Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Hey guys, we're hoping for a big turnout at Lime Rock on the 10th. There is a test day there on Tuesday the 6th which I'm planning to attend. On Friday, there is a NYR Driver's School. Bob Lutz and I will be there all day Friday. Look us up when you get there - find my red Citation-Zink No. 63. Bob, Steve and I are planning to block out some paddock space (not an easy task at Lime Rock!!) at the back of Paddock B. When you come down the hill, hang a tight left and take your third right - that's the third of four paved driveways into the grassy Paddock B area - a nice place to be! So far, we've booked a small band, some dancers, and a caterer - all included with your $10 NEC "Decal Purchase/Entry Fee" of course. We're also planning to have simultaneous showings at 8PM and 10 PM of "LeMans" and "Grand Prix" on 40' wide screens. Bring some popcorn!!! Hey, the EWC has nothing on us!!! See you there.

[size="1"][ May 02, 2003, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: John Merriman ][/size]

Liked: 8

Hi John:

I started to list all the drivers that I thought had a good chance to show in both classes and my count was up to 22.

Have you gotten any numbers for the NYR registrar?

One week and counting!

Best Wishes,

Greg Kokolus
    NCF #56
    PRS RH-01
    Phila Region

Greg - No car counts yet but I can say that the FF/CF Group last summer at LRP was 27 cars!! Needless to say, that makes for a very interesting run into Big Bend on Lap One!! We're hoping for a big turnout and a great race.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

The on-line registration through the NESCCA website lets you see how many are registered in each race group. As of noon on Friday May 2, the count is 18 for Group 3 (FF, CF, NCF). I don't know how up to date this is, but at least we have an idea of where we stand. I also noted that there are 49 entries for Group 6 (ITS, SPec Miata) which means some shuffling will probably take place. Hopefully, we can keep our own race group!

Liked: 73

We have 10 NARRC Club Fords
    11 FFs
    As of this morning.

Our own race group, #3 !!
    Should be pretty sweet.
    JD
    Zink Z10

Contributing Member

I suppose there will actually be more than 21 total Fords this since that is only the count from on-line registration. This should be a really fun event with that kind of car count!!!!

Liked: 157

Bob,

Am i right in entering as a FF if I want to work towards the CF unlimited tire class points? As I see it I am tied for first ( with an unknown number of guys) with zero points in CF. Only NCF and FF entries were present at NEC1.

Steve

Liked: 73

Steve,
    I believe Bob and John are taking care of keeping track of the unlimited CF, along with all, points.
    WDC region's CF is a spec tire series, they don't have a NCF or CFF designation.

Congrats on being tied for 1st

JD
    JD
    Zink Z10

PRELIMINARY REPORT ON NEC-2 AT THE New York Region's "SCHOOL'S OUT REGIONAL" AT LIME ROCK PARK-----------------------------------------

A field of 30 cars registered for NEC-2 and the Qualifying Sessions and Races took place in spectacular late-spring New England weather. The field assembled for Race Group 3 (out of 9 Race Groups) consisted of 12 NCF cars on NARRC Series Spec Tires, 1 CF car and 17 FF cars. Top Qualifyier was Art Foster in a VanDieman RF00 in a time of 55.3 and avg. speed of 99.59 mph on Lime Rock's 1.53 mile course. First qualifyer in NCF was Glenn Taylor in a PRS RHO1 in 56.7 seconds, avg. speed of 97.13 mph. NEC Series organizers Bob Lutz and John Merriman were very pleased with the turnout and glad to see almost every car on the grid had NEC decals prominently displayed. Race results and further race day information to follow.

Contributing Member

In regards to Steve Roux's question on how to register as a CF (unlimited), all of the regions hosting an NEC event have been asked to list all three classes in the supps. This was the case at LRP where Group 3 was FF, NCF and CF.

There was a small inconsistency in the Supps where the first line said Club Ford on unlimited tires must run as FF. But this was the standard NARRC supps that are used and apply to NARRC points as opposed to the NEC.

Please let either John or I know if you will be running as a CF but registered otherwise so that we can be sure to get you properly credited for the NEC.

Thread Information