Liked: 0

Default Brabham BT21B Help

History question, I bought a BT21B31 that I am chasing history, What I have been told by Fred the likely history is, It came into US via Fred Opert, first owner ? 2nd Dale Lange 3rd Joe Grimaldi. My question is Joe still around and if so can anyone please put me in touch. Regards

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

I believe both Dale and Joe are still with us but it has been decades since I saw Joe. At that time he was living on Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
    Saw Dales son Eric within a few years, he is , or was at that time, active in historics in both Atlantic cars and I seem to recall he drove someones 3 liter F1 car a few times in historic races.
    He has lived in new York City at various times but no idea where he might be now.
    So not much help but it will be interesting to see if Grimaldi is still around, I ran FB cars out of his shop in New Jersey 1971-2-3.

Liked: 530

Would Grimaldi by any chance be related to the family of the famous Grimaldi's pizza in NYC? Maybe order a pizza and strike up a conversation..

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Its only 6.00am in the morning here too early for Pizza.....or are you serious....I love humour....

ApexSpeed Photographer Dennis Valet's Avatar
    Liked: 60

I can't help, but please god post pictures!

to Michael Rand, I found Joe and he was very helpful. I am nearly there with the whole history.

There is one more I'm now chasing Dick Barbour, as he too was an owner at one time, but can't seem to get in touch with him through his web site or phone #

Any clues.

as I'm new to all this, what FB car did you run?

to Charles Warner, thank you have been in constant contact with Dale.

Liked: 1

Default I need to see it!

To DocWatto

Please paste a picture of this bucket and tell everyone about your European adventure.
    Sorry I mean......
    Please past a bucket load of pictures and then tell everyone about your European adventure. ha:

Here is Docwatto's beast.
    This shot by Ground Sky photography was taken in New Zealand at the NZFRM Chris Amon festival about 2 years before Watto purchased her.
    Spectacularly beautiful!

Liked: 94

I believe that this car was bought from Fred Opert and campaigned by Russ Freed. It sounds like you have been in contact with Russ but if you need any help getting information, Russ and I are good friends and I'll be glad to help in any way I can. Beautiful car.
    Matt Rehm
    1997 Citation FV #10
    1997 Citation FV #16

G'day Lucky, Russ was away working but is getting back to me when he returns. It has been a fun experience chasing the history alas it now just about done.

The car under went a full resto again in New Zealand before I bought it so it is pretty speeecccial....

Ps Thanks Griffo and for his benefit I'll try and figure out how to post 2 of my favourite photo's 1st Pit Crew in NZ 2nd 4th car inside line 3 my FF a Royale RM31M

Attachment 42122

Attachment 42123

Attachment 42124

Yes, Yes, Yes……One of my favourite images that one.
    Just a shame it wasn't me in place of you Watto!

Default Fred Harris

Hi all, I am almost there on the history of my car, I have it as a BRG being re-sold from Fred Opert March 1970, he thinks he got the car from Fred Harris. does any one know where Fred Harris is I understand originally in the 60's NYC. I understand privacy so either email me direct or give my details to him. Regards Watto

Default Finding Fred Harris

Guys,

There are 70 + Fred Harris's in New York I have rung them all with zero joy. I have been in touch with SCCA and nothing. I found out re married or remarried in late 1990's and sold his business Automated Concepts in 2001. The business has subsequently been sold for a 3rd time so no clues there.

Liked: 94

Quote Originally Posted by Docwatto View Post
    Guys,

There are 70 + Fred Harris's in New York I have rung them all with zero joy. I have been in touch with SCCA and nothing. I found out re married or remarried in late 1990's and sold his business Automated Concepts in 2001. The business has subsequently been sold for a 3rd time so no clues there.
    Divorced, remarried, sold the business......I'm guessing he's living in Florida!
    Matt Rehm
    1997 Citation FV #10
    1997 Citation FV #16

Default to Lucky13

Mate, you make me smile, most of all the old racers that I have been speaking with are there.......Ok I start ring all the Fred Harris's in Florida

Keep up the good work.....the humour I mean

Thread Information