Liked: 47

Default Watkins Glen-Last Chance to have Vee only Sunday race!

We are excited to announce that there has been a major development concerning the Vee Autumn Challenge Cup Series schedule.
    Series principal Ray Carmody, working with the organizers of the Last Chance (Watkins Glen International - Oct. 5/6), has negotiated to turn this traditionally one day only Regional into a full two day event with separate sanction numbers for both Saturday and Sunday races.

But the even bigger news is that Sunday’s race will commemorate Fifty Years of Formula Vee and will feature an F-V only half hour race!

Yes, that means no NCF’s, Fords, F-500’s, winged things or any other assorted machinery – just Vee against Vee! Outside of the Runoffs or the Birthday Party, this will be your best chance to run with your own group in 2013.

You don't want to miss out on this opportunity to close out the Anniversary year with a memorable competition on this weekend, the traditional date of the legendary Formula One races at this storied track.

For those interested in attending, the supps for the Last Chance will be on MotorsportsReg.com shortly with more details.
    We look forward to seeing you there!

Liked: 100

Great news. I look forward to it. Thanks Ray for your work on this. Will try and get some of the Canadian boys down for this event
    DERM

Liked: 18

Default Re The Glen

I am heading down just waiting to register on motorsports reg. Cant wait

Liked: 36

Keep safe and good luck racing to the CRAZY CANUCKS who head on down!!!

Liked: 126

Default Autumn Challenge Cup

Registration for the Last Chance and the Autumn Vee Challenge Cup race opens at midnight tonight - please register as soon as possible so we can get an idea of car count and plan on having fun!

Ray Carmody FV81

Liked: 100

Ray

Just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work on this. Des and I will be there. We are also registered for next weekend. Would like to talk to you about working on a series with the Canadian group
    DERM

Liked: 23

Default F vee 50th

Uh Oh -- looks like another opportunity for me to race more this fall...

I looked at the supps. How will grid positions be set fo the Sunday race ??

Dennis

Liked: 126

Default Last Chance Race

Dennis we are looking at drawing out of a hat, maybe by how guys register by date or maybe by finishing order from Saturday. We where going to let the guys come to this race make that choice, I like pull out of a hat. Remember we are trying to do what the racer wants to do, I hope we can make this series a lot of fun for the guys/gals. Maybe we should do it by age that might not work for you we can only start 80 cars
    Ray C

Liked: 174

Default Glen

Ray,

Age would be a good idea if we go with the youngest first (I'm 52)

Mark

92' Protoform P-1/005 (for sale)
    02' Citation

Default Registering

I tried to register for the last chance race at the glen in Oct but I don't have an SCCA license but a Canadian one. How do I register. Thanks Rob Murray

Default Registering

Sorry I tried to register through Motorsports Reg . Thanks Rob

Liked: 4

Default Registering

Tried to register for both and they want to charge me $125 for the pro vee race.
    It says it is supposed to be $100 more for doing both

Arnie C
    FV12

Liked: 20

Someone on another post just stated there is no open wheel test on friday? I'm not going but just wanted to make everyone aware if this is the case that way no one shows up and is disapointed.
    Mark Filip

Liked: 23

Default F Vee race Sunday

I'll get you for THAT Ray !!!

and re registering via MSreg.... I've heard that ocassionally ( especially in special situations) their system can't handle it correctly. I understand you can always say " I'll pay at the track"..

Dennis

Liked: 0

Sorry, I was planning on signing up but when they opened registration, they closed the door on any open wheel schooling. Still weighing renting a closed wheel car for the school and relying on my previous racing experience to get signed off to drive my FV that weekend. I'd welcome any comments or suggestions?

Steve Burton

No option online to pay at track
    Still adds up wrong

Arnie C
    Protoform #12
    chassis #1

Hey everyone,

Just bringing this back to life as there are less than 2 days left to register for this event! Is anyone still having issues getting registered?

I'm not sure how they set it up in Motorsports Reg, but it should let you only pay $100 for the Vee race if you register for the Saturday regional. If anyone is having trouble with that, the best option is to contact the Chief Registrar - Terri Dobbs. She should be able to square any of that away.

Otherwise we look forward to a great weekend!
    Various WGI event photos at my website.

Default Count me in!

After some hard work by Ed Zebrowski, he's put together an open wheel Alternative School for me based on my previous circle track experience. Barring any major screw ups on my part, I should be signed off to run in Sunday's 50th Anniversary Formula Vee race. Thinking positive, so I registered for the race! Looking forward to making some new friends.

Steve Burton, FV #9, Remsen, NY

Liked: 47

Steve,
    Hope all goes well with your school and hope to see you on the grid. And welcome to Formula Vee racing - the most fun you can have outside the bedroom!
    Greg D.

Steve,

Anything you need let me know
    I will be a instructor in the school and have over 30 years in FV

Arnie C
    Protoform serial Num 1
    Car num 12

Thread Information