of the spares from the Primus website, but am now afraid to give my card number to you guys in light of these accusations....I'll still give you my business, but it will be trust on your end, you ship me what I need, then I'll pay, not payment first. Sorry , but that is the situation that your Brother has you in, earn it back.
    Respects,
    Marshall

Banned
    Liked: 1116

In the past I have shared a little bit about my experience with con-men and what sometimes can happen should a couple of muscle heads go to pay a visit and how I would discourage such tactics and why.

A little bit more of the story. The con-man I thought I knew is now deceased and took 5 people with him on his way out (may those 5 RIP) has a brother. That brother, obviously shares the same last name and makes a living in the same industry.

I felt that it was important to share a tiny bit more as just because they are in the same industry, same area and share the same blood doesn't mean they have the same business tactics/ethics/morals.

Further, one brother may have absolutely zero influence over the others' business practices and there could be valid reasons they are no longer in business together. Having said that, they could also be playing a shell game....

So to clear the air. Are there long lines of people who have been wronged by both brothers and both companies? Or is it just one that's the bad apple? If so, which one and what company name?

Contributing Member Darren Brown's Avatar

Just my experience, but Brad/ Primus (his company) is trust worthy. Brad personally kept me (and the team running me) in the 2004 Cooper series when we ran out of money before the last 2 races. Many years later after taking a break from racing he sent me several headers to see which one would fit my 96 Van diemen, I kept the one that worked and sent back the others with the payment.

I know it is confusing with 2 people with the same name and same company name, but try to seperate the two guys.

Just my opinion and my experience with Brad.

Darren Brown

Classifieds Super License teamwisconsin's Avatar
    Liked: 565

I would agree with Darren, my personal experiences with Brad (Primus Racing Parts) have been very good. First time I met him (2007 Topeka Runoffs) he offered me a sponsorship for the event on the spot. I bought a lot of small bits in addition to wishbones and other car specific parts over the years and he was always upfront in his dealings with me. Fair prices, good service.

I have had NO experience with his brother however and my heart goes out to you Parker, I cannot imagine your frustration and anger over this issue. I hope it all gets resolved in your favor and it doesn't sour your taste for racing. Good luck-

Ethan
    Ethan Shippert
    http://shippertracingservices.com
    https://www.norwestff.com

"l'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace!"

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Default Cape Motorsports

So what does Jon have to do with Cape Motorsports?

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3312

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Default Reputation at Risk?

Quote Originally Posted by bbaytos View Post

Primus Racing Parts and Brad Baytos have nothing to do with this case. In 2007, I started my own company selling racing car parts. Jon Baytos is my brother but he runs his own company and calls it Primus Racing and he is not an ApexSpeed advertiser.

I hope you can find some resolution to this problem.
    Brad,

Hate to say it - but this is your problem too. The fact you have to defend yourself here means you are involved.

Frankly, your response title "sad story" is condescending...

If my brother acted as yours has I'd be opening a large can of whoop-ass. I would assist a cheated customer collect what they are due. You are no longer in business with him - probably because you saw the writing on the wall.

Look at what marshall9 says! Your reputation IS at stake.

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar
    Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by marshall9 View Post
    Brad,
    This whole thing kinda sucks for me, as I have a Van Diemen RF92, and found that you have a lower a-arm that I really need for 285.00. I was wanting to buy some of the spares from the Primus website, but am now afraid to give my card number to you guys in light of these accusations....I'll still give you my business, but it will be trust on your end, you ship me what I need, then I'll pay, not payment first. Sorry , but that is the situation that your Brother has you in, earn it back.
    Respects,
    Marshall
    Brad's had my Visa on file for 5 years... he's about the last guy you need to worry about and has reliably and honestly provided support and trackside service to pro f2000/1600 racing for many years.

I haven't met too many dummies among my fellow competitors, if Brad was shady he would have been run out of the paddock long ago.
    aaron

Thanks Aaron.
    That makes me want to give him my VISA too, for five years....... We are expected to order things , pay for them in advance and trust that they will be shipped?
    What's wrong with the seller trusting us, and sending the parts, then we pay? I don't get the difference. I do not, nor said that I have a problem with Brad, but only that I will do business with him on the same level that I would anyone else that is unknown and has a bad online reputation, cautiously.........
    Last edited by marshall9; 02.19.14 at 8:37 AM.

Thanks Aaron.
    That makes me want to give him my VISA too, for five years....... We are expected to order things , pay for them in advance and trust that they will be shipped?
    What's wrong with the seller trusting us, and sending the parts, then we pay? I don't get the difference. I do not, nor said that I have a problem with Brad, but only that I will do business with him on the same level that I would anyone else that is unknown and has a bad online reputation, cautiously.........
    Come on you can't be serious? That's not how business works. Business can't send product first then hope the customer will pay for it. Don't get me wrong you and I would pay it but we'd be in the minority, there are a ton of scum buckets that wouldn't and that would put companies out of business in a week. And vice versa, business' that don't do the right thing won't last long or at least get a terrible reputation (that's why I also ask for recommendations).
    "If you're not driving on the edge you're taking up too much space.... "

Contributing Member a. pettipas's Avatar

Thanks Aaron.
    I'm illustrating a point to vouch for the man's good character and encouraging you to use common sense… you can take the good advice of an honest ApexSpeeder who has, along with many others on here, purchased (I'm not sponsored by Primus) thousands of dollars of parts from Brad and received the benefit of his help and knowledge, or don't… there is sincerely 0 f**ks given on my end as to what you decide.

And good luck with that wacky commerce-revolutionizing theory of yours, keep us posted on the results.
    aaron

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1906

There is really no reason to drag Brad into this. The man has been strait up and gone out of his way for me and customers of mine for more years than I want to think about. Brad is a completely separate entity from Jon and shouldn't be treated differently than any other vendor that supplies race car parts. Has Brad shipped me parts or handed them to me at the track prior to me paying him? Yep,....more than a few times. Do I expect him to do that? Nope!

Brad,......Thanks for the great service over the years. Look forward to dealing with you for many more.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Quote Originally Posted by a. pettipas View Post
    I'm illustrating a point to vouch for the man's good character and encouraging you to use common sense… you can take the good advice of an honest ApexSpeeder who has, along with many others on here, purchased (I'm not sponsored by Primus) thousands of dollars of parts from Brad and received the benefit of his help and knowledge, or don't… there is sincerely 0 f**ks given on my end as to what you decide.

And good luck with that wacky commerce-revolutionizing theory of yours, keep us posted on the results.
    Aaron,
    I hope things are as you say. Point taken. You and I both have been here since this site started. I am not trying to initiate an issue regarding commerce. Yeah Brad, Go Primus, they are great ! Primus Primus Primus, great products, great prices !
    Now, we'll see what fruit shakes off of the tree.
    Marshall

Liked: 14

Thats like "hey, make me a cake and I will pay after i eat it" "hey, build me an engine, and I will pay after I break-it in" or "hey, let me get you pregnant, then let me see if I wanna marry you!!" hahaha not the last one. Come on now, ok guy.

Brad and Primus Racing Parts have have been awesome, great to me, Brad sold me many parts for my FB Diemen and he does know every little part in these suckers. Great guy to deal with, honest and always picks up the phone/returns calls. He always seemed to remember who I was and what I was putting together. just my opinion.

Marchand Juan

Aaron,
    and as far as you being rude....rules here don't allow me to to post what I would like to say, but feel free to walk up to me anytime and ask, if you are in AZ

Quote Originally Posted by JRMarchand View Post
    Thats like "hey, make me a cake and I will pay after i eat it" "hey, build me an engine, and I will pay after I break-it in" or "hey, let me get you pregnant, then let me see if I wanna marry you!!" hahaha not the last one. Come on now, ok guy.

Brad and Primus Racing Parts have have been awesome, great to me, Brad sold me many parts for my FB Diemen and he does know every little part in these suckers. Great guy to deal with, honest and always picks up the phone/returns calls. He always seemed to remember who I was and what I was putting together. just my opinion.

Marchand Juan

I stand corrected Juan, now that I know the difference between Primus and Primus.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Thats like "hey, make me a cake and I will pay after i eat it"
    I'm guessing you have never been to a restaurant?
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 530

Quote Originally Posted by Matt King View Post
    LOL! touche

I'm gonna go with yes you are right, never been to a restaurant that made cake....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt King View Post
    Matt,
    Juan probably eats out a lot. He didn't mean to make that comparison, was just weighing in.

If many guys disagree with the original poster of this thread, why not say so?

It seems, that Primus has two different customer bases. The ones that love them, and the ones that hate them. I want to be in the first group that has good experiences.....but am afraid to experiment with my dollars to find out who is who, hence, my "commerce " option....

Marshall thanks for sticking up for me, its all good morning humor. If you want to source some parts from Primus race parts, let me know I will get them for you and you can pay pal me. I don't work for Brad but he did me well, I can reciprocate the gesture.

Brad, thanks for your wishes for a resolution to this issue. I hope you can be a part of the solution.

I have some questions for you: (for the record of course)

When I called you (Brad Baytos) at the number list on the Primus website in the spring of 2012 to inquire about racing with Primus, did you not say, "WE are equipment rich and cash poor"?

Did you not say, "WE have the chassis"?

Did you not say, "let me talk to my brother"?

Did you not fail to make any attempt at that time to separate yourself from Jon Baytos and "his" Primus.

Did you not refer Jon Baytos to contact me at a later date regarding my inquiry?

And finally, when I called you in the winter of 2013 to tell you that I was going to sue Jon Baytos and Primus, did you not say, "I'm trying to separate myself from that deal"?

There were certainly many times that I talked to Jon when he said, let me check with my brother, "he has always been my partner".

Regarding the last question... The right time to separate yourself from a "deal" is before it happens or after it is finished. It is NOT finished.

Anthony.

Contributing Member flat tappet's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Why is it that "some" race car parts websites have no address,city,state listed at all. I can understand if your shop is in a high crime/theft unsecured area...not giving out an exact street address..but what is the big deal about at least giving out the city/state you are in?.........LOL

Contributing Member flat tappet's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Liked: 30

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	People.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	44682

Liked: 75

Default what?

Mr. Parker, yes Jon and I have been partners for a long time and we will always be associated with each other. . I have sold parts from my company since 2007 as the sole owner. I don't run a race team at Primus Racing Parts. Your memory seems to be a bit foggy. I may have told you to call Jon because that's what he does is run a race team. I have also refered many customers to many different raceteams. I never did any contract with you or never received any money from you so I guess you need to get your facts straight. Why don't you call me on the phone explain what you are talking about. I guess you have my number.

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by bbaytos View Post
    Mr. Parker, yes Jon and I have been partners for a long time and we will always be associated with each other. . I have sold parts from my company since 2007 as the sole owner. I don't run a race team at Primus Racing Parts. Your memory seems to be a bit foggy. I may have told you to call Jon because that's what he does is run a race team. I have also refered many customers to many different raceteams. I never did any contract with you or never received any money from you so I guess you need to get your facts straight. Why don't you call me on the phone explain what you are talking about. I guess you have my number.

Brad
    It seems like this is moving in the right direction and may work out, I hope so.

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    Come on you can't be serious? That's not how business works. Business can't send product first then hope the customer will pay for it. Don't get me wrong you and I would pay it but we'd be in the minority, there are a ton of scum buckets that wouldn't and that would put companies out of business in a week. And vice versa, business' that don't do the right thing won't last long or at least get a terrible reputation (that's why I also ask for recommendations).
    Yes, he can be serious. I have been operating a (small) racing business for the last 30+ years. When someone wants a part I send it to them, with a stamped envelope inside, with the understanding that if it is as advertised and he is content he puts a personal check in the envelope and puts it in the mail. If, FOR ANY REASON, he is not satisfied, he sends the part back with a check to cover my shipping. I have NEVER had anyone refuse this arrangement. In the 30+ years I've been doing this I have only had ONE individual try to stiff me and that was a pro atlantic team (who paid up after I contacted his named sponsor.) I have only had to contact a buyer over late payments a few times.

So, you can indeed operate a business this way.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Default Batos

I have known Jon and Brad both for many years. Having bought cars and parts from them both. I have not dealt with Jon for many years. The reasons why are not worth going into here. I do however continue to deal with Brad. Including some fairly high dollar deals which were based on mutual trust between Brad and I. I have always known Brad to be forth coming and straight concerning matters. At times this can be a very difficult business. Don't know how many of you have ever owned a race car shop or parts service. Problems will some time come up. The secret is in how you handle them.
    We must also remember that all family members are not created equal, I am sure we know some folks like that. And it is easier to wish you had not become business partners than to get out of it.
    My dimes worth

Liked: 49

Default vouch for Brad

I can also vouch for Brad. I have bought a few things from him, though not in the last couple of years, but never had a problem.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

I'm gonna go with yes you are right, never been to a restaurant that made cake....
    How about pie?
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information