Contributing Member crowe motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Default Sebring Majors Report

Sebring report from a friend

Qualifying

Pole is JROsborne driving JPaul's Citation that BDixon drove at the Runoffs. John Paul is entered in his car so he may be driving Sunday.
    Other entries:
    George Levien-Stohr
    Jason Bell-Stohr

Weather looks good tomorrow with 50% chance of rain Sunday

Palm Beach entries next weekend:

Brett Lane-Van Diemen
    William Falatick- Speads
    George Levien-Stohr
    John Paul-Citation
    A. McEwan-Phoenix

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

Race #1 JR Osborne wins followed by Jason Bell and George Levien

Wish I was there, it's up to about 25 degrees but looks like we are in for 8-10"s of snow.

Liked: 84

JR never ran Sebring and wanted to come to Florida and hang for new years (coming from Colorado he wanted to experience New Year's Eve in 80 degree weather) so made plans to run the Sebring majors and split the weekend in my car.
    Fast forward past lots of news years eve drinking & partying to Sebring:
    That boy is ridiculous, second session ever on the track crushed the track record with a low 2.05. Then qualified with a 2.045 (4th over all) The race started with a crash on the out lap (????? Really). Pace car went around a bunch of times, once it went green JR was gone. He clicked off a 2.057 in the second lap before a double yellow came up. The track went green for 2 more laps but with a lot of traffic. The race was over. Short but sweet with an official track record.
    Tomorrow my turn (don't expect much) rain in the forecast.....
    "If you're not driving on the edge you're taking up too much space.... "

Liked: 16

A big thanks to JP for letting run his car at Sebring. I probably would never have had the chance to do so without his help. Sebring is a rough old track but I absolutely love it. It has some really fast turns that will destroy the car if you get it wrong but the pucker value brings satisfaction when you get it right. Really need another weekend there to learn all the ways to go truly fast.

The Chateau Élan is right at the track and you can watch cars racing from the bar, really cool. We had no mechanical issues all weekend, unreal. It's so fun to race when your car doesn't burst into flames. Hopefully I can have a few more weekends like this one.

Thanks again John Paul! I really enjoyed hanging with ya and for all the hospitality you provided.

Now back to the Denver winter ...

J.R.O

Liked: 114

I will 2nd JP's comments re: JRO - the man was on a rail for SAT's race. Fun to watch!!

Thread Information