Liked: 218

This just in from the wire -

Formula Ford driver Anders Graff gives up a chance for the victory to perform community service at a regional race at the newly repaved Blackhawk Farms Raceway. Graff carrying a payload of mosquito repellant designed to snuff out the West Nile virus at Blackhawk Farms Raceway, notorious for its mosquito population, started releasing the chemical halfway through the race on Sunday. Lap after lap, the chemical haze would settle in the swamp area between corners 5 and 7, obviously obliterating the mosquito population. Graff still managed to finish second, even with the obvious weight penalty. All racers that plan on running Blackhawk Farms this year owe a vote of thanks to Mr. Graff for his unselfish attempt to save us from mosquitoes and the deadly West Nile virus.

PS - AJ this is totally tongue-in-cheek and my unsubtle attempt at humor. You drove a great race and I hope don't have any problems stemming from the "leak" or whatever it was. The engine still sounded fine at the end.

BTW - It was Bill Bergeron 1st, Anders Graff 2nd, Allen Wheatcroft (in his first race) 3rd and Ron Valine 4th after leading most of the race (I didn't see Ron go off, so I'm not sure what happened there)
    Competition One Racing
    racer6@mchsi.com

Liked: 0

Perhaps Mr Graff should re-name his car the Exxon Valdeze. .
    Murray Chalmers Miss Lola's kept man.

AAAHHHH!!! That is great!

I am bowing, really!

I went totally James Bond. That smoke screen was the most amazing thing I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing. It got so bad in turns 3 and 6 that I had to take a deep breath before both turns because the cockpit filled with smoke. I actually couldn't see at a couple of points!

I was going to pull off like a sane human being, but, heh, I had oil pressure, so... turns out the oil filler cap came off, and the valve cover bolts came out, so... poof.

All that after (In qualifying) I stuffed the car through the tire wall in 3 due to a brake line leak, bent the left front arms, bent them and the crush box back into place a la foot and a hammer, AND had to run on tires that sat in my dad's garage all winter... Man, I'm glad that's over!

Thank you for the glowing comments, Mr. Stadel! I'm laughing my butt off, too, now.

VERY IMPORTANTLY: I couldn't have made it through the weekend without the effort and expertise of Bruce Lindstrand and Lindstrand Motorsports. Their tireless effort and sporting spirit put and kept my Van Damage on the track. I need to acknowledge that, and thank them, resoundingly.

PS: I'd pay money for pictures!

Oh boy,

-anders "andy" graff

[size="1"][ April 29, 2003, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: anders johan graff ][/size]

Liked: 1870

Most people attempt to blind them with their brilliance.

Andy settled for just blinding them! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, it was bad, man.

I came up behind some Vee's, passed one or two, turned, and those poor guy's must have darn near died. (Literally, from the fumes.)

The corner workers said I didn't spill a drop on the track. No kidding.

Hey, I cleared all the foliage, gnats, and skeeters, at Blackhawk for the National this weekend.

The best part of the entire race was the turtle that crossed the track. It took 3 laps before he made it all the way across, but, he made it! Every car avoided him.

-Andy "Deep Woods Off" Graff

!

Thread Information