Liked: 12

Default Do Mk8 donut stub axles fit Mk9?

I'm clueless here. I think I know that there is a different bearing set up in the Mk9, but I need to swap a set of donut drive axles into a Mk9, and I am uncertain if the parts that Taylor lists as 'Mk8 sub axle - donut drive' will do the trick. Any help is appreciated.

Liked: 79

Mk 9 sideplates are designed around an inboard brake set up so the driveshaft bearing is bigger and stronger on the MK9 and it uses a different seal.

Short answer is no, the MK8 flanges wont fit a MK9 sideplate but there are several flanges and options available for both types.
    Williams Racing Developments Inc
    704 658 0940 www.willrace.com

WE HAVE MOVED...... 503 Performance Road, Mooresville, NC, 28115

I guess what I'm looking for is an affordable way to get donut drive flanges onto a Mk9 without having to go to new sideplates.

Liked: 323

I have a decent pair of Mk8 sideplates that I won't be using (would love to swap for Mk9 parts). I'm local to you if you are interested in them.

I know I have seen some Mk9s with donut style stub shafts but I'm not sure how available they are. They would also require shorter drive shafts due to the longer side bearings.

-John

-edit- John I should have guessed that was you.. I still have some Mk5 parts we spoke of earlier at DND.
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

Hello John. I am indeed interested. I can drop the transaxle off at DnD and they can do the swap if you're interested. my home email is jlrankinco at comcast dot net.

We can do the Mk5 stuff at the same time.

Liked: 15

If that does not work out, see my ad...
    http://apexspeed.com/forums/showthre...325#post355325

Liked: 35

MK 8 is a single row bearing. MK9 will be a double bearing . Wider bearing.
    Scotty
    Est. 1990
    Taylor Race Engineering

Thread Information