Liked: 84

Default USF1000 2014 schedule??

Wondering if any dates are confirmed for 2014? Can I suggest one at the winter Majors in Florida?? Florida has the largest number of FB cars in the country.......
    Also I was thinking if there was a play to do some regional races for the series since there is now a path to the runoffs through regional races. Might be able to get solo races and spend less money than a Majors weekend.....just a thought
    "If you're not driving on the edge you're taking up too much space.... "

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default I've been pretty busy in the garage

but I thought I saw where the Quad Nat's or whatever they are going by this month (Sebring and the very next week PBIR) will both be MAJORS...

Contributing Member crowe motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Default Florida Winter Majors Tour

We should have a good F1 field for the Florida Winter Majors tour.

Two Majors race weekends back to back and Palm Beach is just a few hours south of Sebring. Many transporters from all over typically head to these annual events. Front Range Motorsports out of Denver was there last year. So check with your prep shops and have them bring your car down to Florida.

I plan to attend both weekends.

So who is in? Crowe, Cooper, Beattie, Paul, Bell, Lane, ?

Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

Our current plan is to have all the races in 2014 be part of the Majors.

That may mean that we will start the season earlier than we did this year. I would like to get our schedules finalized before the end of Oct.

Liked: 702

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Copeland View Post
    Our current plan is to have all the races in 2014 be part of the Majors.
    It is?
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Liked: 23

Default Quad Nats

Quote Originally Posted by crowe motorsports View Post
    We should have a good F1 field for the Florida Winter Majors tour.

Two Majors race weekends back to back and Palm Beach is just a few hours south of Sebring. Many transporters from all over typically head to these annual events. Front Range Motorsports out of Denver was there last year. So check with your prep shops and have them bring your car down to Florida.

I plan to attend both weekends.

So who is in? Crowe, Cooper, Beattie, Paul, Bell, Lane, ?

Going to do on or both- depending on work. There is also George in Bill Wald's Stohr, William Falatik at PBIR... I hope I spelled William's name right.

I think the plan for us in the west is to run all our events with the Majors.

Can't even imagine why we wouldn't.

I sort of layed out why there might be a slight possibility that you wouldn't:

1) you can now qualify for the run offs running regionals.
    2) lower entry costs. (and other misc costs)
    3) possibly getting solo FB races if negotiated.
    4) more track time
    5) less crowded and hectic.
    6) more flexibility with scheduling

I'm sure there a bunch more pro's (and I'm sure plenty of cons) but its worth exploring. I'm not saying every event should be a regional but there might be use for a few.
    For instance running a Leguna regional so people can get some track time before the runoffs or maybe running a bad ass track that isn't on the majors schedule, etc.

Liked: 702

Everything JP said. Plus, we didn't this year and had some good feedback.

I think what I'm trying to say is that it's too early to say what "we'll" be doing and there has been ZERO discussion about it, despite what Thomas says.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

www.gyrodynamics.net

Yeah Thomas butt out of East Coast business before this turns Biggie/Tupac on your ass. Lol

Liked: 285

I think you might find that on the West Coast, there were fewer entrants at Majors than many regionals (heck the largest region in the west, San Francisco, didn't have any Majors, because they ran a 14 race regional schedule).

Racing in the US is very regionalized -- what's popular in one part of the country, can be rare in another part -- it's a big place.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
    Yeah Thomas butt out of East Coast business before this turns Biggie/Tupac on your ass. Lol
    Well, I certainly didn't plan on getting into a Biggie/Tupac showdown!!

But looking at the West schedule I see this:

Major at Portland (definitely doing)
    Major in San Francisco Region TBD (definitely doing-Probably going to be at TH)
    Major at COTA (most likely doing as another EAST-West shootout) Why not?
    Major at Pacific (mostly likely doing)

That leaves only one slot open. This would be most likely another major. Could return to Miller (if the schedule allows it).

We've done a Laguna regional on the West Coast last two years running and the turnout was only so-so. So I wonder whether it's worth going back again. The race at Sonoma was one that counted towards the runoffs but it saw the lightest turnout in the series history. So I don't know about going back there.

So just by process of elimination it appears most likely we are looking at all Majors next year on the West schedule. That doesn't mean that last slot won't end up being a date other than a major. But it would be great if we could go to a track we haven't been to yet like Auto Club. Also that helps out with the guys that live further South too.

One advantage to a major is they have podium ceremonies at all the Majors. One downside, it probably won't be our sponsors on the backdrop to the podium. But we can do wonders with photo shop. <I meant to put a smiley here>

Also if its true there are less entrants at the Majors in the West then that might translate into more track time (less downtime for incidents).

In the end we will probably do what we did last year. Ask the West Coast drivers for their input before finalizing. But it would be good to sort out the schedule sooner rather than later especially with so much information at hand so soon. Normally we don't get the dates until very late in the year. As far as I can see though, right off the bat, a lot of the schedule looks pretty obvious to me.

PS. West Coast Drivers--send Nicholas and me your input. We will be sending out a questionnaire soon as well.

Liked: 273

Default Laguna and Fontana

Thomas
    I'm fairly certain there will be plenty of turnout for the Laguna venue for the West Coast Series.

That may be the only chance to get some needed track time in prior to the RUNOFFS.

FONTANA MAJORS JAN 17-19
    I really think this should be added to the schedule. For those of you that haven't run here it's a real nice track. The oval is especially fun and super fast. The garages are top notch, and CalClub runs a great program.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

I am hoping that that TBD Major in the San Fran Region is going to be at Laguna. It does make the most sense.

But I'm sometimes confused by the criteria the SF region uses to set it's schedule. So many regionals, so few nationals. Probably the region with the least scheduled nationals in the country. Appears that trend will carry over to Majors scheduling as well.

BTW---Does that post mean you'll be coming to a race if we have it at Laguna? How many are you planning to run next year?

PS - Apparently I'm not allowed to put a moderator on my ignore list---bummer!
    Last edited by Thomas Copeland; 10.09.13 at 9:48 PM.

Contributing Member Terry Hanushek's Avatar
    Liked: 59

JP

I sort of layed out why there might be a slight possibility that you wouldn't:

1) you can now qualify for the run offs running regionals.
    2) lower entry costs. (and other misc costs)
    3) possibly getting solo FB races if negotiated.
    4) more track time
    5) less crowded and hectic.
    6) more flexibility with scheduling
    With regard to 1) above, I suspect that there will be a low limit on the number of qualifiers from regionals / divisionals and possibly not all regionals / divisionals will be eligible for Runoff qualification. Each division will have its own championship series with their own for this qualification.

All of the other points seem reasonable.

Terry

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Wha??????

There's an "ignore list"?
    I'm gonna find out some more 'bout that!

Liked: 273

BTW---Does that post mean you'll be coming to a race if we have it at Laguna? How many are you planning to run next year?
    If that was a question for me...yes I will be at Laguna. I will be at all the Majors in this division.

I don't see Miller as a Major in the Rocky Mountain division (or whatever it's called).
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hanushek View Post
    JP

With regard to 1) above, I suspect that there will be a low limit on the number of qualifiers from regionals / divisionals and possibly not all regionals / divisionals will be eligible for Runoff qualification. Each division will have its own championship series with their own for this qualification.

All of the other points seem reasonable.

Terry
    True ever region will have its own path to the run offs. I'm assuming that most will be have similar points. As per the south east (my division) rules:
    "Note that out-of-division finishes (if any qualify) will be reported to the SEDiv pointskeeper as finishing positions and Majors point scale will be applied when counting such finishes in the SEDiv Championship regardless of the point scale in use at the out-of-division event."

Thread Information