Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 114

Default Two winners today!

JR on the track and Coop in the booth! Prior to the start of the race Coop's commentary made him sound like he had been in a broadcast booth for years. Very informative and eloquent (well except for the T1 comment, but we discussed that over a beer at lunch time ). Once the green flew (1st attempt was a wave off) JR took off and was never headed. I have posted 4 images of the start (1) JR behind Jacek in the ASR (2) he sees an opening between Downing and the JDR (3) my camera is saying "good Lawd, what is he doing!" (4) he and Jacek are already out of sight. Perhaps the statement of the day came from Jacek who had an off course excursion between T1-T2 "I tried following JR through T1 and it didn't work out!" I will now defer to Mr. Cooper himself for any additional race comments since he was in the "driver's seat!"
    Last edited by pepperbowe; 10.10.14 at 9:53 PM.

Default JR

Sweet smell of victory !

Liked: 896

Everyone of us MUST demand that Coop races at Sebring!!!!!
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 896

Congrats JR and crew. That was a hard earned VICTORY!
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Contributing Member
    Liked: 9

Well then ,Glenn I deman you race at Sebring [ hope that helps],,, bobo the large

Liked: 12

Default Grats

JRO Congrats bud!

Doug

Liked: 84

Quote Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
    Goog job JR! Lawrence and I were discussing how low the lap record could go. He said 19's were definately possible.

Jose was in the runoffs winning car. He was renting it for the weekend. He was doing well in practice.....getting used to the car....and getting the car adjusted for him. Unfortunately, there was an issue with the car that slowed him during the race. I guess it was our time to have car issues (ran the whole season without any). Jose is no a joke racer. JR has had to many for sure. Hopefully we can have some head to head battles next year when neither car has issues.

It was difficult not being there.....

Jerry Hodges
    What issues did he have during the race? I was with him and Don before and after and never heard about any issues. I'm pretty sure he had his fastest times of the weekend during the race. Jose is a beast and great guy, we had a lot of fun and laughs (and drinks). That boy is fast, Don said he was going through one faster than Loshak! JR was a man possessed. Jesus Christ could have been in the JHC car and would not have beat him. He was on a totally different level. He cranked out record breaking lap times just about every lap of the race. I think the curse is over!!
    "If you're not driving on the edge you're taking up too much space.... "

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Last edited by glenn cooper; 11.04.13 at 10:12 AM.

Liked: 16

Thanks for all the encouragement guys!!! I really appreciate it. Sometimes no matter how you try in life, things just go wrong. It has been a hugely trying year for me and this kind of race day really helps give justification for all our efforts. After the Runoffs, I did not want anything to do with a race car.

That lasted a whole week. Got with Greg Moon and he bent over backwards to get me an engine to use for the weekend. Tested at High Plains and put in a lot of laps, probably more than I had all year. Got to 1.8 seconds under the track record and knew we had to give the AARC a go.

Practice day went great and got my HRP front wing balance dialed in. Did a 1:20.2 on heavily used tires. Q1 was rained out. Go out in Q2 and I immediately encounter a misfire. Lap sucked.

Changed injectors and car was better in warm up but still not totally right. Changed TPS with about 10 minutes to go before the race. That turned out to be the ticket, engine was flawless.

The conditions were ideal, 60 degrees, no humidity or wind. This was the first time all year that everything was the way it should be on the car and it was pure magic. 142 mph into turn 1 flat in 6th gear. 136 mph at apex and still 131 at compression point of turn. Scary? Hell yes, but the car did it. I could just feel exactly what the tires were doing at all times. Very confidence inspiring. Yes there is more that can be done performance wise, especially with the HRP wings, but I'm proud of that day. Not the Runoffs, but I'll take it.

Big thanks to all the help and encouragement from Greg Moon, Mike Devins, Hoosier Tire, Ted Dale, Brandon Dixon and a lot of you guys to keep me motivated to doing this thing we love/hate.

Have a great off season!!!!

J.R.O

Default JR At Speed

Bet the ride back to Denver was a pleasant one !

Liked: 14

JRO

I don't see a camera mounted anywhere on that Front Range/Hoosier/Moon's/ HRP Citation, I would throw down $$$ to admire that 131mph at compression point.... damn, well done.

Liked: 3787

Highlights of the weekend:

1. Watching JR in the Citation. The last time i was that impressed with a drive at Road Atlanta Mark Donohue was driving the Sunoco Porsche.
    2. Coop was so good on the PA calling the race.
    3. Knowing how far our safety rules have progressed in the past 40 years. Proof was that fellow surviving the "seriously shortened Camaro".
    4. The ARRC again had spectatular weather at one of the greatest tracks in the country. Talk is they are expanding to 4 days next year. If you can't afford the haul west put the ARRC on your calendar.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 9

God willing [supposing he is up there ] i will be there for the runoffs of the east ,or the poor , or the can't get off work that long , or i'm too ugly and fat to go to california ,,, you get the jist,,,,,,,,

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default ARRC Commentary

Hey, I forgot to post up this audio from the ARRC weekend.
    You have to have iTunes, and the "Dropbox" to put this file into in order to hear it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjv5d6bf9v...ntator.mp3.zip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information