Liked: 3

This post is to update people on the Canadian FF Championship race at Limerock on May 23 and 24. I recently had an e-mail exchange with a CFFC official regarding participation by local US FF racers in the Limerock event. The bottom line is that if you have a legal FF1600 and a SCCA dual or pro license you are more than welcome to race with them.
    The Limerock Grand Prix weekend is a big TV and spectator event and you would be sharing the billing with the Trans Am, GT championship, and FF2000 Zetec guys.

The cost break-down for the event is as follows:
    Race entry fee US$485, ID badges US$14/person (max. of 5 per entry), Transponder rental if you dont have an AMB TranX US$52, New set of regulation Hankook Z2000 radials US$485. There is also a series entry fee of US$104 but my impression is that this may be negotiable for 'one time' local racers if there was a good turn-out.

The tentative weekend schedule is Friday : 20 min. practice #1, 20 min. practice #2, 20 min qual.#1. Saturday : 20 min qual.#2, 45min Race.

Fuel : Mobil Super Unleaded from a designated gas station near the track.

There have been recent posts discussing the consistency of the Hankook radial. If one was to take the one time tire cost out of the equation it is not too bad. It may even be possible to aquire some low-time tires from the Canadians.

Is anybody out there seriously considering running this event?
    rod kendall

Liked: 201

The tires will last a long time. We would go a whole weekend on one set and not have them fall off. You will enjoy the standing start.

Liked: 113

We are planning to go to the event and run the rest of the series. If you look closely at the schedule, you will notice that including the race we have over 2 hours of track time. I have paid a lot more for much less track time. If you are considering going, but are hesitant because of the tires, call Jon Adams @ Adams Racing
    (248) 437-9350. I believe we they have some used sets that you can buy (have?).
    I hope we can get a good turnout. It would be nice to see this series come back again and maybe even add another American event

Chris Robson
    Van Diemen RF98
    Chris Robson
    Accelerated Performance Coaching
    http://APCDriving.com

Liked: 0

Chris,

The RCCA always offers almost 2 hours of track time a day for under $200. They race the oval at Thompson and the roadcourses at Pocono.
    Merlyn Driver - MK17 FF

Liked: 4

At the April 19th Pocono Road Course, RCCA had 5 sessions total. Two Pratice, One Timed, One Pole Sprint, One Feature race.

Their 2003 schedule is posted here....

http://www.rcca-1.com/nemz-sched.php

Support your all your local Formula car clubs by bringing the car out and particiapting, or by participating as a worker.
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Liked: 3

I would be interested to know why there has been so little interest in running with the Canadian FF Championship at the Limerock GP. Is it the entry fee, the tire choice, pump gas,..... what?

At what 'price point' would people consider signing up?
    rod kendall

If I was within a thousand miles I would be there.It is the best bang for the buck as far as Pro racing is concerned.Wait till you do a standing start with 30 cars.Anybody that has a FF would absolutely love it.The tires are a little different and take some getting used to but they last.I can't believe there would be any negative discussion about that series.You will be racing in front of spectators.If you race a FF this is the only event of it's kind in the U.S..Don't miss it!

Liked: 113

I agree with Mike.
    I think that this is a great opportunity to run in front of a huge audience, in a well run, professional series on Memorial Day weekend at one of the best tracks in the Northeast! I have nothing against any other series out there. In fact, I am glad to hear that some organizations offer as much, if not more track time. I am, at this stage in my career more interested in racing at top venues, in front of specators, with other events (F1, CART, ALMS) to watch when I am not pounding around the track. I can think of nothing better than to watch Michael Shumacher at Montreal push his Ferrari to the limit, and then be able to drive a race car on the very same track only moments later!
    I would encourage anyone who can, to come out to the event. I read so ofter in this forum how we as FF drivers are short changed and grouped with the FM, FC cars. This race is for FF's only, not all the open wheel cars that happen to be at the event for the weekend. Club Ford drivers, come out too! Past results have shown that the radial tires make a great equalizer when it comes to competitiveness. I think you might be suprised at how far up the field you can get.
    Chris Robson
    Accelerated Performance Coaching
    http://APCDriving.com

Hi Chris,

I hope your new team works out for you. Jon is a very nice GUY. he helped me in TO. last year, I'm great full.

The F1 race in MTL for FF1600 is a no go. The fran-Am guys have taken our spot.

BMG could not secure a title sponsor in time to pay for the event...

Every year the series announces the F1GP as TBD. 2 weeks before the event confirms it. Now that Limerock is on, the chances for the MTL GP is even slimmer.

My 2 Canadian cents = 1 US penny

Shayne

If the Hankook Z2000 Radials are that good souldnt we be using them in CF to bring down cost ????

Tim Lear

Sorry Shayne you are wrong, the GRAND PRIX is definitely ON the CDN FFord schedule !
    Like a roll of toilet paper,
    life goes faster as you near the end.

Thread Information