Thread: June Sprints

Liked: 0

By now everyone has received the entry form for the Sprints, but the silence here may speak volumes.

Based on the emails and conversations I've had it looks like many have other plans. Five that I know of are going to Beaver Run. Reasons include a $260 entry fee, rented paddock spaces and four or more days with travel.

Is anyone going?

Liked: 3787

I'm always biased towards the Sprints.
    Biggest SCCA event of the year. It could be argued to be more competitive than the Runoffs.
    Each class is spotlighted. Large fields, many passing zones. Great organization and hospitality. Possibly one of the greatest tracks in North America. Bragging rights for those that achieve a podium that carry serious weight.

I believe everybody should at least participate once. My first trip in 2000, even as a backmarker, is one of my most memorable racing memories. Had hoped to make it back this year, but unemployment changes priorities.

Tom- I think the Sprints are one of the neatest race weekends in North America.The Sprints as of late have changed in my opinion.The competitors are still great but the costly reserved paddock is unfair to those of us from outside Cen Div.The 4 day event including the test day is a little much for me time wise.It makes my race weekend a week long with the travel.I won't even bring up the Chief Steward issues from recent years.The Sprints have always been a race I was sorry to miss but that sorry is wearing off.The Cen Div FF guys are the best and I truly will miss the tough competition.Maybe next year, maybe not.I hope some of the issues change and I hope someday I will be able compete there again.

I feel you pain. The line is it is a great race. I too think the paying for padock space is a bit over the top. But after seeing the actions
    of one hotshot person of the host region, it seems that this cost will keep us for dealing with this [sort of fendered jerk] I want the Mike Sauce's there. It makes for good talk the whole year. As far as the stewards ... Give me a break and remove your thumb from my back. Call the race and do not try to find a reason that YOUR name is is the race report more than the people trying to put on a good show and enjoy themselves. This being said I challange anyone to compare going through the kink rocketing onto the back straight eyes wide open and tell me that they were not happy to have made it. It does not matter how you finish but that you finished. I felt this way from my first Sprints in 1996. My advice is ""don't let bastards get you down" and run. "The glass is half full" [and yes you can test it] MK

Liked: 35

June Sprints: My first time there back in '77 I was so un-nerved when a pack of fast qualifiers (weitzenhof, hackbarth, evans) blasted by me coming out of the carrousel I drove off the outside of the exit and a amall boulder took a rear corner off my Crossle 20. Almost two dozen times entered and the best I had to show for it was 11th place. Also several bent cars and blown engines. This year will be the second straight year I'll miss the show due to schedule-too bad as the F500 pairing is much more attractive than FM. It's sort of like beating your head against a wall (stewards, reserved paddock, etc.) that it feels good when you stop. But there's something about those long June days and 4 greenlined miles of a track that seems to go on forever. Hope to see some of you there for the Kettle EWC. Meantime give my regards to the gang at Siebkens. Tony

You guys should consider yourselves very lucky. Out west we have nothing like the Sprints. You guys also get the runoffs as well. Our nationals don't have the FC turnouts your regionals do. I understand the pain of having to pay but you guys do get to really play!!!!! Thank god we've got such good weather
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Thread Information