Classifieds Super License GT-Subject's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default Hiem Joints (Rod Ends) List for FM

Does anyone have a single list (with locations) of all the hiem joints (rod ends) used in a standard Formula Mazda? I am busy going through my inventory of new and used stuff to decide what I need to buy for this coming season. Thanks in advance for your help.

G.T. Subject

Liked: 5

Default rod ends

As with most things relating to FM. contact Moses. He probably has them memorized. Good luck.

Liked: 3

Good Point G.T., Eric and I have gone 3 years with only plugs, cap, rotor, muffler and brake pads as spares. Only used the pads I should change out some rods ends before there is a problem.
    Maybe someone could post the most practical spares list for us Mazda's here in Canada.

John B.

Classifieds Super License GT-Subject's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Hey John,

Most everyone I have talked with has said to try to do a wholesale change of rod ends after two full seasons. Given the amount of time I have on the car since I bought it - I think it will be time for a complete replacement of all the rod ends. The other preseason service items for me will be CV joints, shock service and transmission gear cleanup. What are you thinking that you will be doing to your FM before the season?

All the best, G.T. Subject
    Last edited by GT-Subject; 01.25.14 at 8:29 AM.

Liked: 610

Default Rod-ends

If we can be of any help, we primarily stock Aurora rod-ends and spherical bearings and are just across the river from Windsor.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 2

You are right, Moses was able to just pull together the full package for the change. I just told him to "send it" and they were at the door. Remember to check the distance of the thread on to center to keep from throwing thing too far out of alignment

Liked: 3

Hey G.T.
    Brian and BGR stay on top of the maintenance for me. He seems to think with the size of our rod ends, compared to the F.F's, they should be fine as long as there aren't off track events. Looks like we'll be flushing the brake and tranny fluid, quick trip to the set up scales and were ready.

John B.

Thread Information