Liked: 0

Default Ff 1973 mre - sold

Description
    Car has Revolution wheels, a new fire system, fuel cell, rebuilt starter, and steering rack, refinished bodywork with a snorkel, and instrument panel. It has a large cockpit with a custom wide seat, I am 5" 10" & 200+ and I had to put padding on the seat to be in the car tighter to feel what its doing on the track, but still get in & out easily. There is a spare nose, along with two rear one front on Revolution wheels & a radiator, also have the original bodywork( 2 pcs stock without engine cover) and smaller seat. I have many photos of prototypes, and test days(one with Jim Gleave's signature), along with the original sales order form, & the shippers instructions. The car has been in the FRCCA around twenty years. I run this car in this economical club where the spec tires typically last one season. I did find a stamp that I believe is a an SCCA stamp on the rollbar 023 1239. I love this car, it is very forgiving and thrives in tight sections. I felt like I was being held up by the three cars at the bottom of the hill at Summit Pointe Main. I recently saw the driver who won the championship in the car and he said, you can often let go of the wheel when in trouble and have the car correct itself. I intended to keep racing it, but an unadvertised car was offered to me that I can't pass on.

$8,000.00

History
    MRE cars were built in Bourne End England starting in 1973.Jim Gleave owner of Motor Racing Enterprises, a multi faceted race, prep shop had everything from F5000 cars to Mike Tyrell's F3 Ensign being prepared there. A commissioned Canadian designer Max Boxstom was there to draw up a FF car and he based the chassis off of the Brabham BT28/29/30 series cars. From the start of the MRE FF cars were competitive in the right hands. Soon Howden Ganley and Tim Schenken partnered up to buy MRE and turned it into Tiga.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 09.25.13 at 8:11 AM. Reason: add stamp scca info for rollbar

Liked: 1

Built in Bourne End, near Maidenhead, a long way from Bourne! Off to get my anorak!

Liked: 1417

All classified ads need prices, or they will be removed.

$8,000.00 USD - Yes Bourne End England

Default Great car for the larger racer $7,500.00

Reduced $7,500.00 USD

Default Very interested

Rich,

Is the car still available ? Please PM me your number to set-up a viewing... JB

Default well folks

Sale pending.

Default Sold simply the best ApexSpeed

Sold to JB in Fla who is a class act & has several ideas already for the car. I have a hunch he will be very competitive in this car. Hmmm, whats the next Formula Ford, a Tiga, Van Dieman, or Euroswift, the FRCCA will find out soon enough!

Car is sold, correct?

Thread Information