Liked: 35

Default Immediate Full Time Position Open

We are looking for an experienced Formula, Sports Racing and GTP mechanic for our growing customer base. We care for some extremely nice historic cars with heavy pedigrees. We restore and prepare cars in house and provide track support for their owner/drivers at tracks throughout North America. Hours are 9 to 5, five days a week except for race weekends. We will do as many as 18 race weekends in a year. We are looking for a motivated self starter, one who can work without supervision and has some fabrication experience. Must have tools. If you want to work on and race Formula One, Can Am and Indy cars in addition to Formula Fords and Atlantics, please call or email with resume.

Robert Metcalf
    Metcalf Racing
    metcalfracing.com
    972-494-3434 office
    214-298-9837 cell
    robert@metcalfracing.com

Liked: 67

Robert, you had a nice spread with some beautiful cars at COTA!
    -Peter Krause
    1984 Tiga SC
    www.peterkrause.net
    "The Driver is the Greatest Performance Variable in the Racing Equation"

Thank you, Peter. I appreciate the compliment. We finished well with the 23 and the Lotus 79 F1 car. How was your weekend? Any chance you are looking for a job?

Liked: 67

Quote Originally Posted by true racer View Post
    Thank you, Peter. I appreciate the compliment. We finished well with the 23 and the Lotus 79 F1 car. How was your weekend? Any chance you are looking for a job?
    My weekend was great!

I led the Sports 2000 cars until the last lap after a great battle and won the class for older Sports 2000 cars. Finished 7th overall in Group 7 with a car with half the horsepower and half the tire of the FIA Group 6 2-Liter sports cars.

I sold my prep shop seven years ago to operate this current business successfully, BTDT, but I will recommend your opening to people who inquire...
    -Peter Krause
    1984 Tiga SC
    www.peterkrause.net
    "The Driver is the Greatest Performance Variable in the Racing Equation"

Liked: 1

Robert

How did Doc do out in Texas, and I need another set of Goodyears.

Todd
    Woodbine, Ga.

PS... And your signature in my copy of your book since you didn't make the last time around.

Default SVRA "Runnoffs"

Hi Todd,

We took the Lotus 79 and the 23B to COTA and had a great race weekend with SVRA. Things went smoothly there and Doc finished second to Chris Bender's Williams FW08. With the 23, he won the Sports Racer class after having a big battle with one of the V8 cars. Had big tire marks down the left side of the car! It was a really great week and SVRA and COTA both did a great job.

Sorry that I didn't get to Atlanta last year. We had a last minute change of plan. Send me a PM or call about the tires and book. I look forward to connecting with you again.

Robert Metcalf
    972-494-3434

Thread Information