Liked: 1

Default Time to sell my FV for something with fenders

Hi
    I have a 1978 PSR Formula Vee Chassis 001, it's the only one known to still exist. I had fun with it for 3 years and I'm looking for something with fenders. The Vee is a Lynx clone but the PSR uses 4x4 frame where the Lynx used 4x2, lots of new parts, lots of spares, Spare mid and rear body panel, lots of spare heads, new dash and gauges, new fire system as of 2011, belts good til 15, new fuel cell, new brakes.
    The car runs strong, the only issue is it needs a front crank seal, it leaks under load.
    Looking to sell as a complete package, spares and all.
    Asking $6350 OBO If you have a race car with fenders to trade lets talk.
    Please call me @ (513) 658- five three two two
    Thanks
    Sean

Liked: 95

Default PSR

Out of curiousity was there baby blue paint somewhere on the frame or bodywork when you had the car apart?? I know a little history which may be fun to know especially if it was baby blue underneath. I thought that car ended up in Chicago area. If it was baby blue I did some research while I had the car including talking to the original constructor. Yes he is famous. Are you curious yet??
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Liked: 1115

Quote Originally Posted by racecarguy1968 View Post
    I'm looking for something with fenders.
    Don't do it. You'll be sorry.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

granted i have not read a rule book since like 1989 but isn't the largest tube allowed dimensioned at 2x4?

Liked: 304

4" max, so 4x4 OK

Default PSR 001

Yes it was a baby blue color when I got it.
    Its a good car. just wanting something with fenders.

put fenders on it?

Default More PSR News

Well thanks to another Apex member putting me on track with Brian Stewart ( yes the S in PSR) he has verified that this is one of the cars he made. The year is still up in the air, if it is the PSR 001 it is a 1972, because that is the only year Alec Purdy (the P in PSR) and he built cars together. Brian made a few FV;s later, but the steering wheel had the BSR (Brian Stewart racing) logo on it not the PSR like this one.

interesting...........................haven't seen Brain in decades but i raced against his TSR Taylor Stewart Racing rental Vee aka Altona (?) in 70? 71? and later bought parts from him to finish off a TSR FV in 72............but your car looks nothing like what they were running at that time

anyway can you not convert your car into one of those new proposed SR classes?

Liked: 200

Quote Originally Posted by provamo View Post
    interesting...........................haven't seen Brain in decades but i raced against his TSR Taylor Stewart Racing rental Vee aka Altona (?) in 70? 71? and later bought parts from him to finish off a TSR FV in 72............but your car looks nothing like what they were running at that time

anyway can you not convert your car into one of those new proposed SR classes?
    Just to iron out some of these details...the TSR is a Canadian built car, and there is currently one running by Doug Switzer in vintage in Ontario. There are 2 Altona's left that I know of (different car than the TSR), which were built by Horst Kroll. We own and run one of them, the other one is up in the Ottawa area. The Altona body was based off the TSR, which is why they look similar.

The PSR ('72) came after the TSR ('68) and the Altona ('70)
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Default Keeping the vee

We'll thanks to all of you who posted, I have tracked down Brian and he found the original owner of my car! He verified that my vee is indeed PSR 001 and found out that the information I was given that it was a 1978 was wrong, it is a 1972. So that being said I'm thinking of taking it our of its current configuration and going back to most of the way it was in 72 and going vintage racing! I guess I have to give up the slicks and get some treaded tires, install a generator and fan, but I'm keeping the zero roll!
    Thanks again to everyone who posted and PMed me so I could find out the history of my car.

Liked: 1115

Excellent news!
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

agreed..great news

it will be interesting to learn if a stock cooling fan housing fits beneath your bodywork

It should the rear is the same as the lynx

Quote Originally Posted by racecarguy1968 View Post
    We'll thanks to all of you who posted, I have tracked down Brian and he found the original owner of my car! He verified that my vee is indeed PSR 001 and found out that the information I was given that it was a 1978 was wrong, it is a 1972. So that being said I'm thinking of taking it our of its current configuration and going back to most of the way it was in 72 and going vintage racing! I guess I have to give up the slicks and get some treaded tires, install a generator and fan, but I'm keeping the zero roll!
    Thanks again to everyone who posted and PMed me so I could find out the history of my car.

I would make sure that you will be vintage legal to whatever club you are going to run in. I believe that Monoposto rules are up to 1970 for Formula Vee.

Also, I can tell you for sure that zero roll is not allowed in vintage. The car has to be as it was built in 1970. You MIGHT be able to get away with calling it a 1970, but I would definitely ask the right people before you go ahead with the investment of retrofitting it.
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Default racing

Thanks for the advice, I have raced with HSR and SVRA, they are happy to have you at their events. Not really into monoposto, played that game years ago with a Lotus 18, too much of a pain. If Monoposto wants increasing participents they may want to update their rules since pre-1970 vehicles are getting more rare, and the good ones are expensive so owners don't want to risk them on track.
    ( I remember when pontoon fender Ferrari's and Birdcage Maserati's were on track, today the only time you really see them is at Moteray Ca.)

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by AVR_Shane View Post
    We own and run one of them, the other one is up in the Ottawa area.
    It's in Belleville now.

Quote Originally Posted by bandi View Post
    It's in Belleville now.
    Is it / Are you going to be racing this year?
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Quote Originally Posted by AVR_Shane View Post
    Is it / Are you going to be racing this year?
    I *REALLY* hope to be.

That Altona was with Mike in Ottawa. Do you know if he sold the 2 Chinooks as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Szikora View Post
    That Altona was with Mike in Ottawa. Do you know if he sold the 2 Chinooks as well?
    As I understand it, yes. He sold everything he had as a batch, and it was split up to two different people...as I understand it...no idea where the Chinooks ended up and/or if they will be making the track any time soon
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

did the Fejers make Chinook FVs in addition to their F5000 cars?

if so, when?

Thread Information