Liked: 0

Reynard F-2000, 1984 with full 1986 specs, plus many updates.

Less than 2 hours on freshened Marcovici & Wenz motor and Hewland. MDS ignition. Super-strong chassis and frame, never broken or bent. 3 sets Compomotives, one with mounted rains. Gears for autocross to Pocono, and everything in between. Many spares including shocks, springs, others.

Holder of several "short track" lap records. Fully sorted and ready for drivers school, regionals, solo I, solo II. COMPLETE CAR: $7000 OBO.

Phone Ed for more info at 607-535-4237. NOTE: My private messaging does not seem to be working, so please telephone. Thanks.

bump

Where are you located?

Upstate New York - a little town named Watkins Glen. Perhaps you have heard of it . . . . .

Cosi:

I'm new to Formula Continentals, shopping for a car. Can you (and others, please!) tell me if this is a car that I could run competetively in CFC in SCCA regional road racing? Also, is the car suited for a tall driver?
    Thanks!
    Bernard

Liked: 3787

An '84 is one of the best beginner cars ever built. Great mechanical grip. A pure joy in the rain. And can be tweeked to be fairly fast. An '84 was third in this year's SARRC Championship.

Depending on the placement of the square tubing that crosses the chassis at the top of the fuel cell, I have seen 6'5" guys fit in legally.

Gee..... I only wish that were true (not meaning to take anything away fron Mark) an '84 finished the season in 2nd place in CFC in the SARRC! So...... they can compete well in CFC as the fields stand now.

If you were to put them up against a mid-90's VD, Tatuus, whatever, however,....... I would lean towards a later model Reynard.

Our '88's ran amongst these cars this season, and proved capable of beating them on some of those race days.

As they say....."On any day"
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Hello, Bernard, and welcome to FC / F-2000!

Thanks for your inquiry on our 1984-86 Reynard.

And kind thanks to Froggie for helping our cause!

This car won outright the RCCA FC Championship (centering around the metro New York area) in 1995, competing against much newer Van Diemens, Swifts, and Reynards. If anything, it is quicker still today, due to additional development.

A big advantage for anyone just entering the FF / FC arena, is that the car is EASY:
    * EASY to set up.
    * EASY to work on (relatively).
    * EASY to drive, being very forgiving.
    * EASY in the sense of being very reliable and consistant.

You asked about a tall driver - I am 6' tall and weigh in at 220. If you have more height or particularly long legs, the pedals can be adjusted to provide more reach.

Also, do not be fooled by the $ 7000 price tag - two short years ago, it would have sold for over $ 10,000 - this damn economy . . .

Further questions, call Ed 607-535-4237.

Sorry Cosi, didn't mean to make it sound like I was blasting you/your car [img]redface.gif[/img]

Like Frog says, the cars can be tweaked to perform if you put your whole into it!

And the Reynards are good cars too.
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Liked: 1

Didn't Brian Burke pick up a first last year at the ARRC (2002) in an 84 Raynard FC?

David Keep

Cosi:
    Thanks for the thorough response (and a big "thank you" to all you other guys who responded!). I'm already a bit "hooked," try to do my homework on CFC in a hurry. The obvious question: do you have a photo? If so, please e-mail it to me at paulsen1@pacbell.net. Thank you!
    With kind regards,
    Bernard
    Bernard

Bernard,

An email is on the way to you. Thanks again,
    Cosi

I know Bernard is first, but if he does not take it, we would at least like a chance to look.

Do you have any pictures that you could post?

Thanks from RacePro Engineering.

Hello, RacePro,
    Thanks for the inquiry. I have no digital images, but shall be pleased to provide "real" 35mm photographs if you furnish a mailing address. You can email to diLago10@aol.com or phone 607-535-4237. Ed.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

The 83/4 Reynard has a well-deserved reputation as a superb regional car. It is easy to work on, easy to drive, and not finicky about the set-up being precise. A good driver in this car will embarass a lot of average drivers in far more expensive cars!

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Larry,

Thanks for the helpful words of encouragement.

It is one thing for the owner to say it -- and something else entirely for a Professional in the FORMULA CAR BUSINESS to say it, too.

We appreciate your support!!

-Ed

Cosi,
    Thanks for the photos - it looks very promising.
    We have a couple of our customers interested. I know you are taking inquiries "in order", but let us know how things are progressing. We do not want to lose the chance on this.
    RacePro Engineering

Just a reminder that my PM (private messaging) does not work most of the time. If anyone has sent messages this way, kindly resend via email to diLago10@aol.com. Thanks.

Also, RacePro Engineering, check your email.

Cosi

bump!

I just sold my F-A Ralt and I am looking to buy A FC car I can fit into. I am 6'3" with very wide shoulders. Please send me some pictures of your car and spares

Livy,
    You have regular email.
    Cosi

Thread Information