Liked: 18

Default Final FRCCA event

The final race in the FRCCA battle will happen at the Summit Point Raceway in West Virginia on November 9th & 10th. ALL Formula drivers are invited. No need to change anything and you will be racing with others of similair design no F/V's in a "Winged" class! We know that is just not right. Each classification will be recognized. Additional info VIA Andy Graham @ 201-665-8682.

Liked: 11

Big track or Shenandoah??

Jim

Default Track names

FV07 I was under the impression that EVERYONE knew that the Summit Point Raceway is the "Big Track" while the Shenandoah Course is the SC. BUT the long version of the SC is one tenth of a mile longer! Bill Scott put all his favorite turns into the SC, very challenging but some drivers do not like it, they state the walls are too close, why are they looking at the walls? don't they know "what you look at is what you hit?" The races on the 9th & 10th will be on the original Summit Point track - The big one - the older one - Summit Point Raceway at the Summit Point Motorsports Park, the track that is 2 miles in lenght. The layout that the MARRS series uses, I am just having fun explaining this with a NY attitude (LOL)

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1906

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Pug View Post
    I am just having fun explaining this with a NY attitude (LOL)
    Um,....That would be a New Rochelle attitude to be exact. Just one notch down from a Long

Island attitude I think.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 27

Bud since you brought it up. The walls ARE too close and I never noticed it till a so called competitor punted me into one backwards ! There is very little runoff especially running the track backwards like you guys do. BTW the corner workers were shocked to see us running backwards on that tight track.
    God is my pilot, I'm just the loose nut behind the wheel !

Liked: 13

Default who decides

First the overtking car is resposible for a safe pass. Second when the FRCCA used Bridgehampton in the CCW direction many drivers in other clubs thought it was wrong and an insurance company sent in a track inspector who stated "the CCW direction is SAFER then the original CW direction" So why are you listening to a corner worker? Finally, Bill Scott designed a very challenging course (Shenandoah) ON purpose!

Liked: 27

When the overtaking car is hit in the left rear wheel by the right front wheel of the (almost) passed car who's fault is that ???? I talked to the corner worker as I was waiting for the wrecker to haul my mangled car back to my trailer. Nuff said bout that !
    God is my pilot, I'm just the loose nut behind the wheel !

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1906

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Chevy View Post
    When the overtaking car is hit in the left rear wheel by the right front wheel of the (almost) passed car who's fault is that ???? I talked to the corner worker as I was waiting for the wrecker to haul my mangled car back to my trailer. Nuff said bout that !

Kind of has nothing to do with a track layout.

Here's my take on walls or other solid objects close to the racing surface. I raced Pro Atlantic when it was something. Some races were on street courses lined with jersey barriers . You either respected the "hard stuff" or you went home earlier than the guy that won the race.

Disclaimer: I came from the RCCA where an orange cone that was designated as a solid object would end your practice, Qualifying or feature race if you even touched it!
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Pop Chevy View Post

no matter whos fault that was SCARY to see! We can be happy everyone was ok.
    Better to have raced for a day...
    than been a spectator for life!

Default Challenges

The racers that came through the Original Club Ford, RCCA or FRCCA classes were subjected to many challenges and Chuck Napoli summed it up with a statement of "No matter what challenges are thrown at us we overcome them and become better drivers while having FUN" There were CW & CCW races on the Same weekend, we had Ovals and even an Oval under the lights. We had make believe walls that could take you out of a race even though your racecar was not hurt, just your pride and sometimes really mad but the end result is that many good drivers were developed. Blind turns without a "RESET BUTTON" - Long live the memory of the "Bridge" I am pleased at how many members are still invovled and respected.

Liked: 13

Default More entrees

Many of the points battles are not settled, hopefully that will bring a full FRCCA field plus, I think we may see some of the SCCA drivers from the area, as they had a fun race and enjoyed "Pack" racing. If they really want a pack, they will be pleasantly surprised when they race with the FRCCA.

Thread Information