Thread: tires

Liked: 530

Default tire source / price ?

ok, i've been looking online, but can't find a source and price for PFM tires.
    Looking for new and used options. Please let me know if you have any recommendations.

thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by mikey; 02.03.14 at 6:48 PM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 26

Default Tire source

Mike,

contact Anderson promotions in Florida or call Speed Source, they should be able to hook you up with the Pro series tire supplier. Goodyear is the only other manufacturer that make a tire for the PFM (if you want to stay on the spec wheels the car typically uses). Hope this helps!

thanks. yeah I plan to stop by both of their shops when I get some time.

I think Goodyear quit making the tires they used to for PFM.

Unsure if Hoosier bias-ply would work or not if I'm just doing club days, but maybe that's another options..

Contributing Member

Hoosier does not make sizes for the wheels Mike. too bad really, I am sure a guy would get more mileage out of the Hoosiers vs the GY's... good luck

Hoosier does make some sizes that I'm curious if they would work or not.. I'm not sure what the differences between "A2500" and "C3000" means, but they have bias slicks in 20.0x9.0-13 and 23.0x12.0-13. The latter recommend rims 12-15" wide and the PFM is only 11" rear, so unsure if that is workable or not.

The tires are advertised as usable for FA and come in R25, R35 or R45 compounds.

Their midget asphalt tires in MG7 compound are same size and recommend 10-12" wide rims.

Contributing Member

C2500 versus 3000 is the carcass / side wall combination, if memory serves I think the 2500 is the one of choice. C3000 was back in 2008 / 2009. I did not know that the 3000 was still available Mike

Liked: 278

Contact Telo Stewart at Worldspeed Motorsports. He is in charge of the Formula Car Challenge series and will know where to get the proper tires for club spec PFM's.
    The shop number is 707=935-9761
    The Pro Spec Cooper tires are going to involve a lot of testing for you especially if you do not have the 2012 suspension updates.

Liked: 444

Steve hickham, races a PFM regularly in Florida. Maybe he can help you out. I think he is a Apex member.

Liked: 29

We used the FE Hoosier tires at Autobahn for our race series last year in FM. They worked good. A friend of mine tried them on his PFM for a track day and said they worked ok. Thoughts anyone? -Kevin
    Kevin Davis
    04 Pro Mazda
    95 Lamborghini Diablo
    59 Piper Comanche

thanks all for the help and pointers. looks like I need to make some calls as suggested.

Kevin, the PFM wheels are 9x13 and 11x13 whereas FE are 8x13 and 10x13. I think the FE tires would be a little narrow for PFM

Cheers,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Michael View Post
    Contact Telo Stewart at Worldspeed Motorsports. He is in charge of the Formula Car Challenge series and will know where to get the proper tires for club spec PFM's.
    The shop number is 707=935-9761
    The Pro Spec Cooper tires are going to involve a lot of testing for you especially if you do not have the 2012 suspension updates.

Were the Goodyears bias or radial?

Liked: 278

Bias till ~2010 and radial since then.

Liked: 3

Hello

Goodyear still makes tires for PFM cars. They make radial tires and not bias ply tires anymore. We still run Goodyear in the Formula Car Challenge. Also Cooper tires make tires for the Pro Mazda Championship, also radials.

If you have any more questions feel free to email me.

Kevin
    kevin@worldspeed.com

Thread Information