Liked: 0

Default I need your help

I need some help from the Vee community. I have entered a video in the Search For a Champion contest and I need votes. I would love to continue racing, but the whole budget and then some is going to Auburn for the next four years. So please go and vote. You can vote daily.

Here is the link: http://www.alwaysachampion.com/searc.../entry/1568075

Thank you,
    Andrew Pinkerton

Liked: 530

390 entries.. so many choices, so little time..

if you're able to update your video, I'd recommend two important changes.

1) you say a champion is someone who goes out to win at *almost* all cost. this implies you'd concede a win to someone who is willing to win at ALL cost.

2) you mention "trying to win".. to quote a wise being (Yoda) "No try. Do or do not, there is no try."

good luck

Mikey, thanks for the response. We cannot edit the video now. Instead of making the video seem very scripted and coached we opted for a candid interview and then I worked that into the video. So when I said almost I meant almost. Like if I had to win, but it required me to punt a guy in turn 1 at Indy at 240 mph. I probably wouldnt do it. A move like that could very well kill the other driver.

Thanks,
    Andrew Pinkerton

Remeber you can vote daily!

Liked: 49

Just my opinion, but if someone is willing to do ANYTHING to win, they don't need my help anyway. If someone wants to win BADLY, but is still able to hold their morals and values a bit higher than the checkered flag, I'm a lot more likely to give them a hand with whatever I can!

Not a dig at anyone, and I can certainly appreciate the dedication and focus of the "true", ruthless winners. They just don't need my help.

Liked: 5

Default This is club racing

I guess thats why the best I did was 4th in a championship. I am NOT gonna Hurt some one for a win. The championship the trophy Even if it was 1 million bucks. I am not gonna Hurt another racer I would rather lose. Guess thats why I did.If you want to think down on me for that go ahead. As you can tell I really don't care. I really enjoyed racing. I can look anyone in the eye I raced with and say I tried my best without hurting another sole. I wouldn't change a thing Pete Cheney new england region FV So I like your comment Ill go vote for you.

Liked: 530

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky096 View Post
    Mikey, thanks for the response. We cannot edit the video now. Instead of making the video seem very scripted and coached we opted for a candid interview and then I worked that into the video. So when I said almost I meant almost. Like if I had to win, but it required me to punt a guy in turn 1 at Indy at 240 mph. I probably wouldnt do it. A move like that could very well kill the other driver.

Thanks,
    Andrew Pinkerton

Remeber you can vote daily!
    Andrew,
    Makes sense, I don't think anybody here includes such a literal translation of "win at all cost" to mean risk others life or conduct one's self in an unsportsmanlike manner.
    But you've gotta be fully willing to race, which comes with inherent danger to limb and life, particularly in open wheel and open cockpit.

-Mike

Default Good luck Andrew

I just went and signed up and voted for you. I hope other fv drivers and apex speed drivers do the same. there are Karters, dirt track. old and young signed up.My biggest surprize were how many girls there were Best of luck Pete Cheney

Thanks Pete every vote counts.

Default Hope everyone is helping?

Just went on to the site and voted again. If the Folks here on Apex get behind you, I hope you can win this. Pete Cheney

Default Help Andrew doesn't take much time.

Just voted again Pete

Pete thanks for all the support

Thread Information