Liked: 151

Default New Jersey Thunderbolt

Quick highlights

Saw a B-17 take off and land three times.

Learned about NJ gas dispensing

Old tires have no grip.

I bought shorts temps mid 50's

George set a new FST record here Not too shabby either

Sunday should be better
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 10.20.13 at 10:19 PM.

Liked: 190

Default Photo from RGU

Here is a couple of shots from RGU with George Podgorski from this past weekend at a Regional at NJ Motorsports Park (Thunderbolt).

This is impound with a few interested onlookers.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 08.01.16 at 12:38 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 151

Default NJMP

Thanks for posting these Bill. It was astounding how many folks came around and asked about the car this weekend. I gave out a number of FFDA business cards so lets see if we get some inquires. For those who have never been at NJMP it is a fantastic facility. They have enough Paddock space to host a big event like the runoffs and plenty of motels rooms nearby.

I talking with various people no one thought that the track themselves were terribly technical but the were more than adequate. Great viewing for watching races too. The only bad part is you need to get around Philly if you are coming from the North. Two racers shared their closely guarded secrets on avoiding the Schuylkill with me and I was able to get back to Rochester in just about 6 hours.

So for our expanding number of NE racers---how about a NE series race in Jersey?

Our constraints were our own and natures. Saturday it was not as promised. Cold and blustery. The sun returned Sunday but if was in the mid 40's in the morning. George basically decided to use old tires and keep the new ones for next season. This kind of forced us to do more chassis tuning than usual as the Evo is normally a set it and go car. As for the event itself that's another post --maybe tonight.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 10.21.13 at 9:04 PM.

Contributing Member Terry Hanushek's Avatar
    Liked: 59

George

Thanks for posting these Bill. It was astounding home many folks came around and asked about the car this weekend. I gave out a number of FFDA business cards so lets see if we get some inquires. For those who have never been at NJMP it is a fantastic facility. They have enough Paddock space to host a big event like the runoffs and plenty of motels rooms nearby.
    Thanks for coming to The Jerk at NJMP. I believe that you are the first FST we have Had our track. I'm glad we've been 'discovered'. Thanks for the kind words about our track.

So for our expanding number of NE racers---how about a NE series race in Jersey?
    We would pleased to host a round of the 2014 Hoosier Formula First Championship Series. Let us know how we can help.

Terry

Thread Information