Liked: 39

Default Lola serial number question

A friend of mine is restoring a Lola T90/00 with serial number HU02. I know that T90 means it is a 1990 chassis and the 00 means it is an Indy car. Two questions: what does the HU in the serial number mean (Huntingdon maybe)? And does HU02 mean it was the second chassis made by Lola that year or the second Indy car chassis (or something else)?
    Thanks

Liked: 285

Might want to check with the unofficial Lola Registry, found here. While this website doesn't explain the HU numbers, I'm sure emailing them could get you an answer.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Liked: 83

Default HU

It means it was the second chassis made as a T90/00. I have a T-540, HU-55. I've searched and researched this a bit, with both the official and unofficial registries and that's what I'm convinced of. When they started a new model, they would start with HU-1 for that model. So, there are many HU-1 chassis, but only one HU-01 for a T-540, for instance.

Check this site also and feel free to send a note to Gerald in the UK but it may take him a while to get back to you. While you're there, be sure to go ahead and register your own car!

http://www.lolaheritage.co.uk/history/history.htm

David

Liked: 15

Default Lola serial number question

To add, if there was a sub-model in the series (like my old T644) then they are included as well. T644hu05 vs T644Ehu09
    Man will race anything. It's in his blood. His Soul. He must.

Kurtis C. Shirley MacLane FV (sold), Lola T644HU05 (sold), Murray FK1 FST (sold), Vector MG-95FF (sold), PRS 82F (sold), Lola T644HU02 (sold), Lola T340-HU110

Liked: 2

Default lola

The HU on lola tags does stand for there factory Location of Huntington. The eariler cars like the T70 , The 140/142 series were built in Slough and those tags show "SL"

Contributing Member Jonathan Hirst's Avatar
    Liked: 4

And the ones before that were BR from the Bromley location.
    ---------------------------------
    Ferret Industries Archival site
    Ferret Industries on Facebook
    Basement Bookshelf FF/CF Scanned article Archive

Thread Information